MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Also best wishes to MoAcory on their interview today!!!! :dance::dance:

MoAcory emailed me while she was waiting to board the plane for JA, I told her to make sure she let us know if she got approved or not. Didn't hear from Spanglas...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
JG... really uneventful weekend. I did go out Friday night with my best friend and sis-in-law...

We have a club here on fridays they play all 80's music. Its fun.

I am trying to decide what to do on Christmas day. I was thinking maybe it would be fun to go to the movies. It will be me, Louis, Tierra and my mom.

What do you all do on Christmas day?

I stay home. Since I have four little ones. Well two are not so little any more but since I have children I stay at home and let family members come visit me.

Growing up we used to meet at my aunts for Xmas. My mother’s side used to fight over being with my grandma so to keep the peace we all would meet over there. Man I miss Gram. Every since she passed its like the family never gets together that much anymore. We used to see each other at least three times a year but now we're lucky if we see each other once. Its funny my one aunt has a husband that everyone hates but to see gram people would come. Now they barely show their faces. Gram loved to play Bingo and you know it s hard to get a manly man to play. Well when Gram said who is all playing all the guys would grab a board like I am. I would crack up like go gram now Now bingo just sits it the box and they mumble I’m not playing no Bingo…

Hey how did the singing and coco go? That must have been a girls scout thing because my friend was telling me her daughter was doing the same thing on Sat.

Bingo with the fam sounds fun. I sometimes wish I had a larger family. Sorry no one wants to do it anymore.. what a bunch of party poopers!

Well I never got the darn cocoa!! DD was CLOSED!! I had tried calling them all day and now I know why they didnt answer! LOL

The girls did caroling at the Nursing home and then had cookies. They were happy with that.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG... really uneventful weekend. I did go out Friday night with my best friend and sis-in-law...

I am trying to decide what to do on Christmas day. I was thinking maybe it would be fun to go to the movies. It will be me, Louis, Tierra and my mom.

If I stay in town, we are going to my mom's and then I think we are all going to see "Sherlock Holmes" with Robert Downey, Jr.

If I go out of town, I am going to my mom's and then we are driving to Indianapolis in the afternoon for the weekend.

Not sure yet.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
We stay at home. I am usually the first one up trying to make the kids get up and open their gifts lol. I take pics usually, but now that they are older I just give them money. We usually play games, I watch football and cook dinner, make drinks. Sometimes my sister and her kids come by, things like that. Nothing spectacular.

My mom is spending the night. Last year Tierra was up at 4am! Louis has to work 6pm Christmas eve to 3am so I will be up to go get him. Maybe Tierra will sleep in a little. I will get up and make coffee and monkey bread. My mom and I are going to put a nice snack buffett together. Cheese, bread, olives.. wine.. that kind of thing. We will have a nice dinner the night before over at my aunt's house.

Games sound fun, I am thinking about going to the movies. Or maybe we could go ice skating. If it snows we can go sledding.. Tierra would LOVE that!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
JG we have decorated for Christmas and the place is looking really cute. Did you decorate...your first Christams in your new house...that is reason to celebrate!

Yeah, we did.

I put up my Christmas tree and a few minor decorations in the house.

Outside we have up lights, icicle lights, 2 white trees with red lights, big green balls, garland, and bows. Looks really cute in the daylight. Notice I said DAYLIGHT. We blew out the GFI out back, so it doesn't actually light up at night yet.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I love Jamey Johnson JG. I would have loved to be there with ya

He is really a bad #### country boy. You would've loved him. And, Randy Johnson is like mini-me. They fit so well. If you EVER get the chance to see him, go see him. Good times!

hey everyone~! Hope all is well.

So I found out a couple of weeks ago that I've not gotten pregnant because I have endometrial polyps. So I'm having a D&C on the 29th. Today they did a biopsy of my uterus......................... Jesus take the wheel it was so painful.... I mean my uterus was cramping and I was crying and sweating and trembling.

