MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Share double the love this holiday season!

Hello customer!

This season Digicel is giving you the ultimate gift of double credit EVERYDAY!

With Digicel Double Bubble, every time you top-up online between now and December 31st we will double your credit so you can talk even more to every one of Digicel Jamaica’s 2 million family members.

That’s why your credit lasts LONGER with Digicel!

Click here to get started.

Happy holidays from your family at Digicel!

- The Digicel Team

Thanks for sharing MsTee :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
congrats mamajew on your finace reaching.... :dance:

Yes Congrats Mama...How is it going ?

Sunny whats up with you girl.....

Hey Dens......

Lady C, nothing much just here watching the clock like I know your doing. LOL

Hell yea Sunny im watching the clock...I emailed you at work but I know your email dont like me...

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: Timeline
Well I'm going to rock it like this...I'm grown and a big girl...I know what's what...at the end of the day, I will be okay no matter what...that's just how I'm built. I've prayed over the situation and given it a lot of thought. I love Den but was never so blinded by the love that I could not think reasonably and make a good decision. I think he is a very good man and he has been working himself crazy to do what he needs to do for his son. He is an excellent father...I can't say what the Mama will or will not do in the future, all I can do is handle myself and hold myself up to do what I need to do as a woman. If I do that, I will never go wrong. I'm going into this with the best intentions in the world. I'm keeping God as the head and everything else will be alright!

Well said Den's I wish you the best of luck

ME TOO!

kimmy chatterbox today....whappen? yuh bored at work?

Finesse, where di belly picta?

wapen.....lef mi alone..mek mi chat..cause all a oonuh comeing like one bag a hypocrites

I am not going to jump all over anyone, Kimmy. I said my thoughts in a PM.

but mi neva waan nobody jump pon nobody..is when mi sey dat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well I'm going to rock it like this...I'm grown and a big girl...I know what's what...at the end of the day, I will be okay no matter what...that's just how I'm built. I've prayed over the situation and given it a lot of thought. I love Den but was never so blinded by the love that I could not think reasonably and make a good decision. I think he is a very good man and he has been working himself crazy to do what he needs to do for his son. He is an excellent father...I can't say what the Mama will or will not do in the future, all I can do is handle myself and hold myself up to do what I need to do as a woman. If I do that, I will never go wrong. I'm going into this with the best intentions in the world. I'm keeping God as the head and everything else will be alright!

Well said Den's I wish you the best of luck

ME TOO!

kimmy chatterbox today....whappen? yuh bored at work?

Finesse, where di belly picta?

wapen.....lef mi alone..mek mi chat..cause all a oonuh comeing like one bag a hypocrites

I am not going to jump all over anyone, Kimmy. I said my thoughts in a PM.

mi inna di dark....wha mi miss?

Philly…

Yayy one down and hopefully one more to go. I think your youngest might have been acting out to side with his brother. Maybe now he realizes that his step dad isn’t so bad after all. I think your oldest might still take some time. He might really feel like its him against the family but in time pray fully he will come around. I like that your hubby is trying to help and not just sitting back letting you deal with all of this. I’m sure it felt good playing the game with your son and we all know men can easily relax when they are on them games.

Yes Dada finally a breakthrough!

Hey VJ family...MsTee...that is great. My daughter and hubby also talk about boys and life. It's soo cute. She feels comfortable to talk to us about anything. I don't want that to ever change.

Trying to catch up :reading:

Hey Shem ( waving) that is great! I just bought some items, I will send you the pics :yes:

Hey Yardies...

I'm so far behind and I there's no way in hell I'm going to catch up now. Anyway, How is everyone doing on this awesome FRIDAY?

Shemmy, what you going do girl, call me....

Hey Sunray hows it going ?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
you live close to the job?? lucky you, im 30 min away, mi nuh even wan waste di gas fa no quickie!!

congratulations on the approval always blessed.. MAN.. i don't know who NOBODY is anymore..

congrats none the less!!!

yeah mon....mi live 5 minutes from downtown

mi lived in md/dc fi 4 years and commute 1 hour each way.....mi seh neva again...

