MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
They're in the guides above. Basically, you file for 3 things: AOS, EAD, & AP. It cost $1010 to file them together. You'll need the detailed tax information to go with this, as well as a certified copy of your marriage license/certificate.

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Also, lol @ your story of your church visit. I can imagine how red-faced you may have been at the time.

Thanks girl!! I will have to leave a blunt hint for Eric, I guess. I will have to print the forms out and leave them near the fridge. That is the one place where I know he will go

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shemmy--Congrats on the 5 year anniversary!!!!!! Blessings and many more to come..From Mama and Papa Jew

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

time really flies, can;t believe you looking to start the process of removing conditions already girl

Yeah girl I am trying to be proactive about this :thumbs:

I need mittens!

mi hand dem a freeze!

mine too LOL

I'm surprised about that. I just did a lot of research and found this:

Choosing Resident Alien Status

Nonresident Spouse Treated as a Resident

Well, that wasn't entirely conclusive, so I called the IRS International Tax Law hotline (215-516-2000) to ask. Joseph told me that

If I file a joint return: (so I know I can file one)

1) He'd be considered a resident alien for tax purposes

2) He needs to report world-wide income, converted to USD

3) We need to attach a statement signed by both of us containing two things: a declaration that he chooses ot be treated as a US resident for the entire tax year and our contact/ID information. The details are in that second link, or on page 10 of Publication 519.

Hey Nat,

Yes I found that info last year as well and spoke to the folks at the IRS and was told similar info as well, however my Husband was gainfully employed but did not recv any type of statements all under table income. I didn't see the benefit in going through all of that drama anyway if we decided to pursue it. I recv 2 dependent deductions and filing jointly was not going to change my return so I followed her instructions to change my status to married but still file head of household and that was copacetic for me. The good this is we have choices its just about what works best for you.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

JAP ((waving)) how are you and the beautiful Lilla?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

yaadies wah oonuh a gwaan wid..jus a pass tru wid a quick link

Happy New Year Chiney*Eyes!

JAPrincess, how are you doing Mama and how's lil' mama doing? I know she's beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures! :star:

I will have to leave a blunt hint for Eric, I guess. I will have to print the forms out and leave them near the fridge. That is the one place where I know he will go

:rofl:

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Char!

So next Sunday is the wedding? You got mostly everything? I know its going to be beautiful. Please make sure you share some pics on FB!

The wedding is on Saturday. I still have a couple of things to do so I am in panic-mode. I bought the outfit for my wedding night sexy party today :devil: , bought my jewelry and the remaining items for his outfit. Now I just need to find a salon to do my hair and makeup, figure out where we are having dinner and find a tiara/veil or some type of headpiece. Its funny how I still have all of this left to do, but I have all of our entertainment plans figured out!

Yes some of these friends are :wacko: I had one tell me she suppose to get married before me...I told her she still had time the wedding was not until February 2010!!! :rofl: Poe thangs!!! At the end of the day, you can't worry about folks, they gon talk and have opinions but that isn't going to stop me from doing my thang! :thumbs:

I love H20!!! The only thing I didn't like was the first time I went there and went over by the bar and they had that snake over there in a glass case....mi no likey at all :angry: YIKES!!!! I have not been over by the bar since...

That's crazy that your friend said that. I would have to put her on the "delete friend" list. OMG! You saw a snake there. I would have lost my mind.

Welcome back Sus.

I almost forgot..today is our 5th wedding anniversary :wub:

CONGRATS!!! My God bless you with many more years.

I got a call from a survey company asking me to participate all day Friday & Saturday at this hotel (around the corner from where I live). It pays $500.

I work Friday, so I can't go, but I WISH Steven could. Unfortunately, since he doesn't have EAD, I didn't want to risk it. Plus, to participate one has to be a registered voter.

Wow! I will go in your place...I guess I should pay more attention to the email requests that I receive. I used to be a mystery shopper and also received offers for surveys, but I never accepted any. I guess if I get laid off this year, I will pay more attention.

