NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
They didn't tell us that at the Infopass, but that might just be why we got the RFE for the full medical.

At my husband's full medical yesterday, the doctor did the skin test. She called today to ask us if the area was red & swollen. If so, she said we should schedule a chest x-ray with our PCP. Fortunately, it wasn't.

Wow!! I'm surprised to see this!! more and more people are getting this RFE for their medicals... is just nonsense how USCIS is not following their OWN regulations!!! what's the point of asking our SO's to get their medical done before moving to the US and paying the fees there... to have the medical done again (plus here in the US they can charge you hundreds of $)... even though I am certain that each one of you guys is applying for AOS before the 12 months after the medical was done...??? or when they say.. oh yes we lost it!! like thats the applicant's fault??? in what way??? why should we have to pay for their mistakes??? I'm sorry if this looks like a rant, but I am just amazed by the lack of efficiency that our government excibits in these situations....anyhow... I hope that all you guys get your paperwork taken care of ASAP..

good luck people!!

Timeline
Just curious-how many of you can see your cases online? My NOA1 dates are all December 21, and I still can't see them online.

wait a little longer... and then if you are still unable to see your case... send an email to the service center that handdles your case.... I had the same issue with my K-1 and after calling infinite times to have them fix it.... it was solved when I e-mail the service center, (VSC) in my case, and it got fixed in 48 hrs...

They didn't tell us that at the Infopass, but that might just be why we got the RFE for the full medical.

At my husband's full medical yesterday, the doctor did the skin test. She called today to ask us if the area was red & swollen. If so, she said we should schedule a chest x-ray with our PCP. Fortunately, it wasn't.

It's absolutely ridiculous..if they would just tell you what was wrong with it instead of leaving people guessing if they are missing something, or if they just lost it. I called the Civil Surgeon's office where I had my medical in Montreal and they will provide me with a copy for $100 bucks, but they said it would be a copy and are not sure if USCIS would accept it. So now I have to find out if they actually did lose mine, and if so, if they will accept a copy and if they don't then I full medical is what I will have to do. We are at the point of just doing the full medical to keep from delaying it any longer.

I pasted the email I received from the medical clinic in Montreal:

Hello,

I can send you a copy of your medical however; the consulate usually requires the originals. If you can please confirm that photocopies will be accepted there is no problem, the fee will be $100. As for the TB skin test, it is not part of the US immigration protocol. We only refer for further testing if there is a history of or abnormal chest x-ray, which is not the case with you. Please get back to me so I may proceed with your documents.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Well an interesting turn of events, I just got another email from the clinic where I had my medical done. Apparently they won't send me a copy for $100 dollars...

Hello,

I have inquired a little bit further and unfortunately I am unable to send any copies of documents to you. The US immigration will need to contact us directly indicating what it is they need.

Thank you,

Some how I doubt they would call them to retrieve a document they lost!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wis-Can, the CS told us yesterday that for reasons that don't make sense (to her or any of us), the gov't does not want the panel physicians or civil surgeons giving copies of the medical results to applicants (except for vaccination records).

I just found this about the TB testing changes that were effective Nov 1. Not sure how accurate this article is, but I'm continuing to see what Google can find about this.

http://www.asserlaw.com/articles/article_177.pdf

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Interesting Q&A with USCIS. Many of the questions are about civil surgeons:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000082ca60aRCRD

November 19, 2007 - Met

Hi Guys,

I got our RFE and it makes no sense. It says - "the date the the civil surgeon certified the exam is more than one year from the date the applicant filed the form I-485. The medical must be dated by a civil surgeon less than one year prior to the filing date of form I-485." My SO had his medical done 9-17-09, and it was written the American way, so no mistakes there. What do you suggest I do? I could see if they were asking us to do this again b/c it was incomplete, but this is an issue with the date.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I did a walk-in for my biometrics today in Jamaica, Queens and the whole thing took 30 mins! If anyone ever has to go to that office, do a walk in. They don't ask questions and they guy who was taking my biometrics told me its never busy.

Applied for VAWA (incomplete package) April 6th, 2010

VAWA application received April 7th, 2010

NOA1 received April 16, 2010 (dated April 9th, 2010)

Prima Facie received April 21, 2010 (dated April 12th, 2010)

Sent out complete I-360 case including I-485 June 14th, 2010

Received email stating will receive a response within 60 days (probably either RFE or approval/denial) June 18th, 2010

I-360 touched June 19th, 2010

I-360 touched June 21st, 2010

I-360 touched June 23rd, 2010

Submitted I-765 July 2nd, 2010

I-765 touched July 8th, 2010

I-765 touched July 10th, 2010

I-765 DENIED (sooo pissed!) Aug 2nd, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 12th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 27th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 30th, 2010

I-360 APPROVED!!! Sept 7th, 2010

Received approval email Sept 8th, 2010

I-360 touched Sept 11th, 2010

1-360 touched and received EAD approval Sept 13th, 2010 (USCIS made an error with my I-485/I-765 previously)

I did a walk-in for my biometrics today in Jamaica, Queens and the whole thing took 30 mins! If anyone ever has to go to that office, do a walk in. They don't ask questions and they guy who was taking my biometrics told me its never busy.

We went today as well to Jamaica (but today was our scheduled day). I asked the question and was told that although they can't guarantee they will see you if you go early, most likely they will. It was very dead in there, ours took 10 min.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

That sucks. My husband had the vaccine as a child and we've been told that any skin test may show up positive. I hope we don't have to pay for a skin test and then an x-ray to prove again that he doesn't have TB.

I haven't received an RFE yet. Crossing my fingers that maybe I won't. Has there been anyone on VJ in the last month or so that hasn't received an RFE for the medical?

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Timeline
Hey guys... question for you... how long after you got your check cashed were you able to see your case online???

same day for me

November 19, 2007 - Met

Hi Guys,

I got our RFE and it makes no sense. It says - "the date the the civil surgeon certified the exam is more than one year from the date the applicant filed the form I-485. The medical must be dated by a civil surgeon less than one year prior to the filing date of form I-485." My SO had his medical done 9-17-09, and it was written the American way, so no mistakes there. What do you suggest I do? I could see if they were asking us to do this again b/c it was incomplete, but this is an issue with the date.

I don't know how I missed this. If I were you I would write a letter explaining that his medical is still within the one year threshold and attach a copy of the DS-3032 that shows the Sept date and a copy of the RFE.

Good luck Cere! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys quick question...I got extra copies of my marriage certificate from the court house just for safe keeping...should I submit and original or a photo copy with my AOS application?

Timeline
Hey guys quick question...I got extra copies of my marriage certificate from the court house just for safe keeping...should I submit and original or a photo copy with my AOS application?

Hey DND2009,

I am not that far in the process, but I sent a copy from the court house... because the "original" and the "copies" were exactly the same... when we got married I paid for 4 and all of them were the same thing..... and on the documents it aks for a certified copy from the court.... so I would suggest sending one of the extra copies....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.