MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Mstee - don't think you are alone in what you are dealing with - reach out to someone who has walked your walk already - Trust me, there are so many that are afraid to speak out on here for fear of being judged, etc... - it is not an easy road, and there are plenty of people who face the same issues - yet everyone seems to feel that they are alone - Trust me, you aren't!

Preach Sus!

Yes Tee we all have issues one way or the other, we are all here to support each other :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just realized that when you quote a post, it automatically removes other quoted posts. When did this change happen????

Saves me a step, though, so I like it. Guess I'll go check the Site Updates thread next.

Well Nat, Ive decided to tell him a few things about himself (After I calm down) and definitely before we get married, because right now, he is not marrying TRACEY, he is marrying RASHIDA (my alter ego). One good thing about Steve is that when I explain things to him, he gets it the first time and fixes it which Im grateful for!

I think this is the hard part... waiting until you're calm enough to get the point across calmly and with love. At our pre-marital workshop, they suggested talking to your spouse as if God is standing between the two of you.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Denton thinks everything I say is "cute" or "funny" to him. He's says when I get mad its not like I'm really mad, and all he does is smile at me with those dimples! :angry: Ain't go lie, that mess does work 99.9% of the time :yes:, but I don't want him to think that's always going to solve a disagreement!

That's precious.

Not the case with us. Steven puts SO MUCH WEIGHT on everything I say, and gets very hurt easily. Sometimes, it's just easier for me to let some things go (which we probably all need to do), than tell him about it and cause him to think he's not being a good man to me.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Denton thinks everything I say is "cute" or "funny" to him. He's says when I get mad its not like I'm really mad, and all he does is smile at me with those dimples! :angry: Ain't go lie, that mess does work 99.9% of the time :yes:, but I don't want him to think that's always going to solve a disagreement!

Steve laughs at EVERY TING and I have to say whats so funny?

Isn't it funny how different our guys are?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon all

:thumbs:

MsTee hope everything works out for you mama

Be calm in arguing; for fierceness makes error a fault, and truth discourtesy.

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

That's precious.

Not the case with us. Steven puts SO MUCH WEIGHT on everything I say, and gets very hurt easily. Sometimes, it's just easier for me to let some things go (which we probably all need to do), than tell him about it and cause him to think he's not being a good man to me.

What we going to do? Bless their hearts!! We love them so. I agree though, some times I find myself just letting some things go cause its not worth hurting his feelings. My Mom has been married to my Step-dad for over 30 years and she tells me all the time, marriage is definitely a compromise!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aiight Ladies. I am off, on my way home to wrap my honey's gift. Chat with yall tomorrow. Be safe, take it easy, many blessings!!!

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Isn't it funny how different our guys are?

MsTee, all we can do is love them and pray for some strength from above! I have a feeling every ting going to be just fine!!

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Steven would say that I laugh at everything, but he hasn't yet learned the difference from funny laughter :lol: and incredulous laughter :blink: . Pretty much everytime he thinks I'm laughing as if the conversation is a joke, I'm not.... hard to explain, though.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Aiight Ladies. I am off, on my way home to wrap my honey's gift. Chat with yall tomorrow. Be safe, take it easy, many blessings!!!

Be safe Mama!

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Good afternoon all

:thumbs:

MsTee hope everything works out for you mama

Be calm in arguing; for fierceness makes error a fault, and truth discourtesy.

Thank you JQ, I don't argue really. I just shut down and come and tell yall lol...

I say what I need to and keep it moving....

Bye mama!

Timeline

Hey, Ells. :energy: I see you down there.

So what are your steps now that Lehi has his GC?

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Steven would say that I laugh at everything, but he hasn't yet learned the difference from funny laughter :lol: and incredulous laughter :blink: . Pretty much everytime he thinks I'm laughing as if the conversation is a joke, I'm not.... hard to explain, though.

I understand. I always have to show him why I don't think its funny. Alot of our things have to do with age difference. Im just set in my ways, so I have to do alot of the compromising and I get that, Im willing to do it or else I wouldn't be marrying this man! What keeps me focused is that he was basically willing to try something new and leave everything he has ever known behind, so now its up to me to make sure we live a good, decent life together and give him some of the things he has never had.

I love being in love with him and enjoying life together.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Thanks my sistas for the encouragement!!!! Imma go home and SHOW that man how much I love him! :devil:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm out ladies......All hell has broken loose. Have some friends to go see and call and comfort.

See you all tomorrow. Be safe.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That's precious.

Nat, some men can be super sensitive, and i got one of those. So I have to think before I speak when something is bothering me, cause he may take it the wrong way. I have to do the same thing with my mom too, but I do have a super smart mouth... gets me in trouble!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.