MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am going to be staying in negril for 10 day this is my 1st time in Negril just looking for some suggestions on things to do there things that we should not miss??

Sorry Dan-Dan I am a MoBay girl. I had SUCH a bad experience in Negril, enough to make me not want to go back....

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG - How did it go with the family you gave gifts too?

It went well. Just gave the kids theirs. They were happy. I got some awesome stuff from my kids. We watched "Pineapple Express" after and laughed ourselves silly.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Cliff diving at Rick's cafe. At the very least, watch the sunset....it melts into the ocean. Beautiful.

The Jungle

Alfred's

Seven Mile Beach

Root's Bamboo

In all my times going to JA, I've never been to Nergil! Thanks for sharing *JG*, I will make sure I add some of these on my list of places I want to see or go when I visit there maybe in a few weeks. :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

I echo JG's list about where to go in Negril. As far as food, the cheapest spot I found is Snack Counter, just up the street by the Shell station. The restaurant (not cheap) with the best view was Rock House. The guard gave us a tour of that place afterward. If I ever strike it rich, that's where I'd stay in Negril.

Margaritaville also has all-you-can-drink specials at some point in the day. I don't remember the time.

Justucia, sorry to hear about your RFE. Do you know what CS you'll go to?

Hey Mrs P (((((waving)))))

awweee Mrs P that is so sweet reminds me of us we go shopping in my Mom's freezer LOL she shops like she is feeding an army and it's only her , the boyfriend and the cat so it must be :luv:

Picture my parents have an extra freezer on the back patio where my father stores meat & ice cream. He bought one of those big machines that sucks the air out & seals stuff to lock in the flavor. So he buys tons of meat n bulk & portions, seals, & freezes it. Last time I went to New Orleans, my brother gave me a single-use ice chest. I was like, what is that for?? He said so I could take some stuff from my parents back to Houston. :lol: I passed.

Thank you Nat. Our courthouse is usually empty so no worries there. Question? After the ceremony do they sign and give it back to you? Or do they mail it off themselves (officiant). They gave me an order form to fill out and mail in. Should I take it to the courthouse myself w/order form?

MsTee, they usually keep it & file it. But I told them I needed certified copies, so instead of keeping it, they let me walk two blocks over to the courthouse. I got 2 certified copies there, then they kept it to file. I ended up getting 2 more copies later, so let me encourage you to get 3 or 4 the first time, to save future trips.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I echo JG's list about where to go in Negril. As far as food, the cheapest spot I found is Snack Counter, just up the street by the Shell station. The restaurant (not cheap) with the best view was Rock House. The guard gave us a tour of that place afterward. If I ever strike it rich, that's where I'd stay in Negril.

Margaritaville also has all-you-can-drink specials at some point in the day. I don't remember the time.

Justucia, sorry to hear about your RFE. Do you know what CS you'll go to?

Picture my parents have an extra freezer on the back patio where my father stores meat & ice cream. He bought one of those big machines that sucks the air out & seals stuff to lock in the flavor. So he buys tons of meat n bulk & portions, seals, & freezes it. Last time I went to New Orleans, my brother gave me a single-use ice chest. I was like, what is that for?? He said so I could take some stuff from my parents back to Houston. :lol: I passed.

MsTee, they usually keep it & file it. But I told them I needed certified copies, so instead of keeping it, they let me walk two blocks over to the courthouse. I got 2 certified copies there, then they kept it to file. I ended up getting 2 more copies later, so let me encourage you to get 3 or 4 the first time, to save future trips.

My plan is 2 certified one exemplified

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JQ!!!!!!

For those of us that are getting no action can you PLEASE chill out on the jooking smiley pics PLEASE!!!!!!!

Kissteet…….

Girl you are a mess but Im not going to post none today, but its still in my signaturesmiley-angelic003.gif :rofl:

How was everyone's weekend? Anything fun and exciting happen?

My hubby got his Driver's Permit. :dance:drive-driving-car-steering-wheel-smiley-emoticon-000682-large.gif this weekend. Im so happy for him.

Kids are at my dad's for the school break so hella sexy parties jumping off. [dont insert intercourse smiley because dadahas cobwebs]

:rofl:

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Thanks JG, Dens, Nat,& Ms. Tee ,

My sweetie is from the Runaway Bay area but I just wanted to do something different... I will certainly be using the list that you have created.... I am SOOO ready for next Monday....

