NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Well, we got the RFE. It's for section 1, 2, 5. It seems to be only about the vaccination record. The weird thing was that it was three pages long. Did you guys who already had an RFE get three pages as well? They all basically say the same thing-all talking about the medical.

It's for the I-864, but also says that the I-765 (if submitted) will be processed within 90 days upon receiving the returned RFE.

Wasn't sure if you guys had the same thing. I knew it was coming, but I'm still annoyed. Oh well.

Our RFE mentioned the i-485 and the i-765, too.. it asked for a completed i-693 also... but it was only one yellow page. Do all 3 of your pages say the same thing?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

I don't see any "TOUCHES" on my USCIS portfolio at all. The last update was on 12/28/2009. Just wondering

whether I would still get e-mail alerts if there were new updates on my case?

Our case updated and we got an email notice when we were RFE'd, but not for biometrics. We got an update the next day after our biometrics appt.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

To be more specific-Page one says the I-693 was incomplete. Part 2, Section 5 on either Page 3 or Page 4 is blank or missing. I failed to submit proper documenatation of immunization for the form I-485 applicant. It goes on to say that I must complete a I-693 with a civil surgeon and that a properly completed vacintion record includes Part I, Part 2, Item 5, and Part 5, Civil Surgeon's signature.

Page 2 says that I-693 is incomplete. Page 1, part 1 is blank or missing or not signed and that I need to complete form I-693.

Page 3 says that the form I-693 is incomplete. Part 5 on the last page is blank, missing, or not signed. The vaccination record must be completed by a civil surgeon.

It seems kind of redundant....

Actually the page 1 is understandable, that's the whole trans. of vacc, but your page two that references Page 1 part 1, is something wrong with your I-693 you submitted in the "about me" section. Page 3, the part 5 sounds like the civil surgeon didn't sign the original I-693. I could be understanding it wrong. I say they are having issues with three things on your I-693, your vacc portion, your about me section, and the civil surgeon section. If it were just the I-693 vacc section, you should have only gotten the one yellow letter. My 2 cents worth.... :whistle::blush:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jawi & Snowbunnies, I see that both of your RFEs were also received last week, per the tracking. Ours was received on Tuesday.

I'm curious to see how long it takes for them to send the text/email/letters, and update the case status online. I was thinking by the end of the week (3-4 days), but still no confirmation from USCIS that they've received the RFE and will resume processing.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Actually the page 1 is understandable, that's the whole trans. of vacc, but your page two that references Page 1 part 1, is something wrong with your I-693 you submitted in the "about me" section. Page 3, the part 5 sounds like the civil surgeon didn't sign the original I-693. I could be understanding it wrong. I say they are having issues with three things on your I-693, your vacc portion, your about me section, and the civil surgeon section. If it were just the I-693 vacc section, you should have only gotten the one yellow letter. My 2 cents worth.... :whistle::blush:

Well,I didn't send in the I-693, so that makes sense. I was hoping to get away with it, but oh well.

event.png

Well,I didn't send in the I-693, so that makes sense. I was hoping to get away with it, but oh well.

It would be nice if they'd actually give the benificary a copy of the medical so you have it for a backup. At least if you get an RFE for something wrong you could look at it and see what the problem is. Considering you pay for the damn thing a person should be able to get a copy of it. Our RFE asked for the entire medical, after many phone calls I actually got to speak to an immigration officer who figures..."we probably don't have it...just got get another one". Good luck with everything.

event.png

Timeline
It would be nice if they'd actually give the benificary a copy of the medical so you have it for a backup. At least if you get an RFE for something wrong you could look at it and see what the problem is. Considering you pay for the damn thing a person should be able to get a copy of it. Our RFE asked for the entire medical, after many phone calls I actually got to speak to an immigration officer who figures..."we probably don't have it...just got get another one". Good luck with everything.

When we went to the Civil Surgeon, she told us that they are given instructions not to give out copies of that. She felt it didn't make sense, but the government tends to be secretive about that sort of thing.

So I brainstormed: Why would they NOT want people to get a copy of their medical results? And I came up with a likely reason: If a person doesn't "pass" the medical exam, and know that they don't, they may not use the sealed copy given to them. Instead, they might take the necessary actions (whether waiting, bribery, whatever) so that they can retake the medical and pass it.

That's the only reason I can think of for not wanting people to have a copy of their own medical results.

November 19, 2007 - Met

When we went to the Civil Surgeon, she told us that they are given instructions not to give out copies of that. She felt it didn't make sense, but the government tends to be secretive about that sort of thing.

So I brainstormed: Why would they NOT want people to get a copy of their medical results? And I came up with a likely reason: If a person doesn't "pass" the medical exam, and know that they don't, they may not use the sealed copy given to them. Instead, they might take the necessary actions (whether waiting, bribery, whatever) so that they can retake the medical and pass it.

That's the only reason I can think of for not wanting people to have a copy of their own medical results.

Kinda ticks a person off though cause you pay for it, and can't have a copy of it. It would make it easier when the RFE a person for it.

