MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm out too ladies. Supposed to be below zero windchill here tonight. I am going home to hibernate!

See you all tomorrow.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi JQ! How you been? :thumbs:

Hey Den's Im good how are you mama?

So blessed! We got our interview date for 1/13/10!!!!! :dance::dance::thumbs:

Congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you! I talked to my sweetie this morning and he so crunk. He ready to see his Shawty, I got him trying to learn this southern slang. :no: Poe thang, he better stick to J'can patois! :yes:

:bonk::no: you are something else!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
MsSheka, why'd he call you moodie?

Oh my gosh.. I just remebered a funny story. Yesterday Louis and I went to the PO. We were at a light and the car next to us beeped their horn. So we look over and the driver has a big cheesy grin and starts holding up all his reggae CDS! LOL. He was all "thumbs up"...

Louis is like #######?? Our licsence plate says "RSTAFRI" ... the guy got all happy about it guess! hahah

That's precious. We have some JA flags... I may put one in the car to see if it generates feedback.

Depending on what city/state you live in, you might want to think about that. We had a flag sticker on our back bumper and never had an issue in St. Louis. But, someone on here.......was it Sunny?......Not sure; but someone.....had some issues with hubby being pulled over by the police several times. They thought it had to do with the flag on the car.

My dad said the same thing... but go ahead and pull me over. All they will find is a back seat full of crumbs! LOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

I was talking to my cousin who is Jamaican born but now lives in Canada he is more like a brother to me than a cousin. Anyhoo we were discussing the issues with my eldest son and he suggested sending him up there for the Xmas holiday so he can really spend time with him and get into his head. I think this would be great for him because he has such a way with people in general so I know my son would benefit from time with him. He is outside the immediate family circle so he is not viewed as a threat. He knows everything that has been going on and is willing to do anything to help.

Well I discussed it with Hubby last night and he is all for it , he has such admiration for him and thinks its a wonderful idea. I went and did the dumbest thing I could have ever done and mentioned it to my MOM ( UGHHHHH as I pop my self)

Of course she flipped out about it, he must be chaperoned blah blah blah and of course we got into it cause I was traveling between and Haiti and JA when I was younger than him and he is 16 so what is she talking about!!??

Of course we got into it and now she is not talking to me Lawd the drama. I basically told her its my decision to do what I feel is best he is a not a baby he can travel alone he needs to experience this independently.

I know that this may not be a solution but at least he can step outside the family circle and have new experiences and see Canada and come back ready for a fresh start. ( praying that happens) Plus we all need space and time away from all this drama.....

I'm looking for tickets now so we shall see how this all pans out, I think my Mom just banged on me in email LOL if that is even possible!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
DaDa yes I am very worried and on top of that not sure what to do. My Aunt said she would buy me a ticket to be there but I am really torn. Yes if he does pass I will probably regret it that I wasn't there but at the same time I don't want to go without my family. The reason is, if he gets worse I don't know when I would be back. If he gets better than I want to stay for Christmas because who knows how long he will be around. I am thinking of packing the family up and driving out there. They live in Vegas so it would be some trek! Flying would be way to much for 4 people especially at this time of year. This is one of the times it would be nice to work for an airline so you could just go stand-by. LOL

Yes Dens prayer is very powerful!

Man Dillon I feel for yuh ur caught between a rock and a hard place. Ur right I do want you to go just in case. I'm praying he will see many more Xmas to come but you just neva know. I would hate for u to live with the would of could of should of's. The only thing you can think of is God willing you will have many more Xmas with your family but your dad well you just neva know....

The only hard part about taking your family is that you’ll need to spend mad hours at the hospital. Would the kids drive you crazy because there really isn't much for them to do or is there family who can keep a eye on them?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh my gosh.. I just remebered a funny story. Yesterday Louis and I went to the PO. We were at a light and the car next to us beeped their horn. So we look over and the driver has a big cheesy grin and starts holding up all his reggae CDS! LOL. He was all "thumbs up"...

Louis is like #######?? Our licsence plate says "RSTAFRI" ... the guy got all happy about it guess! hahah

That's precious. We have some JA flags... I may put one in the car to see if it generates feedback.

Our License plates says JAM 8 KAN Everyone be honking :rofl:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was talking to my cousin who is Jamaican born but now lives in Canada he is more like a brother to me than a cousin. Anyhoo we were discussing the issues with my eldest son and he suggested sending him up there for the Xmas holiday so he can really spend time with him and get into his head. I think this would be great for him because he has such a way with people in general so I know my son would benefit from time with him. He is outside the immediate family circle so he is not viewed as a threat. He knows everything that has been going on and is willing to do anything to help.

