MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon/Evening Yardies!

Congrats to everyone with recent approvals I may have missed or those with their men coming or just got here to the U.S. or any other progress I've forgotten to address....go yardies!

Congrats Bunz on the interview date....FINALLY!

Congrats Nat on AOS send off

Congrats Heaven & LadyC on your men coming home

Congrats Jawi on AOS send off....how are you feeling with your neck?

Congrats Heart in JA on the approval!

Den's sent you a FB request from Leah (me) & like everyone says, hang in there....it'll come sooner than you realize....enjoy these remaining days on your own...trust me!

Congrats Dillon on the insta-approval!

LOL @ Philly's Tiger Woods joke changing his name to Cheeta!

Congrats Mama @ your man soon come!

Philly, so sorry about your friend going through the hard times. Prayers for her!

Mrs. P, thank you for the adjustment story & glad to see things are going well!

Mrs. P, how do you do competitive tai chi??? That sounds contradictory! LOL I'm glad I kept reading for your explanation....I learned something new today! The history of Tai Chi & NOT to mess with Mrs. P! LOL!

ROFL @ Lawny...you can always mek mi laff!

Belwin, sorry to read about your friend passing so soon....cancer sucks...prayers for his family & friends.

Blessed, sorry about the car accident...what a thing to have happen...hope you feel better soon (glad you are mostly okay too) & that the idiot bad driver will be replacing your vehicle pronto!

My2, hope that foot heals quick quick! Watch those falls mi fren! I feel ya though, almost every time I'm in JA I get jacked up somehow....one time it'll be a horseback accident, another time mosquitoes give me a bad bad infection...always something....I still love that island though!

LadyC, love G's arrival story!

Congrats Char on Ivan's arrival...I bet you had a great weekend! LOL @ the arrival story w/the flamboyant airport guy! The rest of it was great too.

Cat, I soooo feel your pain on rude upstairs neighbors....I absolutely could not do it. Plus the awkward feelings afterwards...that kinda stuff sucks. Living behind the laundromat makes me go occasionally balistic as well...I had to lay into a couple who ignored the business hours sign & started the dryers just on the other side of our bedroom wall 5 minutes before closing at 10 p.m. After I stormed out of the place, they actually stopped the back dryers a few minutes later. I think they knew they had disturbed a beast! One more neighbor who will hate me when they see me next time. I pray that both of us are able to find a better living situation in 2010!

Den's, you will have 1 year from hubby's approval to file for baby (& avoid the full fee) so don't worry too much.

Welcome Mo to the yardie thread!

Awww, that's nice about the shower MsTee!

Irie, I feel mad at your neighbors on your behalf. One of m pet peeves in life is people who are deliberately insensitive to the needs of others. You seem to be taking it well & not planning revenge (such as 2am bangs on the ceiling with a broom), so good for you.

I love your mean side Nat! I'm mad at her neighbors too!

What used to kill me at Andre's house was the party to the right till the morning light and that's just about when the church people started singing on the left. :angry::angry::angry:

Reminds me of the night (morning) we came from Scrub-a-dub & saw the ladies getting into the van for church as we were coming home to go to bed!

Just teach her to cook something so horribly smelly they HAVE to move!

:rofl::rofl: I need some tricks to keep people out of the laundromat too early or too late....maybe some rotten egg perfume dashed in there in the early mornings.

Maybe he just needs to buy her some gasx

Or better than that, some BEANO!

Hubby doesn't think the snow is a big deal LMAO I told him to just wait till you can't get out the door. I have all my tropical and banana plants everywhere in the house he was like you are kidding me right? Ummmmm nope and I have 4 in the ground but I have blankets on them LOL and will be digging them up soon. :star:

:rofl::rofl: You & your plants & critters....gotta love you & your stories!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ells, I added you girly! :thumbs:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am going to take the time to prepare for his arrival! Also, double check all the documents I will need to take with me for the interview.

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Awww...you ladies both made me remember the day my hubby got here. It seems like so long ago...but it has really only been a drop in the bucket. It feels so good.

Char I am in Atlanta too and we did not get any snow...what part of town are you in? A was waiting on it all day because of the weather report...but nothing. I asked him if he didn't get enough of it in Canada...he just thinks it will be different snow in Atlanta I guess. LOL

Hi Yardies...

Always Blessed I'mj so glad you are ok. God is great and he kept you safe.

Friday: Well Garfield came into JFK @ 9:25pm (Air J was actually on time) it took him about 45 min to get out. When I say him I was jumping up & down waving my arms so he cane see me. He gave me a kiss and said see I made it. Well I put on his coat but did not zip it up. When he step outside and felt the NY cold air he FROZE...me and my sister fell out laughing at him. I zipped his coat up and gave him a kiss. The reunion was off the chains......

Saturday: We got up ate breakfast and then went to see my sister, aunt, dad and a few friends all the time it was raining in NY then we headed home around 3:15pm. When the rain changed to SNOW his mouth fell open. I said baby its snowing. He call JA and told his mom he looked like a big kid. We got home after 9pm (after we went to see my daughter at her college, pick up another daughter, went to see my friend and did grocery). We finally went to sleep after midnight and did not wake up until 10:30am.

