NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Welcome to all the newer December filers.

We just got our RFE in the mail and it requests a full medical :( I was hoping it would only want those three sections filled out. Since I have an infopass appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7:30am, I'll ask about it. On the bright side, there's a civil surgeon only a mile or so away who will do the full medical for $125. That's WAAAY better than this other civil surgeon who wanted $250 just to fill out the vaccination part.

Bummer NatPatBen, As you know from another forum we had the same issue. In our infopass meeting the adjudicator told us to just send in another copy of the I-693 shot record and a note explaining that K1's dont have to do another full medical. We were nervous and we are really wanting the EAD fast because Roberto needs to work soon so we went to get another full medical. I think $125 sounds like a great price. I called all over the state and found two that did it for 125 but they were busy the day we needed to get it done. I do think it is crazy that so so so many people have gotten that RFE for the past two months. We never go a clear answer by calling the USCIS and the adjudicator at the Infopass meeting said it's so common for immigration to lose the medical. how strange. They should let us carry it then or at least a second copy of it to put in the AOS package.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just received my biometrics appointment. :)

Im kinda worried :unsure: that there has been a few RFE especially to do with I-693. Keeping my fingers crossed not to get one.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bummer NatPatBen, As you know from another forum we had the same issue. In our infopass meeting the adjudicator told us to just send in another copy of the I-693 shot record and a note explaining that K1's dont have to do another full medical. We were nervous and we are really wanting the EAD fast because Roberto needs to work soon so we went to get another full medical. I think $125 sounds like a great price. I called all over the state and found two that did it for 125 but they were busy the day we needed to get it done. I do think it is crazy that so so so many people have gotten that RFE for the past two months. We never go a clear answer by calling the USCIS and the adjudicator at the Infopass meeting said it's so common for immigration to lose the medical. how strange. They should let us carry it then or at least a second copy of it to put in the AOS package.

Since you did that, have you received notice that they resumed processing on your case? If so, we'll do the same.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Since you did that, have you received notice that they resumed processing on your case? If so, we'll do the same.

No, not yet. We sent the medical in with the letter on Thursday and it hasn't been touched yet. My fingers and toes are crossed that it worked. I read through forums from early 09 and 08 that had the same RFE and some just sent back in parts of the I-693 that had the vaccines and others send in a whole new medical and they are all approved by now. Since I am leaving today to go to Costa Rica for three weeks and Roberto is staying here I wanted to make sure it was handled as completely as possible before I left the country. I'd hate for him to get another RFE while I'm gone. I really never imagined getting one in the first place but it is so common at this stage.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

I got an RFE dated Dec. 31 :(

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline

We had an Infopass appointment this AM @ 7:30 (the earliest time possible). I'm so glad I learned from last time to schedule it early. We only waited a few minutes today, compared to almost 2 hrs last time I went during lunchtime.

I had three goals:

1) Verify that biometrics was applied to AOS & EAD cases.

2) Ask about the RFE requiring full medical when he shouldn't have to re-have that.

3) Ask for a copy of the DS-3025 in our file.

1) She was able to look at our case and let me know that the biometrics was applied to both on the same day we had it.

2) She said we shouldn't have to have the full, but sometimes the DS-3025 gets lost between the embassy, POE, and USCIS. She suggested sending in only the vaccination section & a note saying he doesn't need to have the full one. But if they don't have the previous medical results, they may issue another RFE for him to do the full again.

3) She couldn't see what was in our file to be able to say whether the DS-3025 was there or not.

------

Based on that, and on the fact that there is a CS on my way from home to work who does the full medical for $125 (vaccination transcription for $100), we'll just get the full.

I did email the place where my husband had his medical in Montego Bay asking them to respond with just the 2 vaccinations he got there, as those aren't reflected on his vaccination card. Once we get this, he'll schedule a CS appointment.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

I just received two separate text messages with two different receipt numbers. The format is MSC xxxxxxxxxx for both. Is there a way to start tracking this on the USCIS website? Thanks.

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

Timeline
Hi,

I just received two separate text messages with two different receipt numbers. The format is MSC xxxxxxxxxx for both. Is there a way to start tracking this on the USCIS website? Thanks.

When I got the text messages, the cases didn't appear online until the next day.

You can go here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

You can either register so it already has all of your cases (easier for repeated checks), or you can check them individually by entering some info.

November 19, 2007 - Met

I am trying to short circuit the medical RFE, I paper clipped a "Dear adjudicator" letter explaining the K1 medical completed and such to the vaccine transcription from the CS...I am starting to wonder if it isn't about the vaccinations at all but something else as it seems people from all sides are having RFEs lately. I don't want to speculate/start rumors, but I'm starting to agree with other posters in their suspicions of TB requirements (updates in Oct 2009).

We haven't been home for a long time. Hope we get home to a biometrics letter, and not an RFE -- On the bright side, they seem to be getting to the files pretty fast!! wow!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1) Verify that biometrics was applied to AOS & EAD cases.

Just got my biometrics appointment letter today. It is noted in the letter that the biometrics appointment was for AOS & EAD.

Heather, what's that TB issue?

Edited by loveaboo

Just got my biometrics appointment letter today. It is noted in the letter that the biometrics appointment was for AOS & EAD.

Heather, what's that TB issue?

Well, like I said, it's just speculation, but I don't think skin tests are required for the visa, but USCIS may have started interpreting them as required for AOS. I had thought it didn't make sense, because x-ray is a step up the ladder when you have a positive skin test, but it turns out that Xray only catches active TB, but not latent TB which also should be tracked in case it becomes active...But it could be something different entirely. It's hard to figure out what's different in all the cases to pinpoint why some people get medicals RFEed.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Well, like I said, it's just speculation, but I don't think skin tests are required for the visa, but USCIS may have started interpreting them as required for AOS. I had thought it didn't make sense, because x-ray is a step up the ladder when you have a positive skin test, but it turns out that Xray only catches active TB, but not latent TB which also should be tracked in case it becomes active...But it could be something different entirely. It's hard to figure out what's different in all the cases to pinpoint why some people get medicals RFEed.

Skin tests are tricky, though, because there is at least one TB vaccine that will often make a skin test turn up as a false positive. Our doctor told us that's why they prefer the x-ray.

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Heather for clarification.

I really hope it's just a speculation. My X-ray result from the K-1 process was included in my I-693 transcription for additional $10. I thought that was not necessary but since the clinic demanded for it, I just obliged.

Anyways, I know there were many November filers who got an RFE due to I-693, I hope this won't be the case for us, December filers. Goodluck to us!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Finally received my biometrics letter today and I'm supposed to go get it done January 14th at 3pm. However, I'm going to try doing a walk in. Anyone know if they do walk ins at the Jamaica Avenue office in Queens, NY?

im not sure if the do walk-ins but ill tell u what that place is never busy so when u go u should be in there for 30 min max...good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

all the forms that i filled out for AOS i put my wifes original last name i lready changed her when we got our marriage certificate...when i get the green card is her original name going to be on it or her new last name???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.