NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

I don't know how I missed this. If I were you I would write a letter explaining that his medical is still within the one year threshold and attach a copy of the DS-3032 that shows the Sept date and a copy of the RFE.

Good luck Cere! :thumbs:

Beba-I spoke to my paralegal friend, and she told me I should just go to the Civil Surgeon, b/c in the end I'll probably just get another RFE asking for the medical. So we are going to go to a CS tomorrow. Bummer. I called USCIS and they just pissed me off. So to not have to deal with them again, I'll just have his medical transcribed, and hopefully won't run into more problems.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Beba-I spoke to my paralegal friend, and she told me I should just go to the Civil Surgeon, b/c in the end I'll probably just get another RFE asking for the medical. So we are going to go to a CS tomorrow. Bummer. I called USCIS and they just pissed me off. So to not have to deal with them again, I'll just have his medical transcribed, and hopefully won't run into more problems.

That totally sucks. Best of luck and hopefully once you send off the I-693 your case will resume processing shortly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got the medical results back from the CS today & mailed them in via priority mail. So hopefully by the end of next week, they'll resume processing.

I'm SO glad we found a CS nearby that wasn't a fortune. The one we went to is about 4 minutes away from home.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We went today as well to Jamaica (but today was our scheduled day). I asked the question and was told that although they can't guarantee they will see you if you go early, most likely they will. It was very dead in there, ours took 10 min.

Your appointment was short like mine, though mine took a bit longer because my "fingers are curved" so we had to do my index finger over about 10 times lol Other than that, it was a good experience and almost no waiting time to get it done.

Applied for VAWA (incomplete package) April 6th, 2010

VAWA application received April 7th, 2010

NOA1 received April 16, 2010 (dated April 9th, 2010)

Prima Facie received April 21, 2010 (dated April 12th, 2010)

Sent out complete I-360 case including I-485 June 14th, 2010

Received email stating will receive a response within 60 days (probably either RFE or approval/denial) June 18th, 2010

I-360 touched June 19th, 2010

I-360 touched June 21st, 2010

I-360 touched June 23rd, 2010

Submitted I-765 July 2nd, 2010

I-765 touched July 8th, 2010

I-765 touched July 10th, 2010

I-765 DENIED (sooo pissed!) Aug 2nd, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 12th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 27th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 30th, 2010

I-360 APPROVED!!! Sept 7th, 2010

Received approval email Sept 8th, 2010

I-360 touched Sept 11th, 2010

1-360 touched and received EAD approval Sept 13th, 2010 (USCIS made an error with my I-485/I-765 previously)

Just got home from Biometrics Appt in Milwaukee, drove almost four hours to get there for the 10 minute appointment. We had good luck. Because of the storm yesterday we left early as we didn't know what the roads were going to be like. We arrived two hours early but they took me right in. My honey was happy because we got to roam around a Cabelas store.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We got the medical results back from the CS today & mailed them in via priority mail. So hopefully by the end of next week, they'll resume processing.

I'm SO glad we found a CS nearby that wasn't a fortune. The one we went to is about 4 minutes away from home.

Nat - You're too funny with your exactness. Most people would have said 5 minutes away. I like how you said 4. I'm picturing you driving with a stop watch. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I had to comment because in the yardie thread you said something about the drive taking 43 minutes. All of you exactness is killing me.

On a serious note. I'm kind of just waiting/expecting an RFE. We had a CS fill out part 1, 2, &5, but didn't do the TB test. It seems like an RFE is the norm these days. Sooooooooo frustrating!!!

Good luck everyone!

Timeline

Nat - You're too funny with your exactness. Most people would have said 5 minutes away. I like how you said 4. I'm picturing you driving with a stop watch. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I had to comment because in the yardie thread you said something about the drive taking 43 minutes. All of you exactness is killing me.

On a serious note. I'm kind of just waiting/expecting an RFE. We had a CS fill out part 1, 2, &5, but didn't do the TB test. It seems like an RFE is the norm these days. Sooooooooo frustrating!!!

Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey guys.

We had our biometrics yesterday. It was about a two hour drive and we were only in the office for about 15 minutes (at least it wasn't a four hour drive!). There was a guy in the office asking about how to proceed with a fiance visa, and they were pretty generally unhelpful. I managed to catch him on our way out and tell him about visa journey. :)

I'm a little worried that our case still isn't online. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes....

event.png

I'm using Dr. Arnold for my I-693. Hopefully all will go well. I'll keep you guys updated. Hubby starts English classes in 2 weeks.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Just got home from Biometrics Appt in Milwaukee, drove almost four hours to get there for the 10 minute appointment. We had good luck. Because of the storm yesterday we left early as we didn't know what the roads were going to be like. We arrived two hours early but they took me right in. My honey was happy because we got to roam around a Cabelas store.

We just did an early Biometrics as well, this is in Seattle. Office was 45/mins away and we got there around 8:30. We told the guy that we had a Dr. appointment on the same day as our scheduled biometrics and they were 1/hr apart and wouldn't be able to make it, so he told us to go in and see if they can get us in between the scheduled ones.

Well, it must of been a busy morning, cus it took us until 10:30 to get seen. But, the lady that was at the window told us @ the beggining that she can try to squeeze us in between some of the appointments... yeah right.. she basically waited for all the seats in the actual room to be empty before calling my wife in.. :wacko: but all in all, we got it done ahead of time and that is all that matters... less than 10/mins to get it all done once she got in the room... :thumbs:

I'm using Dr. Arnold for my I-693. Hopefully all will go well. I'll keep you guys updated. Hubby starts English classes in 2 weeks.

We used Dr. Arnold as well, before he retired(from what I've been reading on VJ), so hope it's all good here too...

Good luck to everyone!!

Ingats!

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He's still doing that? I saw in some thread that he retired a month or two ago.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hey guys.

We had our biometrics yesterday. It was about a two hour drive and we were only in the office for about 15 minutes (at least it wasn't a four hour drive!). There was a guy in the office asking about how to proceed with a fiance visa, and they were pretty generally unhelpful. I managed to catch him on our way out and tell him about visa journey. :)

I'm a little worried that our case still isn't online. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes....

Hey Guys we are in the same boat as you...our cases are not in the website.... and I do not know what to do but wait .... let's hope we can get to see our cases soon!! if you happen to know what could be done let me know!!

Timeline

I just checked and it said our case has been transferred to CA. Besides meaning we won't have an interview does that also mean we are RFE free? Or is it still possible we could get caught up in this medical mess , like everyone, else it seems?

I just checked and it said our case has been transferred to CA. Besides meaning we won't have an interview does that also mean we are RFE free? Or is it still possible we could get caught up in this medical mess , like everyone, else it seems?

Sorry for joining so late, didn't know there was a forum like this. I sent in my AOS paperwork 12/21/09. I have received the NOA1 and Biometrics letter so i guess i am in the right forum.

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.