MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/Chang...geName_851.html

Here is the passport name change info - no fee unless you require expedited service.

Where you see NO fee? Mine was issued more then a year ago.....so, it looks like there is a fee for me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
No he was my soon to be husband at the time... Now he's my soon to be X!!!

Still very funny.

I just pictured him all drunk and looking at you and saying it.....you know, like he'd never seen you before. That would've had me rolling.

Happy Friday!! boobies.gif

who's having hot sexy parties lately?

ha ha.....no comment :devil:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Yes Dens have a ball and best of luck to you even though I know you got dis in the bag. Make sure you have a cocktail by the beach just for me!!!

Thanks DaDa (F) !!!

Morning, All

Last night was the 2nd night in a row I took Nyquil & slept for 10 hours. Still no improvement, so I'm going to the doctor right now. Talk to you all later!

Hope its nothing serious Nat :unsure: Feel better soon! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Dens, best of luck @ interview next week. Enjoy some of the JA SUN for me.

Thank you! I plan on enjoying some sun for sho! :thumbs:

Does upcoming hot sexy parties count? :devil:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Yeah, Dillon mentioned that. Tell me how you change the name on the passport and if there is a form, a link please.

Hey JG yup here you go Passport Name change

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
In the important notes section, JG

I'm not i seeing it in the important notes section. Everything is pointing to paying a fee if you have had your passport more than a year.

Edited by dillon

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
In the important notes section, JG

OK, I'm confused....

What I am looking at, in that page is that IF YOUR PASSPORT WAS ISSUED LESS THEN A YEAR AGO, there is no charge.

But, down in the important notes of if your passport was issued more then a year ago, there is a fee for a new one.

Are we not looking at the same thing?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Good Morning Ladies.

Sus sorry to hear about your friend that is so heartbreaking. She is in my prayers.

Den's enjoy your trip and good luck at the interview. You better have someone's number to call and let us know you were approved.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Good Morning Ladies.

Den's enjoy your trip and good luck at the interview. You better have someone's number to call and let us know you were approved.

Good morning Dillon! How's the weather your way?

Thank you! I will definitely let you guys know some how some way!!! :thumbs:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Good morning all!!! Hope all is some what well on this Friday. Presently, I'm pampering myself. I'm @ beauty parlor. Must have my hair right.

Dens, best of luck @ interview next week. Enjoy some of the JA SUN for me.

Sus, sorry to hear about your friend/coworker. I will pray for her as well.

As usual, I will check back in throughout the day.

Blessed

Mawning Moacory, das right got to keep it tight and exact!

LOL me of course as always :devil: How deh belly today?

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

Cahrandeivan...good luck tomorrow and congrats. We want to see pictures!

Dens the weather today is FREEZING! I am not even going into work and the schools are closed again today.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning, Yardies. I'm at home today due to the weather. The office didn't open until 10 and I only work until 11 on Fridays, so I saw no point in coming in.

Hey Yardies! Just passing through before I head to bed and wanted to give you a quick update! Gregory and I are doing fine. Still adjusting to each other's ways/habits on a day-to-day basis. I swear we adjust to something different EVERYDAY! :lol: But I love having him here. We're making small progress here and there. We STILL haven't gotten the greencard, but they re-issued it after it came back to them that no one lived at that address (Oh yeah--how the hell did I get all of your other freakin mail? :wacko: ) We should expect it early next week. His social security card arrived in the mail Christmas Eve (YAY!) and his state i.d. arrived yesterday! So we have been putting in applications and I'm trying to put together a resume for him. He will also be able to begin the orientation classes for the GED program at the Community College on Monday, and we are BOTH happy about that! :thumbs: He's so ready to get out the house it ain't even funny. He HATES the cold weather and I tell him that it could be MUCH worse, but he can't even fathom anything being worse than what we're experiencing! :lol: He's bundled up all the time and I try not to laugh ALL THE TIME--but he's SOOO cute and funny. We definitely have our days when we're both like "I don't wanna talk to u right now", but we get over it, talk when we're ready, and tell each other that we love each other regardless. Sooo....long story short, we've had some ups and downs, but we're learning and pushing through. I feel like things are definitely starting to look up for us though, and I just think he'll be a lot less anxious when he "feels" like he is actually doing something productive (even though I tell him how much I appreciate his help around the house all the time). I can't imagine not being without this man ever. I love him so much, and I would go through wars as long as I'm going through them with him. Everything that we have ever been through has been all worth it, and I'm only expecting bigger and better things in 2010! Good luck to all the yardies in their relationships/marriages (L)

Tamisha

Glad to hear that you guys are adjusting. There will always be ups and downs, but love prevails over all. Stay blessed.

Morning all!

TGIF, but I woke up to SNOW this am :cry:

It's been a harder than normal adjustment back - One of my co-workers (we also worked together at a previous job, so we have been friends for over 10 years) has cancer and has been battling for a long time now - While I was away, she started a new type of chemo. Apparently, it didn't go well, and she has been very sick since - Her lungs are filling with fluid, and she has had to have them drained (2 liters of fluid at a time, she weighs all of 90 lbs). I spoke with her yesterday, and she said she doesn't think she is coming back to work again - and that she is stopping chemo.

My heart is breaking - no matter what, it's like she can't catch a break - Within a 6 month window, she lost her mom, her ex-husband, and was diagnosed - now she is dealing with the stress of being ill and a single parent - she's from France so she has no other family here.

Please say prayers for her -

So sorry to hear that. My prayers are with her. (F) This is a reminder that there is always someone in a worser situation than you.

Chiney (((waving))) I was on last night and just missed you, mi kna yuh live pon FB LOL

Congrats Char tomorrow is the big day are you nervous! what are your entertainment plans?:luv:

Oh Sus this is so sad, you are breaking my heart this morning I know the perils of cancer all to well..... I am saying a prayer for your friend right now I pray for her strength and clarity to move forward and deal with this and most of all that her health improves for a full recovery. (F)

Hey Irie Happy Friday right back at ya!

Hey Philly,

The big day is next week Saturday. We are flying out on Thursday night. For entertainment we are gambling, going to "V" the Variety Show, the Mentalist show and La Reve. We are getting massages the morning of our wedding and trying to squeeze in a Grand Canyon tour.

Morning, All

Last night was the 2nd night in a row I took Nyquil & slept for 10 hours. Still no improvement, so I'm going to the doctor right now. Talk to you all later!

Feel better soon, Nat.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

OK, I'm confused....

What I am looking at, in that page is that IF YOUR PASSPORT WAS ISSUED LESS THEN A YEAR AGO, there is no charge.

But, down in the important notes of if your passport was issued more then a year ago, there is a fee for a new one.

Are we not looking at the same thing?

I just got confused too I'll call them when I get a chance today to clarify the fees

****ROC VSC****

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.