MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Mstee....I'm trying to figure out what I'm passionate about that will get me PAID! Drumming, dancing, eating & travelling....hmmmm....what major would fit that & who will pay be the big bucks to do it??? :P

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Sorry to hear about what happened Char! :angry: Definitely get that alarm system....hopefully that will be enough of a deterrent the next time around. Even though I don't have much, I always worry about that kind of thing....I'd hate to have my CD collection messed with....that would probably break my heart more than anything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks sus!! will do

have fun jg

char, im sorry that happened to ya'll, that is sOOOOOO freaking scary, and just when your hubby arrives WOW...ppl are really crazy when the holidays come..

one of my clients this week, an elderly guy, said somebody stole his wallet right off of the changing room door at a dept store.. sooo sad..

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

Timeline

Not sure if this does anything for anyone else but, it makes me happy!

http://www.systemkrush.com/store/index.php (Listen to the music that plays on this page.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Char--Just make sure he doesn't use it. There are so many rules with having a weapon. To protect. So if you have to shoot make sure your life depends on it. Cause if you aren't in any imm. danger you could face some charges. Also make sure if you are in danger for you life that you shoot while they are still in your house. If they leave the house you can't shoot techn. If they turn away from you, you aren't supposed to shoot either. Just make sure you are up to snuff on your gun laws.

Other than that how has everything been? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is good, other than the break in.

Ells--Thanks. I am sure I will be having a few more funny updates in the near

Edited by mamajew

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

i nver heard of the quit claim, but i was looking at this blog and a lady actully "says" she did that but the foreclosure is still on her credit.. someone said it only takes your name off of the deed not the mortgage loan??? i dunno, but either way, i was not even aware.. you know what my intention was back then, guess i didn't research enough

i hate it cuz as far as credit, im wasn't that bad..a few unpaid school loans.. only had 2 credit cards..and then a car i cosigned w/ my sister that she let go back..UGHHH

but i guess those things weigh alot negatively

I have knowledge cause I've been right where you are. And I research the hell out of everything. I promise you you can make it through all this. Just ride it all out. You have to do what you have to do to survive. No shame in that.

Keep in mind there are a lot of people with credit issues. It's still bad; but it's not the death sentence it used to be.

Think about what else I said above. Those are 2 viable options for you to research.

JQ.......that 2nd guy........is that his belly button staring at me. It's giving me the creeps!

Great advice JG research is the key in these issues you are so right.

Q I am so sick of the EX when I was reading your post I kisteet for 5 minutes! SMH The Creator makes a way Sis it will all work out in your favor!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Quick update: Things are going good. Eric and I are learning how to share our personal space. It is very hard for me, but I know it can be done. He got to witness one of my nightmares, I think it scared him. But he was holding me. Loved that. My dog likes him. I think my dog (Tank) is jealous. Every time Eric and I kiss the dog tries to get in the middle.

Found it! Now I can be more specific in my reply. You are not alone in having to learn to share space....our apartment is really too small for two people but we are making it work regardless....it's just somewhat cluttery at times. You'll figure it out even if it's not always easy or fun. That's really sweet that he's here now to help pull you out of nightmares....hubby & I do that for eachother too if we catch it. Now I remember what was so funny about this to me....your jealous dog! Poor Tank, he has to learn to share too! :lol::lol:

Hi Philly!

Thank you for all the DLs! I have some new music to listen to at work now....especially now that school is done!

Now I have to go back & find the ones Sus posted yesterday! :thumbs:

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline
Thanks Mstee....I'm trying to figure out what I'm passionate about that will get me PAID! Drumming, dancing, eating & travelling....hmmmm....what major would fit that & who will pay be the big bucks to do it??? :P

hmm Ells Imma help you figure something out and not too much contact with people right?

Afternoon Yardies,

I hope everyone is doing well. Had a trying week, but all is well. Someone broke in my house yesterday, while Ivan was home. God is good because they didn't take anything and nonone was hurt. But they did come up the stairs, open my bedroom door and when Ivan yelled out...They ran out of the front door. So I'm thankful nothing bad happened, but we are a little shaken. Needless to say, we have to protect our family so we purchased a 45mm yesterday and will be getting an alarm installed on Monday. I can't stress enough to protect yourselves and your family because my subdivision is pretty quiet and we were not exempt from someone breaking in. Luckily, this crime was not random and we have a good idea who did it. But anyway, I will have to explain that later. On a good note, we did apply for Ivan's SS card and we have set a wedding date. We will have a small ceremony in Las Vegas on January 16, 2009 so JaQ we are coming your way. And our formal ceremony will be September 4, 2009. If I don't get a chance to get back on have a wonderful holiday!!!