Sunday: we went to the laundry and then I took him to the mall...when he saw the inside of Arundel Mills Mall he was floored. I have never walked the entie mall but I did today. The man wanted to buy everything but I talked some sense into him. Now we are home and he is cooking us a late dinner.

I sooooooooo LOVE my Hubby (L)

I found you Lady C!!!! Hi I miss you! :)

Hi girlie whats up? I went looking for your Rum Cream on Friday but could not find any...Sorry

Good Morning Everyone! I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and congrats. I wanted to give you guys and update on his arrival so I apologize in advance for being so long-winded....

Airport

Ivan made it in on Friday around 5pm. It took almost a hour and a half for him to emerge out of the terminal so I was starting to get a little worried that he was held up in immigration. But he told me that the plane landed and did not have a gate so they were stuck on the runway for a while. Anyway, my brother and I just waited patiently. Him and my brother had never met, so he kept pointing at every dark-skinned brother asking if that was him. He finally emerged with his white t-shirt on looking so lost and my brother knew immediately it was him. I quickly ran over and we hugged a kissed. The whole experience was surreal because I could not believe my honey was finally here.

We walked over to baggage claim to find that his bags were not there, so we came to the Delta baggage claim counter to see what was up. That was Ivan's first gay male encounter in the US. This guy was flamin' times 10 and Ivan couldn't even look him in his face to answer the questions. In the most feminine voice ever, he was like "Where is your baggage claim ticket?" Then he started humming negro spirituals!! Ivan is looking at my brother like WTH :blink: ! I had to step in and save the day! I answered all of the questions and found out that his bags could be arriving on the belt within the next 45 minutes. After we left out of the office, everyone fell out on the floor laughing because he was way over the top. Meanwhile, he was starving so we decided to grab a bite to eat while waiting. Of course, Ivan was looking perplexed at all of the menus :unsure: . There was Wendys, A chinese restaurant, Domino's pizza and a soul food restaurant. He opted for soul-food and had his first experience with many more to come....After, we ate, laughed and talked. We were finally able to get his bags and walk to the car. Luckily, I had bought a coat, hat and gloves because when he walked outside to the car, he was like :wow: It was about 40 degrees.

Friday Evening

After we left the airport, we went to Atlantic Station. This is an area that has restaurants, shopping, movie theatres, bowling alley etc...We walked around to look at the Christmas decor. Then we went to Fox Sports Grille to have some drinks. After we left there, it was well after 9pm so we had to rush off to get my daughter by 11. I think he was really amazed by all of the buildings and scenery. He would often try to get me to describe what things were like, so I think he was just amazed to finally see it. We then drove home and on the way stopped at the liquor store to get his favorite drink, Appleton Rum.

After we left there, we picked up my daughter from daycare (they had parent's night out from 6-11). When she walked out to the car, she was like, " I thought Ivan was supposed to be coming." Then mid-sentence, she looked up and saw him. She walked up to him, looked up and said, Hi! You are from Jamaica." "My mommy said she is going to take me there." He picked her up, kissed her and that was the sweetest moment. (L) They had never met at this point and only talked on the phone so I couldn't believe they were finally meeting. After that we got home, he had his first encounter with the dog. We were laying on the bed and the dog jumped on his chest and stared him done. He started freaking out, like get him off. The dog finally jumped down. I guess that was their male bonding moment. Although, I don't think Ivan has gotten used to the idea of having da dog in the house.

Saturday

We woke up around nine and was immediately greeted by the kids (my daughter and the dog). Ivan opened the blinds to look outside and It was snowing!!! He was like OMG!! :o I was too...Because we don't get much snow in Atlanta. We then cooked breakfast together. We didn't get a chance to get to the grocery store, so we had to put some things together for breakfast. But, it was so nice to be able to eat as a family. My daughter is a very picky eater, but seems to like everything he has cooked thus far. After we ate, she then harrassed us about putting up the Christmas tree. I told her that we wouldn't put it up to Ivan arrived. And she had not stopped worrying me since he stepped foot in the door. We put on a reggae CD and put up the Christmas tree. Later we went walking through the n'hood in the 32 degree weather. After about 15 minutes, he was ready to bring his rass in the house. We hung around the house for the rest of the afternoon and watched movies. Later, my brother and him got out on the weight bench in the garage, took off their shirts and the testosterone kicked in. They are flexing, comparing back muscles and seeing whose smedium shirt fits the best. My daughter and I were looking like WTH!!