Ok ladies i am so excited we set the date it is the 27th of feb

:dance::dance::dance: CONGRATS :dance::dance:

Edited by charandivan

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies! Just passing through before I head to bed and wanted to give you a quick update! Gregory and I are doing fine. Still adjusting to each other's ways/habits on a day-to-day basis. I swear we adjust to something different EVERYDAY! :lol: But I love having him here. We're making small progress here and there. We STILL haven't gotten the greencard, but they re-issued it after it came back to them that no one lived at that address (Oh yeah--how the hell did I get all of your other freakin mail? :wacko: ) We should expect it early next week. His social security card arrived in the mail Christmas Eve (YAY!) and his state i.d. arrived yesterday! So we have been putting in applications and I'm trying to put together a resume for him. He will also be able to begin the orientation classes for the GED program at the Community College on Monday, and we are BOTH happy about that! :thumbs: He's so ready to get out the house it ain't even funny. He HATES the cold weather and I tell him that it could be MUCH worse, but he can't even fathom anything being worse than what we're experiencing! :lol: He's bundled up all the time and I try not to laugh ALL THE TIME--but he's SOOO cute and funny. We definitely have our days when we're both like "I don't wanna talk to u right now", but we get over it, talk when we're ready, and tell each other that we love each other regardless. Sooo....long story short, we've had some ups and downs, but we're learning and pushing through. I feel like things are definitely starting to look up for us though, and I just think he'll be a lot less anxious when he "feels" like he is actually doing something productive (even though I tell him how much I appreciate his help around the house all the time). I can't imagine not being without this man ever. I love him so much, and I would go through wars as long as I'm going through them with him. Everything that we have ever been through has been all worth it, and I'm only expecting bigger and better things in 2010! Good luck to all the yardies in their relationships/marriages (L)

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Hey Yardies! Just passing through before I head to bed and wanted to give you a quick update! Gregory and I are doing fine. Still adjusting to each other's ways/habits on a day-to-day basis. I swear we adjust to something different EVERYDAY! :lol: But I love having him here. We're making small progress here and there. We STILL haven't gotten the greencard, but they re-issued it after it came back to them that no one lived at that address (Oh yeah--how the hell did I get all of your other freakin mail? :wacko: ) We should expect it early next week. His social security card arrived in the mail Christmas Eve (YAY!) and his state i.d. arrived yesterday! So we have been putting in applications and I'm trying to put together a resume for him. He will also be able to begin the orientation classes for the GED program at the Community College on Monday, and we are BOTH happy about that! :thumbs: He's so ready to get out the house it ain't even funny. He HATES the cold weather and I tell him that it could be MUCH worse, but he can't even fathom anything being worse than what we're experiencing! :lol: He's bundled up all the time and I try not to laugh ALL THE TIME--but he's SOOO cute and funny. We definitely have our days when we're both like "I don't wanna talk to u right now", but we get over it, talk when we're ready, and tell each other that we love each other regardless. Sooo....long story short, we've had some ups and downs, but we're learning and pushing through. I feel like things are definitely starting to look up for us though, and I just think he'll be a lot less anxious when he "feels" like he is actually doing something productive (even though I tell him how much I appreciate his help around the house all the time). I can't imagine not being without this man ever. I love him so much, and I would go through wars as long as I'm going through them with him. Everything that we have ever been through has been all worth it, and I'm only expecting bigger and better things in 2010! Good luck to all the yardies in their relationships/marriages (L)

Tamisha

Good morning Yardies!!!

Mrs. Palmer, so glad to hear that things are on the up and up! Congrats! Reading that made me say..."Awwwww!"

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

The wedding is on Saturday. I still have a couple of things to do so I am in panic-mode. I bought the outfit for my wedding night sexy party today :devil: , bought my jewelry and the remaining items for his outfit. Now I just need to find a salon to do my hair and makeup, figure out where we are having dinner and find a tiara/veil or some type of headpiece. Its funny how I still have all of this left to do, but I have all of our entertainment plans figured out!

