MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dens Wifey, I feel you.

Quana, you have my mother spoiled thinking you'll be there for all the holidays. :lol: My family knows not to expect me all the time. Two of the past 4 Christmases, I didn't spend with my family. Two of the past 3 Thanksgivings, I was in Jamaica.

I was thinking the same thing.

Beats me. I don't know what buildings are federal ones.

We only have one in St. Louis so it's pretty easy choice. My guess is it has to be federal and house immigration. Might be why you have to travel. Sorry about that. But, on the bright side.....it will be over and done in little time. Look at the positives!

That site, and that one person, definitely had the potential to bring out the worst in many of us :whistle:

Sad, cause there are some good people on there -

Ha ha.....yes, but she LOVED me.

There were. But the bad outweighed the good. No time for that much negativity.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
She had to do the same thing in her lifetime. Don't let anyone vex you!

NOOOO.. girl my grandmama was the mafia BOSS!!! cuss my mama out real good if she tink a being somewhere else on a holiday LOL where you think my mama got that madness from LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Brought out meanness sometimes. There was a.....(cough) (cough) a person on there.....who bugged the ####### out of me. It's Christmas so I'm being nice with that comment. Anyhow, I had moments of being a person I didn't even recognize. Better for me to stay away from there. When I said that to Portland, I meant it. She didn't do anything to deserve any meanness from me.

Yeah, i didn't log back on after that, i was trying to fine ppl I went to elementry school with. And this old discussion about how old I was, I just never bother...

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Philly-- I know what you are going through. I felt the same way this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed and really didn't want to get on that highway. Was stuck in traffic for almost 15min this morning, and wouldn't you know my gas light comes on. Lord have mercy

Hey MamaJew,

Girl I am too done with all this snow, the city is a mess and all the taxes they take out they need to plow my street not block me in and now its a bunch of ice nastiness! :angry: I am with you I never wanted to move but I had to take my boys to school so here I am LOL. Lawd did you make it to the gas station?

Ok Back to my million and 1 projects :crying: I'll catch up on my lunch break

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

sus wha ya mean "get outta here"..

u going out of town??

im good.. getting my finances in order..bout to go pay this toll bill.. my sisters wedding CHO.. she all out in stoosh town and had the service ONE SPOT.. pictures ANOTHER SPOT, then reception ANOTHER SPOT..

i wracked up $10 in tolls back and forth... bumba...

Enjoy ok back to work

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Hey MamaJew,

Girl I am too done with all this snow, the city is a mess and all the taxes they take out they need to plow my street not block me in and now its a bunch of ice nastiness! :angry: I am with you I never wanted to move but I had to take my boys to school so here I am LOL. Lawd did you make it to the gas station?

Ok Back to my million and 1 projects :crying: I'll catch up on my lunch break

awww. be careful out there philly!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Thanks everyone for the congrats on hubby's gc arrival. It feels nice to have it out of the way.

Okay Yardies...its time for the issue of the day.... :wacko:

I know we all love our significant others and for 99.9% of the time everything is all good...but that .1% sometimes :bonk: I want to strangle the heck outta mine! :angry: I can't understand for the life of me why we as women see things clearly and men, well they on a whole different level...sometimes I think where is their logic in things. Am I the only one with a special SO? :wacko: Please tell me there has to be more out there...love him to pieces but bless his heart sometimes!!!! :help:

As you can already see from the others' responses, you are not alone! We just do things different (& usually better...LOL) than they do. And most of the time for me it's the little things that drive me bonkers. Like last night, he says he found an umbrella on the bus that someone left & no one was around so he took it. Then he pulls it out of his backpack & says, "LOOK!" & opens it & water sprays everywhere. I asked if that was a smart idea. There are a million other things like that that occur every day. It's just a matter of getting used to having him around & also *trying* (easier said than done for me) not to sweat the small stuff. Problem is, the hundred annoying small things add up to REALLY BIG irritation! You'll get there though. Some days you'll want to smack the dumb off of him & other days you'll look adoringly at him, wondering how you got so lucky!

Ha ha.....no I hate when people say women are so complicated. I,can't for the life of me, see their reasoning sometimes. You want to smack them and say wake the ** up and get a clue. It's not that difficult to figure out!!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

Timeline
Morning Yardies!

Thanks everyone for the congrats on hubby's gc arrival. It feels nice to have it out of the way.

As you can already see from the others' responses, you are not alone! We just do things different (& usually better...LOL) than they do. And most of the time for me it's the little things that drive me bonkers. Like last night, he says he found an umbrella on the bus that someone left & no one was around so he took it. Then he pulls it out of his backpack & says, "LOOK!" & opens it & water sprays everywhere. I asked if that was a smart idea. There are a million other things like that that occur every day. It's just a matter of getting used to having him around & also *trying* (easier said than done for me) not to sweat the small stuff. Problem is, the hundred annoying small things add up to REALLY BIG irritation! You'll get there though. Some days you'll want to smack the dumb off of him & other days you'll look adoringly at him, wondering how you got so lucky!

:yes::yes::yes:

Hee hee, Ells. I had a few moments like that last night and this morning. Unfortunately, I think he's trying to be slick right now and fix my gate while lying and saying he is at work. So, I can't be too mad.

He almost got away with it; but he couldn't find the nails and bullets for the new nail gun cause he didn't listen to me when I told him where I put them as I put them away.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
awww jg..im so happy for you

He's sucking up today I think. He's not done................... :devil:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL, that's exactly how things are now...Den is too laid back I feel and I'm the planner!

So true! They definitely think differently. Ughhhhh!

Lol, :yes: That is where the phrase JAMAICA NO PROBLEM comes from, because mine is the same way too LAID BACK.... That is one of the things I enjoy about him, but he can get it together when he has too... I have to remind him of the phrase & I tell him dont give me any problems :luv: ....

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Ells on your hubby getting his GC..... :dance:

Hello Yardies....whats poppin? Any interview news?

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.