So ladies if you've had one of these and had a child, is the pain similiar. Cause I don't think I'm ready. :o:crying: I'm still having cramps hours later.

Wakey

I used to have endometriosis and YES its VERY painful. I had to end up having a hysterectomy... sorry I couldn't give you better news

Same here.

Hope you feel better, Wakey! Lots of rest, and a heating pad helps -

What an afternoon I had - went to the dr. today cause I have a sinus infection - while I was sitting there, she sent the prescription over the computer to the pharmacy - I was going to leave work and called to make sure it was ready, but they didn't have it. So I called back to the dr.'s office - No lie, I spent 45 MINUTES on hold! It took 25 for someone to pick up - then the dumb byatch kept picking up again and asking me why I was calling - IDIOT! Finally I got through to someone who tells me she sees the script in the computer - I asked her to call the pharmacy cause they didn't have it. She snottily agreed. So I leave work, go to the pharmacy - stand in line for 25 minutes only to have them tell me they don't have it - Insisted that the dr. not only emailed it she called - they finally listen to the vm - oh, shocker - there it is! Then I had to wait another 45 minutes for them to get it ready! I need a drink - which of course, I can't have with the antibiotics!

Oh.....doctor's and pharmacies...... :angry::angry::angry:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Wow....I cyant believe there are so many in here tonight!!! Normally I am in here alone....it is usually a little later though! Just finished my Final in Ethic's and Communications.....I hope they all go as well.....

What yall doin??? :blush:

A friend of mine BS'd his way through a cultural studies paper in which he was SUPPOSED to go to a local event and then had to do a paper on Ethics. I laughed so hard when he told me. Ironic, no?????

I am so doing the happy dance right now.............Just made New Year's Eve Party plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my absolute favorite day of the whole year next to my birthday. No one calls me on New year's day because I will be out cold and barely waking from a hang over. :thumbs:

What do you do? We are going to the Hyatt party downtown.

To borrow a phrase from a fellow VJer I "drop it like the rent is due." I party no matter what.

Hi Shaunsgal!

I'm with you on that, I will drop it in a minute! :thumbs: I love dancing and some good music!!!

She's not going to tell me what she is doing so I can't go stalk her. Live in the same damn city and never see her.............pffftttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

MoAcory emailed me while she was waiting to board the plane for JA, I told her to make sure she let us know if she got approved or not. Didn't hear from Spanglas...

That's great sending her positive vibes for her interview

Bingo with the fam sounds fun. I sometimes wish I had a larger family. Sorry no one wants to do it anymore.. what a bunch of party poopers!

Well I never got the darn cocoa!! DD was CLOSED!! I had tried calling them all day and now I know why they didnt answer! LOL

The girls did caroling at the Nursing home and then had cookies. They were happy with that.

I feel the same way as you Irie I have an extremely small family here everyone else is abroad or deceases so the family time is really only me the Hubby the kids and my Mother and Step Dad :( and they don't really speak to each other so its hard to plan family gatherings :(

Thats a shame about the cocoa, but the caroling at the nursing home sounds like a winner! :thumbs:

If I stay in town, we are going to my mom's and then I think we are all going to see "Sherlock Holmes" with Robert Downey, Jr.

If I go out of town, I am going to my mom's and then we are driving to Indianapolis in the afternoon for the weekend.

Not sure yet.

JG that movie looks like it's gonna be so much fun, I love Robert Downy Jr. Its great he cleaned him self up and his career is back on track!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Oh.....doctor's and pharmacies...... :angry::angry::angry:

I love my doctor - just can't stand her office staff - I sent a blasting email to her this am - Usually, I don't have issues - she is great with email, and when I need her I send her an email and avoid the staff altogether -

Wow....I cyant believe there are so many in here tonight!!! Normally I am in here alone....it is usually a little later though! Just finished my Final in Ethic's and Communications.....I hope they all go as well.....