Well congratulations again! I will still be in JA with my Booski but we're both sending you and Ivan positive vibes for your special day!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Ok ladies i am so excited we set the date it is the 27th of feb

Congratulations! :thumbs: Not much longer now! So happy for you guys!

Edited by Dens Wifey

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all!

TGIF, but I woke up to SNOW this am :cry:

It's been a harder than normal adjustment back - One of my co-workers (we also worked together at a previous job, so we have been friends for over 10 years) has cancer and has been battling for a long time now - While I was away, she started a new type of chemo. Apparently, it didn't go well, and she has been very sick since - Her lungs are filling with fluid, and she has had to have them drained (2 liters of fluid at a time, she weighs all of 90 lbs). I spoke with her yesterday, and she said she doesn't think she is coming back to work again - and that she is stopping chemo.

My heart is breaking - no matter what, it's like she can't catch a break - Within a 6 month window, she lost her mom, her ex-husband, and was diagnosed - now she is dealing with the stress of being ill and a single parent - she's from France so she has no other family here.

Please say prayers for her -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You all are not very observant at your work, are you, Nat? I can tell the minute someone walks in the door that they got a hair cut or a new piece of clothing.

The best part is we are like Seinfeld.....we talk all day long about nothing. Just jump in when you want to. And, ask someone to give you a brief synopsis of what you are missing if you really want to know. Having said that, I asked for one and never got it....so good luck! :angry:

Yall better give JG a synopsis from now on! lol

Nope. When I saw the 4-month pregnant girl today, I didn't understand how I never noticed her stomach before. It's not huge, but definitely noticeable. However, I do notice hair style/length changes right away.

I wonder if you can make them with rum. I can't do vodka. It makes me sweat & fall asleep.

You can :thumbs:

Timeline
For those who got married in 2009 and are wondering about how to file taxes, here's a thread worth reading:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235365

Thanks Nat :thumbs: Always so informative :)

Timeline
Thanks Nat, Bunz, JQ, DW, Shemmy and anyone else i missed thank you all :thumbs: i paid the bills so i'm just waiting on them to show PAID so that i can get my cover sheet and my hubby is going to get his PC express service next week Monday or Tuesday and my AOS package is ready to go :dance::dance:

im so excited for you :)

I'm surprised about that. I just did a lot of research and found this:

Choosing Resident Alien Status

Nonresident Spouse Treated as a Resident

Well, that wasn't entirely conclusive, so I called the IRS International Tax Law hotline (215-516-2000) to ask. Joseph told me that

If I file a joint return: (so I know I can file one)

1) He'd be considered a resident alien for tax purposes

2) He needs to report world-wide income, converted to USD

3) We need to attach a statement signed by both of us containing two things: a declaration that he chooses ot be treated as a US resident for the entire tax year and our contact/ID information. The details are in that second link, or on page 10 of Publication 519.

This is good to know because I will probably need to go this route too. I usually file my own taxes but may get someone else to do them this time.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

TGIF, but I woke up to SNOW this am :cry:

It's been a harder than normal adjustment back - One of my co-workers (we also worked together at a previous job, so we have been friends for over 10 years) has cancer and has been battling for a long time now - While I was away, she started a new type of chemo. Apparently, it didn't go well, and she has been very sick since - Her lungs are filling with fluid, and she has had to have them drained (2 liters of fluid at a time, she weighs all of 90 lbs). I spoke with her yesterday, and she said she doesn't think she is coming back to work again - and that she is stopping chemo.

My heart is breaking - no matter what, it's like she can't catch a break - Within a 6 month window, she lost her mom, her ex-husband, and was diagnosed - now she is dealing with the stress of being ill and a single parent - she's from France so she has no other family here.

Please say prayers for her -

Awww my heart goes out to her during this time. I will say prayers for her.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.