Charandivan I am so sorry to hear this, I'm so sick of deh bandmind people! You are blessed no one was hurt or nothing was taken. I am with you on packing heat to protect you and yours! Try not to stress and continue to keep your ears to the curb on this one, damn shame Sis!

Glad to hear you are putting things in to play regarding the wedding date :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

In Jamaica news, here's the latest in a series of pure insanity:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead3.html

GCT slapped on raw foods

Published: Friday | December 18, 2009

Persons shopping for ground produce in Coronation Market, or any other market after January 1, 2010, should walk with their calculators because they will have to pay general consumption tax (GCT) on these items.

A ministry paper tabled by Finance Minister Audley Shaw shows that raw foodstuff, including fresh fruit and vegetables, will attract 17.5 per cent GCT.

Yam, banana, onion, garlic, meat and poultry will also attract GCT come New Year's Day.

And there is no beating the taxman by travelling to the country to buy the produce directly from the farmer.

The ministry paper makes it clear that unprocessed agricultural produce, freshwater fish, forestry cultivation and horticulture supplied directly at the farm gate will also attract GCT.

Some of the items to attract GCT come January 1, 2010

1) Raw food stuff as follows:

a) Fresh fruit and vegetables

b ) Ground provisions

c) Legumes

d) Onion and garlic

e) Meat

f) Poultry

g) Fish

2) Cornmeal

3) Corned beef

4) Pickled mackerel, herring, shad and dried salted fish

5) Canned sardines, herring and mackerel

6) Bread, buns, bullas, biscuit and crackers

7) Sugar

8) Salt

9) Eggs

10) Patties

11) Rolled oats

12) Baking flour

13) Cooking oil

14) Syrup

15) Fish, ####### and noodle soups

16) Animal feeds

17) Sanitary towels and tampons

18) Solar water heaters

19) Activities for which an admission is charged by any cultural or other organisation

20) The supply of sewerage disposal services

21) Services rendered by an undertaker in relation to burial or cremation, including the supply of coffin

Some items which will continue to be exempt from GCT

I guess the government is hoping all poor people will starve to death & then they'll only have who's left to tax! :ranting:

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline

Thanks Mstee! I really need help with this....I just can't quite pin it down. And YES, nothing really involved with customer service....dumb people try my patience! :whistle:

Quick update: Things are going good. Eric and I are learning how to share our personal space. It is very hard for me, but I know it can be done. He got to witness one of my nightmares, I think it scared him. But he was holding me. Loved that. My dog likes him. I think my dog (Tank) is jealous. Every time Eric and I kiss the dog tries to get in the middle.

Found it! Now I can be more specific in my reply. You are not alone in having to learn to share space....our apartment is really too small for two people but we are making it work regardless....it's just somewhat cluttery at times. You'll figure it out even if it's not always easy or fun. That's really sweet that he's here now to help pull you out of nightmares....hubby & I do that for eachother too if we catch it. Now I remember what was so funny about this to me....your jealous dog! Poor Tank, he has to learn to share too! :lol::lol:

Hi Philly!

Thank you for all the DLs! I have some new music to listen to at work now....especially now that school is done!

Hey Ells, you are most welcome sweetie Enjoy! I am listening to Mary now I love the song KITCHEN she is speaking the truth on that track! I am so glad to hear you are done with your finals, its such huge stress of yuh shoulders right and now you can breathe easy :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hi Philly!

Speaking of sharing.. When Louis 1st got here I lived in a 1 bedroom! Tierra and I were already sharing the bedroom... then Louis came! Ugh!

I freaked out with the clutter .. but we worked it out and moved into the bigger apartment after a few months.

Louis has a tendency to take off his clothes, fold them, and just leave little piles all over. He never puts anything back in the same place twice!

hmm Ells Imma help you figure something out and not too much contact with people right?

This sounds good Ells... I cant really drum and dance with meaning, but I could try. So when you figure it out I will come work for you. :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.