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually got a copy of my medical results from my civil surgeon here in NYC. I thought that most doctors did...?

Applied for VAWA (incomplete package) April 6th, 2010

VAWA application received April 7th, 2010

NOA1 received April 16, 2010 (dated April 9th, 2010)

Prima Facie received April 21, 2010 (dated April 12th, 2010)

Sent out complete I-360 case including I-485 June 14th, 2010

Received email stating will receive a response within 60 days (probably either RFE or approval/denial) June 18th, 2010

I-360 touched June 19th, 2010

I-360 touched June 21st, 2010

I-360 touched June 23rd, 2010

Submitted I-765 July 2nd, 2010

I-765 touched July 8th, 2010

I-765 touched July 10th, 2010

I-765 DENIED (sooo pissed!) Aug 2nd, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 12th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 27th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 30th, 2010

I-360 APPROVED!!! Sept 7th, 2010

Received approval email Sept 8th, 2010

I-360 touched Sept 11th, 2010

1-360 touched and received EAD approval Sept 13th, 2010 (USCIS made an error with my I-485/I-765 previously)

Our RFE mentioned the i-485 and the i-765, too.. it asked for a completed i-693 also... but it was only one yellow page. Do all 3 of your pages say the same thing?

We are in the same boat, it mention both the I-485 & I-765. Just got the RFE in the mail this Friday.... no updates on USCIS site yet for the RFE...

I did use Dr. Arnold, before he retired, but looking @ the I-693 form we got from them, the one form that we signed and sent to them to fill out, is different from the other pages they gave us, as in older version.. plus, her medical was done 12/19/08 and USCIS stamped out papers 12/24/09 as the processing date, so that could probably also be a problem with the I-693 needing to be done over again, even though we got it filled out before her 1/yr medical expired(had it transcribed in Nov).

Oh well, had talked to a couple CS here before settling in on Dr. Arnold, will just get the whole thing done again and not worry about it.

Good luck to everyone else with/without RFEs....

Ingats

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I know it would be nice if we had a copy of the thing. Oh well, I guess. NatPatBen has a good point, though.

At this point, I think we're going to go to a clinic and see what shots he's had and what he needs. I'm pretty sure he got all of them in Dakar, but the doctor-or his assistant-in Dakar won't answer the phone and he has no vaccination record. So, it looks like he'll need to be tested to see what he's had and what he needs. We'll get the necessary shots there and then go to the CS. Is that allowed? To go somewhere cheaper for the vaccinations, then get them transcribed by the CS? The nearest CS (45 miles away) charges $350 for the medical. I found a CS two hours away that will do it for $175.

Hope everyone is having a good three day weekend!

event.png

I know it would be nice if we had a copy of the thing. Oh well, I guess. NatPatBen has a good point, though.

At this point, I think we're going to go to a clinic and see what shots he's had and what he needs. I'm pretty sure he got all of them in Dakar, but the doctor-or his assistant-in Dakar won't answer the phone and he has no vaccination record. So, it looks like he'll need to be tested to see what he's had and what he needs. We'll get the necessary shots there and then go to the CS. Is that allowed? To go somewhere cheaper for the vaccinations, then get them transcribed by the CS? The nearest CS (45 miles away) charges $350 for the medical. I found a CS two hours away that will do it for $175.

Hope everyone is having a good three day weekend!

I went to my family doctor and had the titers test done to see what vacc. I needed. Then he gave me the shots for what I needed. I just took the slips from his office, and from the titers test with me. My CS accepted them. I managed to lose the one for mumps and it actually costs alot less to have the shot again then it was to run the tests. He said it wouldn't hurt me to have it again as they weeken over time anyways. So I opted to have it again. $21. for the shot verses $200 for the titer test to show I had it already. You might want to check into that. Oh and we had a wonderful weekend! LOL

event.png

Timeline

Not that I'm upset about it, because on VJ we all learn from each other, but I bet the January/February filers are learning from all these RFEs the November/December filers got. Watch no one in January get an RFE & their paperwork gets processed before ours. :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So what is it exactly that people are getting an RFE for concerning medicals? I sent in the I-693 also that was transcribed by Dr. Arnold along with the DS-3025 and record of vaccinations that he had to have done here that weren't available in Nigeria. Should I expect an RFE? It looks like some are getting the RFE for the medical but are not sure why. Can someone please enlighten me on this so I can prepare in case we do get an RFE?

Thanks!!

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

Timeline
So what is it exactly that people are getting an RFE for concerning medicals? I sent in the I-693 also that was transcribed by Dr. Arnold along with the DS-3025 and record of vaccinations that he had to have done here that weren't available in Nigeria. Should I expect an RFE? It looks like some are getting the RFE for the medical but are not sure why. Can someone please enlighten me on this so I can prepare in case we do get an RFE?

Thanks!!

People who send in only vaccination record (no I-693): RFE

People who send in 100% complete I-693 (new medical): No RFE

People who send in I-693 with 3 sections completed: Some get RFEs, Some don't.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.