What yall doin??? :blush:

A friend of mine BS'd his way through a cultural studies paper in which he was SUPPOSED to go to a local event and then had to do a paper on Ethics. I laughed so hard when he told me. Ironic, no?????

I can top that - I took an ethics class, and totally blew it off (in my young and dumb college days) - went to class for about 2 weeks then nothing - never took a test, wrote a paper, nada - End of the semester, I got a B+!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Christmas we start on Christmas Eve with my second cousins (favorite side of the family, cause they are all a bunch of misfits, lol) - They all come to my house for dinner / gifts - we usually have around 30 - 40 people -

Christmas morning my Mom, brother and I do our gifts - Then my sister and the zoo arrive, we all have breakfast, then open stockings and gifts with Bloody Marys - at some point in the afternoon we head to my aunt's house, usually around the time of sunset - her house is on the water and overlooks LI sound, and it is beautiful to watch the sunset over the NY skyline. Then we end up back at my sister's house for dinner.

The next day (my bday) another cousin is having an open house - At some point in there my mother is bugging me about having a birthday party -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

did the screen capture work?

yes it did

lmao

Justucia this is so funny and cute!

Toward the middle of the frame, you are a realist.

With 4 legs showing, you are secure, stubborn, and stick to your ideals.

The size of the ears indicates how good a listener you are. You are a good listener.

The length of the tail indicates the quality of your sex life. You have a good sex life.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG we have decorated for Christmas and the place is looking really cute. Did you decorate...your first Christams in your new house...that is reason to celebrate!

Yeah, we did.

Outside we have up lights, icicle lights, 2 white trees with red lights, big green balls, garland, and bows. Looks really cute in the daylight. Notice I said DAYLIGHT. We blew out the GFI out back, so it doesn't actually light up at night yet.

:lol: that would of been us if we didn't go with the LED lights...they take up less current. Hubby had to have the best house on the block and OMG it is blinding....looks cool though

Timeline
Christmas we start on Christmas Eve with my second cousins (favorite side of the family, cause they are all a bunch of misfits, lol) - They all come to my house for dinner / gifts - we usually have around 30 - 40 people -

Christmas morning my Mom, brother and I do our gifts - Then my sister and the zoo arrive, we all have breakfast, then open stockings and gifts with Bloody Marys - at some point in the afternoon we head to my aunt's house, usually around the time of sunset - her house is on the water and overlooks LI sound, and it is beautiful to watch the sunset over the NY skyline. Then we end up back at my sister's house for dinner.

The next day (my bday) another cousin is having an open house - At some point in there my mother is bugging me about having a birthday party -

That sounds like a great few days... misfits, "the zoo", gifts and booze... LOL! I would love all that. I guess I will have to wait for a Christmas in SLU and have ALL the inlaws over for a pARTAY! :)

You know I have NEVER had a Bloody Mary!? I told someone that the other day and he just could not beleive me...

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

That's great sending her positive vibes for her interview

I feel the same way as you Irie I have an extremely small family here everyone else is abroad or deceases so the family time is really only me the Hubby the kids and my Mother and Step Dad :( and they don't really speak to each other so its hard to plan family gatherings :(

Thats a shame about the cocoa, but the caroling at the nursing home sounds like a winner! :thumbs:

Not sure yet.

JG that movie looks like it's gonna be so much fun, I love Robert Downy Jr. Its great he cleaned him self up and his career is back on track!

I really didn't like him till Iron Man. Now, I'm a huge fan. And, yeah, I think it looks like a great movie. My aunt got me into reading all the Sherlock Holmes books as I was growing up. So, I'm kind of excited to see the movie.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Yeah, we did.

:lol: that would of been us if we didn't go with the LED lights...they take up less current. Hubby had to have the best house on the block and OMG it is blinding....looks cool though

Lets see some pictures... I think for 2010 you need to join FB! :)

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.