NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm not sure why that would be bad at all, really...This process can make a person paranoid, can't it!

Anyway, Just last week I was amazed at the incompetence of it all, and now I'm amazed at the speed - I'm going to have to keep TIMES in my timeline....

11am: Nik completes walk in biometrics.

1:45pm: Case status email - EAD (and AP) are now in document production phase. (WOWZER!!)

Congrats! Hopefully this is the start of the approval of the applications of December filers!!! :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well we are two weeks past biometrics...and nothing happening yet. :crying: Hopefully we hear something this week. Hope you do as well.

We're over a month past biometrics & nothing...

I'm not sure why that would be bad at all, really...This process can make a person paranoid, can't it!

Anyway, Just last week I was amazed at the incompetence of it all, and now I'm amazed at the speed - I'm going to have to keep TIMES in my timeline....

11am: Nik completes walk in biometrics.

1:45pm: Case status email - EAD (and AP) are now in document production phase. (WOWZER!!)

That's great!

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Guys!

My wife went today as a walk in and got her Biometrics done.... hopefully soon we'll hear something... still our case is not online... we talked to an officer last week (over the USCIS phone number), and she said it would take about 72 hrs... which was Sunday... so I'll give it another week or so before we call nagging again!.... good luck to everyone!!!

Regards,......

TEMP

Timeline

Hey guys!

God is so good! We just got an e-mail update (1/25) that AP approval was sent (1/22/10)....and....EAD was approved on same day (card production ordered).

Lord knows we need the additional income! :thumbs::dance:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
Hey guys!

God is so good! We just got an e-mail update (1/25) that AP approval was sent (1/22/10)....and....EAD was approved on same day (card production ordered).

Congrats! :star:

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Hey guys!

Congrats! :dance::dance::dance:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Hey guys!

Congrats! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Congrats! :dance:

Just curious if any of the December filers are having problems with RFE for medical even having submitted the supplemental vaccine form? I saw that a lot of November filers had this problem and am curious to see if they have resolved the issue of requesting a full medical again for K1 visa holders. Thanks!

event.png

Just curious if any of the December filers are having problems with RFE for medical even having submitted the supplemental vaccine form? I saw that a lot of November filers had this problem and am curious to see if they have resolved the issue of requesting a full medical again for K1 visa holders. Thanks!

We got an RFE for the I-693, we responded with the vacc portion signed by a civil surgeon as we initially only sent in the DS-3025. That was the end of December. We still haven't heard anything...no updates...nothing. :blush:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline
Hey guys!

Great news!

I feel you on the additional income.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We got the RFE for the medical exam even though we submitted the I693 with vaccination portion completed by a civil surgeon. We decided just to do the full medical exam again. We went today for my husband to do the TB skin test and after we get those results then the civil surgeon will make us an appt. The TB test was $17.00 and the civil surgeon fee is $150.00 which I'm glad about because others I called were much more. Not to mention we have to drive over an hour away since there weren't any close in our area. It's all frustrating since he's had it all done before and it's not clear to exactly what's wrong. :wacko:

Edited by JLP9576

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

I think that many people are getting the RFE because they only send in the DS3025, and don't do the CS transcription. One filer has gotten the RFE for the vaccination portion specifically - not the whole medical. We got a bogus RFE, and now that it's corrected we seem to be going along smoothly with ONLY the vaccination portion of the I693 sent in.

There is another change around that time frame which might be responsible: In the winter, flu vaccinations become required. - This is a change from the TB suspicions because again, we seem to be going along fine now without that.

I would recommend that if you get an RFE, you should first have one of your senators or your congressperson initiate a congressional inquiry. It's free, and it works for some situations. AND it elevates the issue. I was really surprised to hear that the immigration helper at one senator's office had NO CLUE about these issues. Probably because no one calls to tell them!!!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think that many people are getting the RFE because they only send in the DS3025, and don't do the CS transcription. One filer has gotten the RFE for the vaccination portion specifically - not the whole medical. We got a bogus RFE, and now that it's corrected we seem to be going along smoothly with ONLY the vaccination portion of the I693 sent in.

There is another change around that time frame which might be responsible: In the winter, flu vaccinations become required. - This is a change from the TB suspicions because again, we seem to be going along fine now without that.

I would recommend that if you get an RFE, you should first have one of your senators or your congressperson initiate a congressional inquiry. It's free, and it works for some situations. AND it elevates the issue. I was really surprised to hear that the immigration helper at one senator's office had NO CLUE about these issues. Probably because no one calls to tell them!!!

Thanks for all of the replies. We sent in bot the DS3025 and the I693 as well as a document from the health department showing that he had a TB test which came back clear. I also wrote a letter and attached the K1 section of the AOS instructions showing that he does not need a full medical. Hopefully that will take care of things. Was your bogus RFE for a full medical? I checked on the flu shot requirements. He is not in the age group although he did have the vaccination prior to coming to the US. However, I think the CS just marked not age appropriate on our form even though he has had it. Hopefully we will not need to contact our senator or congressperson, but if we do, I might ask for your advice about how to do it. At this point I am just wondering what to expect and hoping for the best! Thanks for your advice.

event.png

Thanks for all of the replies. We sent in bot the DS3025 and the I693 as well as a document from the health department showing that he had a TB test which came back clear. I also wrote a letter and attached the K1 section of the AOS instructions showing that he does not need a full medical. Hopefully that will take care of things. Was your bogus RFE for a full medical? I checked on the flu shot requirements. He is not in the age group although he did have the vaccination prior to coming to the US. However, I think the CS just marked not age appropriate on our form even though he has had it. Hopefully we will not need to contact our senator or congressperson, but if we do, I might ask for your advice about how to do it. At this point I am just wondering what to expect and hoping for the best! Thanks for your advice.

Wow you sound like you did even more than us up front. I also attached a "dear adjudicator" letter to the I693 vaccination stuff just as a reminder that this was for a K-1 and that a full medical was not required because the visa medical could be found in the existing A file.

We got back this nonsensical RFE about our medical being there, but out of date (it absolutely was not!). A very sharp lady from our congressman's office emailed the congressional contact at the national benefits center (that's MSC) and got it all cleared up.

I found it quite easy to get the congressional inquiry kicked off. Just call the different local offices for your three reps, ask to talk to the person who works with immigration cases, and tell them what's up. If you feel comfortable with how well they understand/how helpful they are, you go on to the next step (probably should only do with one) which is to fill out their privacy forms and request in writing that they look into it. They gave us the option of fax, mail, hand carry etc. We finished up with emails. Really, the hardest part was just calling all of them - once I got to the staff lady who helped us, it was easy breezy.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.