MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh Lawny that is so heartbreaking (F)

With my Grammy she had her 1st round of chemo and had a stroke and fell in to a coma and would never wake up. It was very sudden she just had a masectomy and the Doctors gave her a great prognosis that she would beat the cancer, I was in total shock. I was the one faced with the decision because we were so close, my Mother didn't know how to handle it. I know what she wanted and she always told me if faced with this decision she wanted to go HOME. It was the hardest thing I have ever faced cause I never wanted to say goodbye and I crying as I type this thinking about it but I know it was what she wanted. We have the same Bday we were exactly alike she is the ORIGINAL FASHIONISTA taught me to sew and create fabulous pieces, my creativity comes from her. I still haven't been able to go to her house since she passed its too hard to take that journey. Every Bday is not the same cause she is forever on my mind. She had a full life I learned so much I am glad she is no longer in pain and with the Creator I just take comfort in that till we meet again (L)

You ladies are making me :crying: with grandparent stories. I was very close to mine as well :crying:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:crying: i literally cried on the way home from gym- hubby is NOT being sympathetic

but that's why i love him, no sugar coating

my legs are still shaking

:wacko:

LMAO

Awwe Sweetie yuh gonna be alright it gets better, when I first started jogging I thought I would drop and it got easier with every run. YOU CAN DO IT!

@ Tre I am so selfish when it comes to her. 9118_167342936216_615741216_4039748_4922547_n.jpg

here is a picture from her b-day at the Kindred in Sept full of life

Tre I understand what you mean but I dont think right now she is ready to give up, I feel its only the dr.s

Beautiful (F)

pep's show is a black version of sex and the city

which isn't bad, pep is carrie, kittie is samantha, then the short hair one is charlotte and the other one is miranda i guess

it is potentially good, POTENTIALLY

OOH I am intrigued can't wait, I wonder will Salt make an appearance

why? I love ackee so much when I was a child my dad made sure the back yard had more than enough trees...he also planted tons of breadfruit and neasberry trees also my favorite and tons of sugarcane and plantains...

Lef mi alone Lawny LOL now you got me daydreaming about fresh Almonds and mango's from Haiti how I miss them in the morning :luv:

Because it takes mushy and nasty to me. I LOVE roasted breadfruit though. I don't eat like the yellow yams either. For me its about how the consistency feels in my mouth. Don't like okra either, too slimey!

and Plaintains love em

Gril I am dragging you and Steve to the store to get everything he needs to cook come traditional meals!

i don't even know, lol

we can go around with philly jamming to jermaine jackson and picking up stray cats

hahaaaa

OMG I just LOL'd haaaaaaa girl if I tell my Hubby he will be yuh best friend cause he always told me when I was there to leave the damn cats in the alley they can't come in the house and they don't want a bath and they are not your friend. Whatever I got me a goat and rooster instead :lol:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Whoo C your about to be making Cash Money. My GF told me that is a great field to go into….

I hope so. Although in my field a degree doesn't hold much weight, its more so experience. I'm just happy that I decided to get the degree so that my company could pay for it. I would urge anyone that has tuition remimbursement at your compnay to take full advantage of it. We were just purchased by another large pharmaceutical company and our days may be very limited as soon as the deal closes. And unfortunately I'm not willing to make a move to Chicago to stay with the company so I may be jobless real soon. There are not very many biotech firms in Georgia so I may have to head up north soon. I thought that I could never move to the cold, but now that I have so many new friends (all you guys on VJ) things may not be so bad.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Filed: Timeline
I'd like to see Tre inteview people at the embassy. That would be funny.

I would be very professional and fair.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I hope so. Although in my field a degree doesn't hold much weight, its more so experience. I'm just happy that I decided to get the degree so that my company could pay for it. I would urge anyone that has tuition remimbursement at your compnay to take full advantage of it. We were just purchased by another large pharmaceutical company and our days may be very limited as soon as the deal closes. And unfortunately I'm not willing to make a move to Chicago to stay with the company so I may be jobless real soon. There are not very many biotech firms in Georgia so I may have to head up north soon. I thought that I could never move to the cold, but now that I have so many new friends (all you guys on VJ) things may not be so bad.

We USED to have it but too many people would leave after getting what they needed so I was able to get 9 credits out of it but then I couldn't use them because I stopped going when they stopped paying lol

I would be very professional and fair.

I believe you would be!

Filed: Timeline
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was waiting for your REPLY...now where is JG

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
We USED to have it but too many people would leave after getting what they needed so I was able to get 9 credits out of it but then I couldn't use them because I stopped going when they stopped paying lol

That's sucks. You would think they would at least set rules for this instead of punishing everyone. I think for my company if you leave within a year, you have to pay back half of what was reimbursed that calendar year.

K-1 Timeline

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

AOS Timeline

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

3/1/2010 - Touched

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That's sucks. You would think they would at least set rules for this instead of punishing everyone. I think for my company if you leave within a year, you have to pay back half of what was reimbursed that calendar year.

At my job, you agree to stay for a year after finishing your degree or reimburse them - However, if you leave before you have the actual degree in hand, you don't have to reimburse... so I am planning my exit strategy in about 9 months :whistle:

I believe you would be!

Yuh nah kno Lawny?

She ago tell people to go dead a bush and sick di duppies pon dem! :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Its okay because im only 10 classes shy of my BA in Education :dance::dance:

Timeline

Hi Always Blessed!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Awwe Sweetie yuh gonna be alright it gets better, when I first started jogging I thought I would drop and it got easier with every run. YOU CAN DO IT!

Memba Wakey’s story about her working out? Whoo :rofl: I think that was the funniest one yet.. Wait who am I talking to I know no one remembers it.

Timeline
At my job, you agree to stay for a year after finishing your degree or reimburse them - However, if you leave before you have the actual degree in hand, you don't have to reimburse... so I am planning my exit strategy in about 9 months :whistle:

I feel you. I was trying to figure out my exit strategy, but I guess they will figure it out for me. Good thing is I won't have to stay with them for another year, bad thing is I will be pressed to find another job, instead of taking my time. I just wish they would go ahead and tell us our fate so that I can get to steppin' if I need to. Just make sure that my severance package is in order b4 you send me on my way.

Its okay because im only 10 classes shy of my BA in Education :dance::dance:

Well you just go ahead and work that on out then :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

AOS Timeline

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

3/1/2010 - Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.