Edited by finesse

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know I'm all alone on here until the morning shift comes on but I need a place to vent. Just when things are going pretty smooth, there has to be a bump in the road. I come home from school at 10:40 to see hubby awake (usually he's half-snoozing by now) & he tells me his Dad can't come for him tomorrow so he's going to 'be here in a couple hours' to pick him up & drive him the 90+ minutes back to his house. ARE YOU FRIKKIN KIDDING ME???!? It is dark, cold, raining buckets & he's going to go on a road trip around 1 in the morning & I have to stress on his late night travels until they arrive at their location at 3 in the morning? The original plan was to come get him some time during the day tomorrow (Friday) & suddenly his dad has too much work to do & can't make it. Uhhh, houston, we have a problem! The logic is completely lacking, & I'm just not digging on this idea. He called his dad to tell him to turn around (since if it's still going to be 2 hours (??....hello, it only takes 90 minutes) then obviously he hasn't gotten too far. So I guess they'll try again tomorrow.....however, I'm still pissed! I'm sleeping on the papasan couch tonight. Goodnight Yardies! :angry:

Ells, sorry to hear that you're frustrated. I hope that you didn't go to bed angry! Today is a new day!

Morning!

Did anyone else see this?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Cops-c...rs-in-Ocho-Rios

Cops cut down three robbers in Ocho Rios

BY ALESIA EDWARDS Observer staff reporter ?alesiae@jamaicaobserver.com

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

OCHO RIOS, St Ann — A brazen gun battle in this bustling resort town yesterday afternoon between gunmen and police left three robbers dead and residents praising the police for their quick and brave response.

Police said three gunmen engaged them in a shoot-out about 2:10 pm after they robbed Cambio King in the Ocean Village Shopping Centre. The men were cut down as they traded bullets with police on the plaza before attempting to escape in a White Honda Partner motor car parked along Milford Road.

Police said an undetermined sum of money and firearms were taken from the men, one of whom was killed behind the steering wheel of the getaway car waiting across from the Texaco service station. One collapsed immediately in front of the vehicle while the other fell in the yard of the old courthouse metres away.

LMAO

ed-cartoon-fri-11-dec_w303.jpg

Oops, it merged my posts - the LMAO was for the cartoon

Good morning Sus, that's crazy!

good morning everyone ... my ortho appt is today plaease pray that my injury will allow for a walking shoe or cast ... hope everyone has a wonderful day ,..

Good morning! Sending up positive vibes for you to have a successful appointment at the ortho today!

THANKKS I ENDED UP WITH THIS SHOE THAT HAS A REALLY HIGH HEEL BUT A SMAILL SURAFCE UNDER THE FRONT SO I AM WALKING ON MY HEEL SO MY BREAK WIILL HEAL ..THE BEST PART IS NO CRUTCHES THE BAD PART STILL NO DRVIVING

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Visit to the SSA office to change name on social security card: 1 hr

Visit to the DMV to change name on driver's license: 1.25 hrs

Knowing I won't have to visit those offices again for a while: PRICELESS

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Got a little headache this morning from not much sleep but just to let you know, hubby got me to come to bed last night. I was about to bed down on the couch & he said, 'no, if you're sleeping out here then I am too' & squeezed in with me. It was funny & I couldn't help but laugh & eventually we discussed why I was feeling that way which he understood & agreed & made it to bed.

Mstee, that is really sweet how your kids are getting along with Steve! Hope it continues that way! :thumbs:

Mama, glad your mister made it home & you had a nice time!

Philly, I'm so happy to read about the progress with your youngest & hubby! I really hope & pray things continue to improve this way. I also hope hubby can have a nice talk this evening with your oldest & maybe even breakthrough a little. If only that kid would come around....but at least hubby is really trying! YAY HIM!

I know I'm all alone on here until the morning shift comes on but I need a place to vent. Just when things are going pretty smooth, there has to be a bump in the road. I come home from school at 10:40 to see hubby awake (usually he's half-snoozing by now) & he tells me his Dad can't come for him tomorrow so he's going to 'be here in a couple hours' to pick him up & drive him the 90+ minutes back to his house. ARE YOU FRIKKIN KIDDING ME???!? It is dark, cold, raining buckets & he's going to go on a road trip around 1 in the morning & I have to stress on his late night travels until they arrive at their location at 3 in the morning? The original plan was to come get him some time during the day tomorrow (Friday) & suddenly his dad has too much work to do & can't make it. Uhhh, houston, we have a problem! The logic is completely lacking, & I'm just not digging on this idea. He called his dad to tell him to turn around (since if it's still going to be 2 hours (??....hello, it only takes 90 minutes) then obviously he hasn't gotten too far. So I guess they'll try again tomorrow.....however, I'm still pissed! I'm sleeping on the papasan couch tonight. Goodnight Yardies! :angry:

Girl....that is simple man logic....they just didn't think much about it...I know it is probably too late to say this but don't go to bed mad...I am sure it wasn't Lehi's plan to make u upset.....he was just trying to accommodate his dad and didn't think you would have a problem with it. Go curl up next to your man!!!

