MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Mstee! I really need help with this....I just can't quite pin it down. And YES, nothing really involved with customer service....dumb people try my patience! :whistle:

lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

take your time ells, you almost gotta do some different stuff do figure what you don't wanna do LOL

you have time now.. when ya'll start ur family.. doing what pays will outweigh EVERYTHING so its great that you are trying to figure it all out NOW..

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

In Jamaica news, here's the latest in a series of pure insanity:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead3.html

GCT slapped on raw foods

Published: Friday | December 18, 2009

Persons shopping for ground produce in Coronation Market, or any other market after January 1, 2010, should walk with their calculators because they will have to pay general consumption tax (GCT) on these items.

A ministry paper tabled by Finance Minister Audley Shaw shows that raw foodstuff, including fresh fruit and vegetables, will attract 17.5 per cent GCT.

Yam, banana, onion, garlic, meat and poultry will also attract GCT come New Year's Day.

And there is no beating the taxman by travelling to the country to buy the produce directly from the farmer.

The ministry paper makes it clear that unprocessed agricultural produce, freshwater fish, forestry cultivation and horticulture supplied directly at the farm gate will also attract GCT.

Some of the items to attract GCT come January 1, 2010

1) Raw food stuff as follows:

a) Fresh fruit and vegetables

b ) Ground provisions

c) Legumes

d) Onion and garlic

e) Meat

f) Poultry

g) Fish

2) Cornmeal

3) Corned beef

4) Pickled mackerel, herring, shad and dried salted fish

5) Canned sardines, herring and mackerel

6) Bread, buns, bullas, biscuit and crackers

7) Sugar

8) Salt

9) Eggs

10) Patties

11) Rolled oats

12) Baking flour

13) Cooking oil

14) Syrup

15) Fish, ####### and noodle soups

16) Animal feeds

17) Sanitary towels and tampons

18) Solar water heaters

19) Activities for which an admission is charged by any cultural or other organisation

20) The supply of sewerage disposal services

21) Services rendered by an undertaker in relation to burial or cremation, including the supply of coffin

Some items which will continue to be exempt from GCT

I guess the government is hoping all poor people will starve to death & then they'll only have who's left to tax! :ranting:

I read this earlier I can't even express the contempt for the fearless leader I have right now! :angry:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

im sleepy..

the kids will be going w/ their dad for winter break.LORD bless them..

but its Party time!!! i swear i have a split personality when i don't have my kids.. party 2 night, party 2moro.. whew.. its been a while but i think i can get back in the seing of things????

oh i forgot too..

HAPPY BDAY MARLEY!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wayne need a touch up on them dreds too.DANG. jq.. you gotta find a better pic.. NO FAIR.. lol

How bout this one 220px-Lil_Wayne.jpg:no:

or this iphone_app_400.jpg:no:

or this lwfc2.jpg:no::no::no:I cant :wow: this is hard :rofl:

You my girl tho Q, did u add me on FB yet :angry:

Afternoon Yardies,

We will have a small ceremony in Las Vegas on January 16, 2009 so JaQ we are coming your way. And our formal ceremony will be September 4, 2009. If I don't get a chance to get back on have a wonderful holiday!!!

Vegas baby come on :yes: Char, me and Dillion are hooking up this week coming, I would love to show you around tell me if you need anything before the wedding I can be your eyes and ears :yes:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

This makes me happy too! Reminds me of when I was there & makes me long to go back!

You I love this, bout to make me jump up and do Fanga! My Oldest son has a performance next week he is a drummer and was invited to do the Kwanzaaa celebration with the master drummers. :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
Hey Ells, you are most welcome sweetie Enjoy! I am listening to Mary now I love the song KITCHEN she is speaking the truth on that track! I am so glad to hear you are done with your finals, its such huge stress of yuh shoulders right and now you can breathe easy :thumbs:

It's crazy but I REALLY can! I had the biggest sigh of relief last night when I got home! Now it's time to work on home projects & home-schooling for Lehi while he's on break too.

Quick update: Things are going good. Eric and I are learning how to share our personal space. It is very hard for me, but I know it can be done. He got to witness one of my nightmares, I think it scared him. But he was holding me. Loved that. My dog likes him. I think my dog (Tank) is jealous. Every time Eric and I kiss the dog tries to get in the middle.

Found it! Now I can be more specific in my reply. You are not alone in having to learn to share space....our apartment is really too small for two people but we are making it work regardless....it's just somewhat cluttery at times. You'll figure it out even if it's not always easy or fun. That's really sweet that he's here now to help pull you out of nightmares....hubby & I do that for eachother too if we catch it. Now I remember what was so funny about this to me....your jealous dog! Poor Tank, he has to learn to share too! :lol::lol:

Hi Philly!