Well I discussed it with Hubby last night and he is all for it , he has such admiration for him and thinks its a wonderful idea. I went and did the dumbest thing I could have ever done and mentioned it to my MOM ( UGHHHHH as I pop my self)

Of course she flipped out about it, he must be chaperoned blah blah blah and of course we got into it cause I was traveling between and Haiti and JA when I was younger than him and he is 16 so what is she talking about!!??

Of course we got into it and now she is not talking to me Lawd the drama. I basically told her its my decision to do what I feel is best he is a not a baby he can travel alone he needs to experience this independently.

I know that this may not be a solution but at least he can step outside the family circle and have new experiences and see Canada and come back ready for a fresh start. ( praying that happens) Plus we all need space and time away from all this drama.....

I'm looking for tickets now so we shall see how this all pans out, I think my Mom just banged on me in email LOL if that is even possible!

I think my Mom just banged on me in email LOL if that is even possible!

Yes that is possible my mom has did it many times before also, you be scared to open the email. :rofl:

I think if its safe get as much as you can with your kids, that sounds like a great idea to me Philly :thumbs:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

JQ I think this will be a great experience for him, traveling over the border alone living life! My cousin is great he is my hero in more ways than one I thank God for him everyday, he has reared me up from a pickney and connected me and my Hubby. I love him so much and I know if anyone can make a difference its him!

I am still full from that panera bread bowl I know that was a million calories hot mess LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Great news :dance::dance::dance:

I called the DOS...we got our interview for January 13, 2010!! :dance::dance::dance:

congrats

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
O.k. ladies help me whose Tracey Ann? I see pon FB her man comes this week but I'm not sure what VJ sistern that is?

haysmorgan

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Well I broke down today from the stress and went to Panera bread and got a soup bread bowl. I feel soooooo guilty why why why did I do it! :dead:

But it was so good :pop::help:

Hey Chica don't beat urself up it happens. Sometimes we have to splurge a little to stay on track. With everything your dealing with I'm glad you ate something instead of drinking or smoking something..lol

JQ yuh pickney is too cute!!!

I agree Irie your bed looks so comfy!!!

I cant believe we are on post 646 already! Man we talk alot lol

speak for yourself.... :lol: not me! just noticed I have been a member since 06 and don't even have a heart yet...but I am breaking out of my shell...

AH HA so we were the group that made you feel comfortable I see...LOL

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

I just want everyone who hasn't seen the movie UP to go rent it! I LOVED IT! I never would've guessed an animated flick would make me bawl in the first 10 minutes! Immediately though, it switches into some very funny stuff. It gets 5 stars from me! :thumbs:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the birthdays today & coming up! :dance:

Thompson, all the name change business does not have to be done all at once, just do a little at a time & it won't be so bad. I finally got just about everything changed over recently. Last thing to do when I have some extra $$ is change my name on my passport.

Lawny, I hope you aren't too hurt today...take care of ya batty & SLOW DUNG! :yes:

Congrats Den's on the interview date!

Mstee, I totally feel you on the lack of enthusiasm for the wedding....I felt so fortunate to have a friend who loves the planning & did everything for me or I would've been a MESS! Just try to make it as nice but stress-free as possible so you can really enjoy your day.

DaDa, I acknowledge you often....usually I'm saying 'you so crazy DaDa'! :lol: ((chups))

Finesse, Happy 2 year Anniversary!

Mama, enjoy your man tonight....hope you get to take that nap cause it's true, you'll need it! :P

Dillon, prayers & hugs! (F)(L)

Cat, the wine bottle w/lights sounds like a very cool idea....did you make a hole for the cords or something? We want to know how to do this too! :yes:

Philly, glad you enjoyed your lunch! Once in a while it's okay to jump off the track, as long as you get right back on it....otherwise you just feel deprived, so don't feel bad about it....you deserved it.

Congrats Jo & Danny on the visa coming & his soon-to-be arrival!

Timeline

Ells it is free to change your name on your passport. You just send it in with a change of name form and on the last page they have a line saying something and that this is your new name.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Hey Yardies! :star:

I am dying from this "be nice for the rest of the year" ####### :help: i am just a mess i made my sister laugh so hard she was coughing for 30 minutes when i politely told her how i was doing, on another note i am so sick of people who does nothing for anyone but have your number on speed dial every time their heart beat :angry:

Who said you have to be nice?? Girl let them have it you'll feel so better afterwards...

Timeline
Okay I am about to get ready and go to the airport. Might have to take my dog with me so he can keep me company. LOL!!!

go get your man girl :thumbs:

ok what did i miss? :unsure:

do you guys mind if i vent a minute about something?

In case you haven't already vented because I'm still catching up go ahead let it out. U don't need our permission just let it out. You see the rest o the ladies bite our heads off and the afterwards be like thanks for letting me vent. Umm we didn't have a choice did we...

No girl whatever is on your mind spill it!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.