I agree completely with Jamerican - there are certain things that you have to learn to just let go - to you, it might be totally ridiculous - but most men just don't think that way and they do stupid ish - But you have to learn to pick your battles wisely - there are some things with DJ that I just know it's easier not to get into a war about -

It's got to be tough for him too, Ells. He wants to please you; but he also wants to please his father. You said it was great he was going. He didn't really think the time change was that big a deal. And, he doesn't have a big grasp of what bad weather means yet.

I think it's great his dad wants to be part of his life now. Maybe it won't work out in the end and this is just a phase. Or maybe it will turn into a really great thing. Either way, you have to let it run it's course.

I see everyone's point here but I have a big problem with the lack of consideration on both their parts. When I turned the tables & asked Lehi how he'd feel if it were the other way around, he could understand more why I was upset. He would NOT like if I were headed on the road at some crazy hour & left him to worry about me. After he understood more, he made the decision without me saying anything (but yes, I was pissed) to tell him not to come then. So, they are going to figure out how to stick with the original plan & come get him today. I also have a big problem with his dad consistently breaking or changing plans with him. I'm not interfering but I do point out that it bothers me. His whole life he was let down by his dad & the man continues the pattern to this day.

i can see if this was my child being picked up in the middle of the night, then i would have a problem with it but yuh husband a grown man.....not the smartest idea in the world but if he wanna go at those hours, personally i'd say bye, see ya later, call me when ya get there......just my opinion....

In this case, I'd want to hear he reached safe BUT, I'd also be pissed that I have to get up to work in the morning & won't be getting much sleep due to this assinine plan. It's pretty dyam inconsiderate in my opinion. Wake me up at 1:00 in the morning to pick him up, then again at 3:00 to tell me he reached safe, then I have to wake up at 6:30 to go to work....I don't think so! :angry:

Sorry, what is the issue again? is his father able bodied, can see? that's the reality in this country, u just have to do what u must dark or not, it's dark here at 4:30pm..and for him to turn around? was that the best solution? did ur husband want him to come or turn around?

Since he was still "2 hours away" & he only lives about 2 hours away, that told me they weren't even on the way yet. I told him to ask his Dad where he was & apparently he wasn't even CLOSE to being on the way yet. So why bother?? If you can't come at a reasonable hour then forget it. If he had been halfway there or something I would've said 'it's a pain in the a$$ but go ahead then'. Of course the way they aren't specific, you can't get a @#$ straight answer from anyone so I wasn't playing that game last night.

Ells I agree with JG and Sus.. On this you have to cool down a little. JG is right he really doesn’t know what bad weather means and has it ever crossed your mind that maybe he really does want to get to know his father? He may act like he doesn’t but deep down he might really want to. I think you need to be a little more encouraging and supportive than what you’re being right now. I mean its not fair that for every holiday he’ll go away and celebrate with you and your family but yet when his family wants to do something (even though it’s at the worst times ) your always giving him grief or popping an attitude. Right now just be supportive and don’t make him choose.

He doesn't know what bad weather is??? We've driven around Jamaica in monsoon-like rains & it was pretty dyam nerve-wracking. And that wasn't even in the pitch black, it was daylight. I fully support him in visiting with his Dad & getting to know him BUT I will not tolerate the change of original plans & crazy hours that effect my schedule when I'm the one getting up to go to work in the morning. Sorry, that's where I draw the line! If he wants to pick him up as planned (today) during normal hours, go for it! Have fun!

Sorry, what is the issue again? is his father able bodied, can see? that's the reality in this country, u just have to do what u must dark or not, it's dark here at 4:30pm..and for him to turn around? was that the best solution? did ur husband want him to come or turn around?