That evening, we packed up in the car to get out. We found a local Jamaican restaurant that is attached to a grocery store. We ended up spending like $35 on a few things, but I was so happy that he has a place close by to get groceries. We later ate at the restaurant and the food was ok. We later took my daughter to Toys R Us. Which Ivan thought was way over the top. He then got his 1st experience at the mall, which was very overwhelming. After we got a couple of sweaters, shoes and visited Sephora to try on all of the colognes. He was ready to roll!! We got home chilled for a minute and decided we were going to hit the club. We had planned to go to Club Intrique where Serani was performing. It was free before 11:30. But we ended up making it there too late and the cover was $25. I was like hell-to-the-no. So we ended up, going to Club 426 next door. When we got there it seemed kind of dead, but Ivan was happy that they sold Magnum Tonic...After about an hour the club was packed and jumping and all you could hear was blop, blop, blop... We had so much fun and it felt so good to hear him day several times that he felt like he was in Ochi. We left about 2:30.

Sunday

We woke up and realized that we were late for church. Ivan made peanut porridge for breakfast and we decided to go the noon church service. Everything was good there and he seemed to enjoy the service. We missed our "Marriage Without Regrets" class so we will have to catch it next Sunday. I'm a little nervous about that because he seems a little hesitant to take the course. Its the typical black male mentality that, "no one can tell us how to be married. " But we will see how that goes. Well I have a meeting coming up so I need to get back to work. Sorry to be so long-winded, but I probably won't get to be on hear as much so I wanted to give everyone an update.

Enjoy your day!!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i can not sleep this is crazy ...

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Aww feel better, I put my pics on FB

thanks im looking know

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

cute pics mstee love your hat/

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Police Shut Down Usain Bolts Super Party In Jamaica

Jamaican Police shut down a benefit dance promoted and emceed by world champion Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt in rural St Ann parish. The thousands of fans who assembled for the event were forced to leave without seeing Vybz Kartel who was scheduled to headline the event. The dance helped to raise funds to build a community center in Bolt's home town.

Deputy commissioner of Police, Glenmore Hinds says the show was halted after it ran two hours past the legal shutoff time. Under Jamaica s Noise Abatement Act, live events should be halted at 2am.

This happens a lot at Priory Beach in St. Ann too...it is a real drag/bummer. I would have KILLED to be at that show though. *sigh* I can't believe it will be 2 years in August since I have been to Jamaica.

I KNOW this feeling first hand trust me...I hate you are going through it...prayers that you sleep well.

awww I missed Jawi and Ells...

Ells recaps the hell out of some posts don't she! :thumbs:

Miss you too Tee...I can't believe how much I have missed...there is no sense trying to go back because then I would miss even more of the recent stuff. I feel like my VJ life is slowly slipping away...*sigh* I don't get to come on at work...and there is no rest for the weary at home. I was able to get on tonight because hubby went to bed early...but I'm about to call it a night too.

Much love to my ladies of VJ...***mmmuuuaaahhh***

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Jamaican Police shut down a benefit dance promoted and emceed by world champion Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt in rural St Ann parish. The thousands of fans who assembled for the event were forced to leave without seeing Vybz Kartel who was scheduled to headline the event. The dance helped to raise funds to build a community center in Bolt's home town.

Deputy commissioner of Police, Glenmore Hinds says the show was halted after it ran two hours past the legal shutoff time. Under Jamaica s Noise Abatement Act, live events should be halted at 2am.

This happens a lot at Priory Beach in St. Ann too...it is a real drag/bummer. I would have KILLED to be at that show though. *sigh* I can't believe it will be 2 years in August since I have been to Jamaica.

I KNOW this feeling first hand trust me...I hate you are going through it...prayers that you sleep well.

Miss you too Tee...I can't believe how much I have missed...there is no sense trying to go back because then I would miss even more of the recent stuff. I feel like my VJ life is slowly slipping away...*sigh* I don't get to come on at work...and there is no rest for the weary at home. I was able to get on tonight because hubby went to bed early...but I'm about to call it a night too.

thanks jawi and much love too you also ...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
cute pics mstee love your hat/

That was crazy! lol thank you

thanks jawi and much love too you also ...

its okay jawi, you may not be here on this site, but you are always in our hearts! (L)

Timeline

SCAMS are now moving to vj ,...got this in a pm

Group: Closed

Email: georgephilip43@yahoo.com

Greetings,

I Hope all is well with you, this message might come to you as a surprise because we never meet or communicate with each other before, please let this message never come to you as a surprise since I am contacting you for goods and in good faith. My name is Mr. George Philip from Ivory Coast West Africa; I was searching for a very reliable Person, who will assist me in my investment plans over there in your base,

I am very pleased to come across your contact details and I will use this opportunity to request for your assistance in my investment plans in your area, I have some reasonable amount worth US$ M6.8 which I inherited from my late father who was a traditional ruler and an international business man before his death, now I am ready and wanted to relocate out of this country and come over there to your area so that I will secure a business opportunity. I wish to invest in Agricultural Project and Real Estate in your base because we do not have fair investment opportunities here in our country because of frequent political crisis. plz your assistance is needed to enable me achieve my goals.

Your urgent response is needed so that I will give you full details.

Contact me via email

georgephilip43@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Fait hfully Yours

George Philip

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

That's funny, My2. I hope no one falls for it.

We've been playing Rock Band 2 for the past couple of hours. That game is SO FUN. If we had another person or two, it would be even better.

MsTee, off to look at the pics...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.