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Timeline

JQ...

I can't stand you!!!!! OMG that made me laugh so freaking LOUD!!!!!!

Whoo I'm still cracking up.....

Thanks JG, Dens, Nat,& Ms. Tee ,

My sweetie is from the Runaway Bay area but I just wanted to do something different... I will certainly be using the list that you have created.... I am SOOO ready for next Monday....

I know you are shoot I would be too!!!!

Timeline
Girl you are a mess but Im not going to post none today, but its still in my signaturesmiley-angelic003.gif :rofl:

Ok so why did VJ erased my smiley's getting it on? :angry: in my signature. :angry:

Im going to have to change it now

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Hubby's greencard arrived in the mail Saturday....such a relief to have a break for 21 months!!

Actually, looks like they are hoping people will starve to death so they can then charge for the undertaker!!!! :angry:

Doesn't that just add insult to injury??! :angry::angry:

Girl, that man is crazy! :lol: Since he has been here I have NEVER had so much food in the house! My sister comes over to go "shopping" from my freezer and pantry! :lol: He actually realized the other day that he hasn't been hungry since he's been here...cause there were those times when he would go a week or maybe more w/ no food....I told him the least I could do was not let him starve while he was here! :unsure:

:yes::yes: Same with my hubby too! He is no longer comfortable with a hungry belly...he could take it before but at even the slightest stomach grumble he's off looking for food now. :lol:

How was everyone's weekend? Anything fun and exciting happen?

We went to the Dicken's Christmas Faire & hubby was amused by all the costumes & people in character, especially the drunken chimney sweeps! We sampled roasted chestnuts, sugared nuts, meat pies & drank eggnog & brandy! He got to see all the acts like the can-can dancers, Fezziwig's warehouse dancing w/waltzes & Irish/Scottish dancers, & those funny old-time puppet shows....that seemed to amuse him the most & reminded me what a big kid he is. LOL! Then we went around & looked at Xmas lights all over the city. Yesterday we just chilled & watched movies.

I made dinner for my kids and we celebrated Christmas, just us, yesterday. Too much hoopla and people at my mom's on Christmas day to chat or see anything. I made:

Turkey

gravy

mashed potatoes

broccoli and cauliflower

rolls

stuffing

pumpkin pie

They said, who else is coming over? :unsure: I cook just like my mom!!!!!

YYYUUUUUMMMMM!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My2,

Are you ready 1 day til your haoney is here?

yes i am so ready

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am going to be staying in negril for 10 day this is my 1st time in Negril just looking for some suggestions on things to do there things that we should not miss??

Cliff diving at Rick's cafe. At the very least, watch the sunset....it melts into the ocean. Beautiful.

The Jungle

Alfred's

Seven Mile Beach

Root's Bamboo

I would leave Roots Bamboo off - lots of Gigalos and skeevy people, unless they have a big artist playing - Look for signs for who is at Bourbon Beach - Jungle Thurs is ladies night - Weds night is On the Rocks, more of a local thing on the cliffs - If you are adventurous, Scrub a Dub - strip club, but not that graphic - great dancehall. Sunday nights beach party at Bloody Bay - local thing. Sea Star on the cliff - Sat night all you can eat buffet and music - $15 - Tuesday nights - huge shows at Negril Escape, $25

Food -

Lowkey and local - Sips and Bites on the cliff, Miss Sonias on the beach road, Ozzies jerk Pork, Sweet Spice -

Fancier, but not outrageous - Chicken Lavash, Kuyaba, Canoe Bar

Great breakfast on the beach - Moms place, Alfreds -

Just saw your ticker - how long are you in Negril and where are you staying?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I'm going stir crazy and I can't even pinpoint the reason.

wha wrong JG?

Aint that the truth. Gonna give my kids cash and Steve my hand in marriage XMAS shopping... Done!

We have to think practical now days

Momo and Acroy made it. She is going to come and post in the room

I love that MrsTee :lol:

congrats to Momo and Acroy :dance:

It went well. Just gave the kids theirs. They were happy. I got some awesome stuff from my kids. We watched "Pineapple Express" after and laughed ourselves silly.

OMG JG I almost peed myself watching that movie the fight scene was hilarious!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well good night everyone going to bed i have a major headache>>hope everyone has a great night

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.