MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
JG, is that you?

Lunch was good but the fancy lunch is next week I think the 15th. Yesterday was movies and Cheesecake Factory. I enjoy the Cheesecake factory their menu is just too darn long. I had Cookie Dough Cheesecake and it was so good I want to go back and get another piece matter of fact I want to buy a whole one now.

That sounds SO good. I'lll have to try that flavor next time.

But Kimora fresh like her mommy.................. No wonda he ave issues!

Whoa! Another blast from the past!

Who? What? Where? When?

I'm trying to change my avatar. I can't see it. If you can, then, yes, it is me.

That's not her!

Are you serious? Did I screw the thing up? I can't see anything but the damn football purse. Maybe I should log off and come back.

:rofl::crying::rofl: JG I love you! -- I just needed a good laugh...it's you.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all I can do is talk and show by example how it works. Now I know I am not the best mom on the planet but I do my best. :)

Louis is going to SLU for 2 weeks next month. I am hoping he comes back "refreshed". I think he has quite a bit of anxiety and stress built up. He is worried about his mom and wants to see her and make sure she is ok. I think it will releive some stress.

He needs a vacation, he needs to see his friends. I think all this will help alot.

Ok...u think that will solve it? honestly I doubt it, something else is going on here

Philly... I am sorry about your family stuff. You know Louis and I have been arguing about Tierra lately. He gets on her about EVERYTHING and when I ask him to cool out it usually ends up in a big argument. I am not sure what to do. I have tried to tell him that he needs to show more love, patience and caring... dont sweat the small stuff. Of course he thinks my way is all wrong... * sigh * .... one day at a time!

awwww Cat :(

That makes me sad... To me it always seems like he is so good with her...

It will work out (((hugs)))

in this American culture its easier to say dont sweat the small stuff..we have to remember the step parent is looked at as the outsider..ur child will play on the fact UR MY MOM and HE"S NOT MY DAD..u have to set the rules and make sur eshe gets it..if he "gets" on for something..make sure u speak about it..don't dismiss his discipline...in the future ur going to need his backing and he wont give it because u have set the pace of "its not that serious"..one day it will be THAT serious..Tierra is a big girl..she understands..

Well why are mine treating me like the outsider? Like I didn't give birth to them? :angry:

LMAO..cause yuh strict mommy ..ahhaa

oh I know Shem..Kimora was almost 2 when her daddy came..it has gotten alot better because she is still young, but the biological parents cannot brush off the issue the step parent is having, or minimize it, especially with the child around

he had issues..she was about 20 months..so fresh neva dey dere...LOL..now..she fraida daddy..i stopped gettign involved..she used to run to me..and i would "rescue" her bad thing that was..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
awwww, honey I am sorry :(

I know the older the kids are the harder it is for them to adjust :(

Time, Philly... give it time (F)

(L) you!

I'm trying I thought we had moved past the foolishness but now its the older son and refuses to accept Damian period end of story and its not helping that my parents are basically entertaining his tantrums. I try to keep them out of my business especially when it comes to raising the kids cause they treat them like babies but my son keeps bringing them into it. I have a feeling someone is gonna get cussed out before the end of the day! :angry:

Hey Dad how was lunch?

I’m assuming yuh meant Dada not dad..LOL

Lunch was good but the fancy lunch is next week I think the 15th. Yesterday was movies and Cheesecake Factory. I enjoy the Cheesecake factory their menu is just too darn long. I had Cookie Dough Cheesecake and it was so good I want to go back and get another piece matter of fact I want to buy a whole one now.

Umm never mind my co-worker just told me those things are like 50 bucks and up.

Oops Dada sorry girl, you know my mind is all over the place today.

Hell to the yeah them cheesecakes are expensive but soooo good. Now I'm getting a sweet tooth UGHHH.

Let me eat my darn steamed veggies ( as she cries in the corner) LOL

Philly....so sorry you have to deal with this MESS.....why can't everyone just get along?????DAMN!!! Really?? Well, hopefully you will look back in 3 months and say....wow-we got through it and we all survived! My son (remember I sent him away to Louisiana after he was acting an azz) will be back for good in 2 weeks.....hmmmmm, so I may be with you in the frustration soon.... He was supposed to stay all school year but there were "issues" so home he comes! He did improve his grades and he does realize that home was really not so bad...so we will see....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh I know Shem..Kimora was almost 2 when her daddy came..it has gotten alot better because she is still young, but the biological parents cannot brush off the issue the step parent is having, or minimize it, especially with the child around

I understand. It's still not that easy especially with older children. I don't brush off anything...sometimes I don't sweat the small stuff because things could always be a lot worse. At the same time, the stepparent needs to be a parent at all times..not when it's convenient for them.

JG, is that you?

what past? yuh act like mi no come on in yrs

I understand. It's still not that easy especially with older children. I don't brush off anything...sometimes I don't sweat the small stuff because things could always be a lot worse. At the same time, the stepparent needs to be a parent at all times..not when it's convenient for them.

there u go..it maybe alot worse for him....the biological parent must also have the steppy back at all times..no matter how "small" the issue is, especially in the Jamaican culture..it's never small...manners is manners no matter how big or small

JG, is that you?

what past? yuh act like mi no come on in yrs

a who u?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Chiney, I know it may not solve everything one time. But I can only take it day by day. I would love to go to family counseling but that is not in the budget right now. I also now how stress can effect Louis' attitude.

Louis has no children so this is all new to him. We will have to work this out as a family.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Philly---I am about to order some of the Nollywood movies...The prices are sooo cheap wow!! Any favorites???

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

Chiney, I know it may not solve everything one time. But I can only take it day by day. I would love to go to family counseling but that is not in the budget right now. I also now how stress can effect Louis' attitude.

Louis has no children so this is all new to him. We will have to work this out as a family.

right! but dont u see he has a different view on how a child should behave? stress is no good for anyone..does Tierra say any after he speaks to her or are u the one feeling the "hurt" for her? so ur reacting on his words many children are resilient and until they develop the understanding they will let things "roll" of their shoulders..I see it with Kimora..and she is the only child..and so is Shems daughter

Timeline

Irie...is Louis a "kid" person? I mean, some folks just don't care too much for children--that's ME... I am ok (more than ok but you get what I mean) with mine but you will never see me having no slumber party with a bunch of kids over..... :no: Cause if that is the case....not sure how you are gonna overcome that :huh:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
there u go..it maybe alot worse for him....the biological parent must also have the steppy back at all times..no matter how "small" the issue is, especially in the Jamaican culture..it's never small...manners is manners no matter how big or small

Well then I must be a horrible parent. I look at the big picture...not just one incident.

a who u?

yuh wuss dyam nightmare

Well then I must be a horrible parent. I look at the big picture...not just one incident.

it has nothing to do with horrible parenting....either ur husband has to learn ur way or u learn his...there is a clash

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope you can work it out, the good thing is Tierra is still young so it can be done, not like my hard-headed a** monsters!!! :angry:

and let me add to my statement..have steppy back if the child is "wrong" obviously..not just because it's not a big deal to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.