NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Last night, I dreamed that one of our cases got touched. When I woke up & checked USCIS, I was disappointed.

But I just checked and the AP document was touched today! Hopefully that means it will be approved very soon, as my husband is eager to go visit his family/friends.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

The USCIS site says "On February 2, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you." It says it could take 30 days to receive it but it just takes a few days, right? It seems like people in this forum got it quickly after they were approved.

About 6 days, it seems. Our 6th day fell on Sunday, and it arrived the next day like clock work.

May vary if you are not in a big metro area though.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

yeeeiiih... our I-495 was transferred to csc too.. finally something new :-)

K-1 Visa

2009-05-26: I-129F sent

2009-11-09: Interview Date

2009-11-18: Visa Received (picked it up in Frankfurt)

2009-11-19: Port of Entry at JFK, got EAD Stamp in my Passport

2009-12-04: We get married :-)

Adjustment of Status

2009-12-16: We send out our AOS Package via USPS

2009-12-23: First NOA of Receival for EAD, AP, AOS

2010-01-14: Got RFE(s) for Medical and W-2 Forms

2010-01-21: RFE Documents received by USCIS

2010-01-21: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

2010-01-25: Biometrics Appointment in Elizabeth, NJ

2010-02-02: I-485 transferred to California Service Center

2010-02-09: I-485 is being processed at CSC

2010-02-12: EAD approved

yeeeiiih... our I-495 was transferred to csc too.. finally something new :-)

Hope that means you got that medical RFE sorted out. I'm starting to lean back towards they just aren't that familiar with adjustment from K-1's (we are SOOO in the minority in the world outside of VJ!!) and the RFEs are mostly issued in error.

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Timeline
Hope that means you got that medical RFE sorted out. I'm starting to lean back towards they just aren't that familiar with adjustment from K-1's (we are SOOO in the minority in the world outside of VJ!!) and the RFEs are mostly issued in error.

I assume they were fine with our complaint letter and the copy of my medical... but we´ll see what happens...

I wished instead they would have touched my AP because I have to leave the country for my Masters´final exams in March. Otherwise I can either throw away the many hard working years of my studies :unsure: or start over with the aos process (not to mention the costs!!!!)

K-1 Visa

Adjustment of Status

Timeline
Last night, I dreamed that one of our cases got touched. When I woke up & checked USCIS, I was disappointed.

But I just checked and the AP document was touched today! Hopefully that means it will be approved very soon, as my husband is eager to go visit his family/friends.

Got a text this afternoon stating that our EAD was approved! My husband won't start working until after getting AP & visiting his home for a few weeks, so I hope AP isn't too far behind (esp since it was touched earlier today).

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hey guys i dont kno if i said this already but i recieved my travel document and work authorization... i got the travel document about 5 days after the approval was sent and the work card about 1 and a half week later...about three days after that my case was transfered to CSC and i recieved an email that they recieved my file and continued working on it.....things are really moving fast now then the k-1 visa and it is espeacially more easier when your loved one is with you.....good luck to everyone

I assume they were fine with our complaint letter and the copy of my medical... but we´ll see what happens...

I wished instead they would have touched my AP because I have to leave the country for my Masters´final exams in March. Otherwise I can either throw away the many hard working years of my studies :unsure: or start over with the aos process (not to mention the costs!!!!)

As it gets closer to time, if you haven't heard anything on the AP, you can make an info pass (in Phoenix, they were scheduled a week and a half out, so don't leave it too late) to get it expedited. The worst they can do is say no.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Timeline
As it gets closer to time, if you haven't heard anything on the AP, you can make an info pass (in Phoenix, they were scheduled a week and a half out, so don't leave it too late) to get it expedited. The worst they can do is say no.

That's something, how they're so backed up where you are. Both times I scheduled an Infopass appointment (in Houston), I was able to get one the very next day.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

thanks for your advice, I will definitely do that if I dont hear or get anything until next friday.

Sometimes I sit there and just shake my head about this whole process. How crazy is this: being so dependent from those people who deal with our cases. Its like waiting for the approval or permission to continue our own life again which they forced us to pause for almost one year. Youre even not allowed to set your own wedding date because you can barely estimate how long they need for your case. how many of you were able to plan a crazy wedding after they got the k-1 visas?!

we still keep it as a secret from most of our relatives that we married in december because we want to have a "real wedding" one day.

wow, sorry, I get so sentimental :lol: sometimes its just really depressing what honest people like us have to go through to make everything the "legal way".

K-1 Visa

Adjustment of Status

thanks for your advice, I will definitely do that if I dont hear or get anything until next friday.

Sometimes I sit there and just shake my head about this whole process. How crazy is this: being so dependent from those people who deal with our cases. Its like waiting for the approval or permission to continue our own life again which they forced us to pause for almost one year. Youre even not allowed to set your own wedding date because you can barely estimate how long they need for your case. how many of you were able to plan a crazy wedding after they got the k-1 visas?!

we still keep it as a secret from most of our relatives that we married in december because we want to have a "real wedding" one day.

wow, sorry, I get so sentimental :lol: sometimes its just really depressing what honest people like us have to go through to make everything the "legal way".

Well, I put the wedding so far out that we were apart for 4 months more after the K-1 was issued (beginning of June to beginning of October). It's just a trade off decision.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I relate completely. They are in total control of our lives and our decisions. Yesterday after dealing with rudeness of the receptionist at the DMV, I felt even more helpless in this process. I am the US citizen, and I went to have my name changed on my DL. She took one look at the marriage certificate, said it wasn't real, and sent me on my way. It has the state seal embossed on it. How could I fake that? All she had to do was touch the paper to see that it is the official document. Instead she gleefully informed me that there was nothing she could do for me. I just don't understand why government workers have to be so rude. You would think they would be happy to get our money. And I so agree on the honesty part. There are so many that do things the wrong way and still manage to get what they wanted while we honest people just sit back and watch our lives pass by.

event.png

Timeline
I relate completely. They are in total control of our lives and our decisions. Yesterday after dealing with rudeness of the receptionist at the DMV, I felt even more helpless in this process. I am the US citizen, and I went to have my name changed on my DL. She took one look at the marriage certificate, said it wasn't real, and sent me on my way. ...

What ended up happening?

Congrats NatBen

Thanks!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.