NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What ended up happening?

Thanks!

I went to another DMV where they processed everything with no problem. It took me 1 1/2 hours out of my way and another 30 minutes wait to get to the front of the line, but it was worth it since the lady there approved everything and changed my name for me.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, I put the wedding so far out that we were apart for 4 months more after the K-1 was issued (beginning of June to beginning of October). It's just a trade off decision.

I did the same thing. I planned our wedding for November to make sure we had more than enough time for the approval. My hubby was approved in June, but then couldn't come to August. I wouldn't trade my husband for anything in thr world, but I don't wish this process on anyone.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I went to another DMV where they processed everything with no problem. It took me 1 1/2 hours out of my way and another 30 minutes wait to get to the front of the line, but it was worth it since the lady there approved everything and changed my name for me.

That's good you got it done. Not sure why the first woman gave you so much trouble.

-----------

This is the second day in a row that our AP doc was touched. I hope that means approval tomorrow. From the timelines (speaking of :time:), usually AP is approved before EAD, but not for us.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Well, I'm glad you got that sorted out. What a witch at the other place!! In AZ they make you change it with your SSN before they will change it on your license. So I showed up with the letter from the SSN office that I had changed my name, and THEN the lady says, Oh, where's your marriage certificate? (Where's the smilies that make rude gestures???) I was a bit pissed until I remembered that Nik had brought his folder with all the immi stuff in it to get his license, and sure enough, the marriage cert was in there. How annoying.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
Well, I'm glad you got that sorted out. What a witch at the other place!! In AZ they make you change it with your SSN before they will change it on your license. So I showed up with the letter from the SSN office that I had changed my name, and THEN the lady says, Oh, where's your marriage certificate? (Where's the smilies that make rude gestures???) I was a bit pissed until I remembered that Nik had brought his folder with all the immi stuff in it to get his license, and sure enough, the marriage cert was in there. How annoying.

Yeah same here. I had already taken care of social security with no problem using the same marriage certificate, so it shouldn't have been a problem. My siter got married this summer, and that same woman gave her a hard time about her marriage certificate too. Major power trip!! I will only be returning to that dMV to file a complaint.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys. Finally heard from USCIS! I received an e-mail late afternoon yesterday stating that my case was transfered to California Service Centre.

:) . I was hoping it was my EAD tho. But this is great news also.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My I-485 was touched (got a text and email about it) saying that it was transferred & is now being processed at a USCIS office. I wondered how this was different from the email I got 5 days ago & did a comparison. In all my AOS forum reading, I didn't see anyone talking about the difference in these two notices:

Jan 29:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On January 28, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action...

Feb 4:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
My I-485 was touched (got a text and email about it) saying that it was transferred & is now being processed at a USCIS office. I wondered how this was different from the email I got 5 days ago & did a comparison. In all my AOS forum reading, I didn't see anyone talking about the difference in these two notices:

Jan 29:

On January 28, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action...

Feb 4:

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office...

Maybe it is some type of receipt notice that CSC have received the transfered case. Just my thought.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Maybe it is some type of receipt notice that CSC have received the transfered case. Just my thought.

Somewhere I saw that once it is received at CSC they email again saying that it is pending at that center. Can't remember where I saw it, but it would make sense that they aknowlegde receipt.

event.png

My completely uneducated guess:

#1 Hey, we sent your application to someone.

#2 Hey, the place we sent it got it today, and now it's collecting dust waiting for someone to look at it.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Jan 29:

Feb 4:

I had the same and was very confused thinking it had been sent somewhere else. I called USCIS and they said it means that California now received it and it's now being processed.

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

All of this progress is making me really impatient! I feel like we've been standing still the past month (which-of course-we have). I'm so excited to go to the civil surgeon Monday and get it all done!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Congrats on the transfers!

Just curious...for those of you who sent in your RFE's and they were delivered, approx how long did it take for USCIS to send you an email to acknowledge they received it?

Mine was signed for on Monday and I still haven't heard anything...

Applied for VAWA (incomplete package) April 6th, 2010

VAWA application received April 7th, 2010

NOA1 received April 16, 2010 (dated April 9th, 2010)

Prima Facie received April 21, 2010 (dated April 12th, 2010)

Sent out complete I-360 case including I-485 June 14th, 2010

Received email stating will receive a response within 60 days (probably either RFE or approval/denial) June 18th, 2010

I-360 touched June 19th, 2010

I-360 touched June 21st, 2010

I-360 touched June 23rd, 2010

Submitted I-765 July 2nd, 2010

I-765 touched July 8th, 2010

I-765 touched July 10th, 2010

I-765 DENIED (sooo pissed!) Aug 2nd, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 12th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 27th, 2010

I-360 touched Aug 30th, 2010

I-360 APPROVED!!! Sept 7th, 2010

Received approval email Sept 8th, 2010

I-360 touched Sept 11th, 2010

1-360 touched and received EAD approval Sept 13th, 2010 (USCIS made an error with my I-485/I-765 previously)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.