Thank you for all the DLs! I have some new music to listen to at work now....especially now that school is done!

Now I have to go back & find the ones Sus posted yesterday! :thumbs:

Speaking of sharing.. When Louis 1st got here I lived in a 1 bedroom! Tierra and I were already sharing the bedroom... then Louis came! Ugh!

I freaked out with the clutter .. but we worked it out and moved into the bigger apartment after a few months.

Louis has a tendency to take off his clothes, fold them, and just leave little piles all over. He never puts anything back in the same place twice!

Thanks Mstee....I'm trying to figure out what I'm passionate about that will get me PAID! Drumming, dancing, eating & travelling....hmmmm....what major would fit that & who will pay be the big bucks to do it??? :P

hmm Ells Imma help you figure something out and not too much contact with people right?

This sounds good Ells... I cant really drum and dance with meaning, but I could try. So when you figure it out I will come work for you. :)

Cat, I freak out & have little mini-fits all the time over the clutter.....that is my big project & hopefully I can FINALLY make some good headway before the new year. Just time to get rid of things & clear some space...I know it will do us both good...especially for me mentally.

Once I figure it all out, I'll have everyone come work for me! LOL! I keep asking God for that revelation that will turn me in the direction I'm supposed to go. Either I haven't listened yet, or it's not time for me to know.

take your time ells, you almost gotta do some different stuff do figure what you don't wanna do LOL

you have time now.. when ya'll start ur family.. doing what pays will outweigh EVERYTHING so its great that you are trying to figure it all out NOW..

I've done so many different things...I'm seriously a 'Jill of all trades, master of none'....I've done retail (hated it), entry-level real estate appraisal (too meticulous & monotonous even for me), labor market information, construction work, temp jobs of all kinds, and plenty of office work. The only thing I kinda liked was working in a music (& miscellaneous stuff like head shop, adult shop, clothing, tchotchkes) store, until I had to deal with idiot customers....like the time the obvious pregnant tweeker that came in & asked if we sold glass pipes. I could've ripped her head off! I yelled at her as she was on her way out the door that she didn't need to be buying glass pipes being pregnant and all!!!

Anyway, I'd love to be able to take something I enjoy & make a good career of it but I just can't figure that one out. Still considering something in photography (particularly a major) even though at this point I'm very much an amateur that just does it for fun.

-------------

I just don't know how much more the JA govt can burden the average folks there. Maybe I'm wrong but my perception is that there are more dirt poor people there than middle & upper class. And of course, they're the ones who are gonna feel it the most....especially when they can barely scrape enough silver together on some days to buy a piece of yam or tin fish so they can eat!

Timeline
This makes me happy too! Reminds me of when I was there & makes me long to go back!

You I love this, bout to make me jump up and do Fanga! My Oldest son has a performance next week he is a drummer and was invited to do the Kwanzaaa celebration with the master drummers. :yes:

Congrats to him Philly,

Some of my family celebrate Zwanzaa and when my cousins come to my house last week they were on the computer on this website.

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/coloring-...aa-candles.html They were serious and then printed it out on my Laser Jet paper. i was like hold up, but it was a surprise for my aunt. So I let it go. :yes:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

remember when I posted the pics of the wedding, I found the Youtube link. I love when they exchange vows!

****ROC VSC****

They are saying Jersey will get 12-20 inches this weekend WOW! I don't even feel like going to the market or Walmart on all this chaos but I am about to go to the blockbuster LOL. I just hope everything is shut down by Monday as a State of emergency and Snow days for the boys so I don't have to even get up!

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

hearing bout that snow makes my head hurt.. whew glad to be in the South

jam q.. you playing..there are some better pics out there.. dats alright LOL, girl i don't know who is who on FB these days.. usually i accept anybody i have mutual friends with, but maybe i missed you while i was scrolling thru that DARN phone... i will check today!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/30/09 checks cashed!

Timeline

I never knew your oldest plays drums! What does he play?

If he acts up too bad, you could send him to Africa for a while....he'll have a GREAT appreciation for the life he has now when he returns! :lol::yes:

remember when I posted the pics of the wedding, I found the Youtube link. I love when they exchange vows!

The pics & the video both make me do this: :blink::blink: But the vows were really sweet....except I wasn't sure what the 'bride' said when it was something about 'wa wa wa DOWN' & everyone laughed....I hope that wasn't some sexual reference cause EEWWWW! TMI!!

Timeline
hearing bout that snow makes my head hurt.. whew glad to be in the South

jam q.. you playing..there are some better pics out there.. dats alright LOL, girl i don't know who is who on FB these days.. usually i accept anybody i have mutual friends with, but maybe i missed you while i was scrolling thru that DARN phone... i will check today!!!

The only pic that is ok was this one Qlil_wayne-2950.jpg he was cut in his younger years The Block is hot

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.