Quick version... Ells hubby’s dad has surfaced since he has moved to the states. He didn’t want anything to do with Lehi when he was in JA but now he wants to reach out to Lehi and try and get to know him but Ells is pissed because he wasn’t thinking about him before. He wanted to get with Lehi for turkey day but Ells said no because Lehi was spending it with her and her family. So now he is trying before Xmas. He wants Lehi to meet his other ½ siblings.

ok..so do we know why no contact while he wa in JA? i thought better late than never? there will come a point where both families will probably have these holidays together? Lehi is a grown man Ells..there let him act and think for himself ...we cannto hold their hands every step they take...we want them to be MEN

I'm happy his dad wants to try & have a relationship with him now but I don't like that it's always on his terms. It seems like I'm not being flexible but he is also only interacting with him when is good for him. I don't even want to go into everything here. I doubt we'll ever have holidays together since my parents aren't big on lounging around smoking ganja all day long like his dad does. He is free to make his decisions but I also have the right to tell him to put himself in my place & see how it makes him feel. That pretty much does the trick. He knows how he worries about me over the most inconsequential things so he has to know how I'd feel for him to be travelling at night with a potentially tired driver on wet & possibly icey roads. Anyway, after I gave him my perspective, he made his own decision to reschedule with his dad & called him....I didn't say a thing or force him to do anything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Great morning Yardie!!!!!

Finally up for air. LOL!!!! :devil:

I am at work and my baby is at home in bed. DAMN!!!!

Picked him up Wed. from BWI. Traffic was crazy so I left home at 5pm. Arrived at BWI at 720pm. It was cool though. The USO was greeting flights of troops from Iraq. That brought tears to my eyes and took me back down memory lane. Eric called me at 914pm said he just landed. He sounded really excited and tired. He finally walked through the international arrivals entrance/exit at 935pm. Didn't take long, but it felt like it took him a hour. I was getting real anxious. Legs shaking, foot tapping, checking my phone and watch every few minutes. We walked to car. He was like MAN it is COLD!!!! So we walked a little faster got to the car and left airport. We arrived at home around 12ish. He took shower and got fresh, so we could get all stinky and sweaty again. :dancing::devil: Felt so good not be alone in my bed any more. The dog was pretty upset about having to sleep in his own bed...LOL!! We got up next morning and chilled until about 1030. Then we went to walmart, burlington coat factory, and famous footwear. Got my baby RIGHT!!! We got back home and I started making dinner and of course doing my homework. Eric had this bright idea, that he would go outside and rake leaves, so I didn't fuss, I just said good luck with that. He came in about 2 and 1/2 hrs later like it is damn cold out. His nose was running and his hands were just as ashy. LOL!! But my yard looks good though. We ate dinner Turkey wings, cabbage, and yellow rice. Chilled and watched TV, then more SEXY Party TIME...

THAT SO SWEET GLAD HE IS HERE WITH YOU

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

roger just tell me, he got the green card in the mail .. HOOORRAHHHHHHH

this feels GREAT he is legit.. he is finally ----TECHNICALLY-- Legally--- here..

i don't know how to explain it.. it just all feels real now even tho ive had him here for 6 mnths..

i am so thankful today for finding vj 2years ago.. most of those ppl are gone, but i really wanna share how much this site has helped me, made me laugh, i really could not have done all this paperwork/relationship/drama and otherwise w/out the information and support.. i prolly would never have made it this far

thank you Lord for VJ

Congrats Q and Roger that is fabulous news!!!!! :dance:

already dillon!!!!

we were already going out w/ some friends for a bday party, BUT everyone will think its OUR bday.

i swear, we always taking over somebody event!! LOL

thanks denswifey!!!

thanks everyone..

i wish i was w/ him right now.. he actually used exclamation points on the email!!! he is so laid back, i wanna see what this looks like LOL

LOL Q that's right Sis celebrate no harm in that!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Visit to the SSA office to change name on social security card: 1 hr

Visit to the DMV to change name on driver's license: 1.25 hrs

Knowing I won't have to visit those offices again for a while: PRICELESS

I know that's right Nat. Way to go on getting all of that stuff accomplished! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Ells, what ended up happening with Lehi's visit with his father/sister?

good morning everyone ... my ortho appt is today plaease pray that my injury will allow for a walking shoe or cast ... hope everyone has a wonderful day ,..

How'd it go, My2?

Oops, it merged my posts - the LMAO was for the cartoon

Glad you clarified! (j/k I figured as much)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Ells, I didn't go back far enough to rread your entire story so ignore my comments.... Jumping in on the tail end isn't always a good thing. Forgive me sista before you even have to answer me. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.