robleftca

transfering plane question imigration question also

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The copying of your credit card was enforced by PAL in the past. They did not ask my wife for it though. Also, when you book through PAL the travel tax is normally included in the ticket price. With most other airlines you will pay the travel tax at the airport or PTA office. You still have to pay the terminal tax of 750 PHP.

i new i read that you had to copy it. i think i will just do it just in case to make sure she doesn't have to worry. She wil have enough to worry about lol

thanks guys you always have the best advise as we all have gone or going through the same stuff.

robert

have you gotten at ticket yet ? why dont you go see Linda on Charleston and Maryland parkway at the Lafayette Village Square, she owns the travel agency there, you can tell her your exact plans and she will hook you up;

No i havent' gotten the ticket cause her visa is still in reivew status. She turned in a paper after hr interview so they said 5-10 buisness days before she can get her visa.

i was going to swing buy the travel agency i went through when i went to the philippens but if there is somebody from VJ maybe i will swing by that one. Is it by the 99 cent store or by the gas station on charleston and maryland?

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

i flew in thru detroit and it wasn't very crowded... it only took about a few minutes to get verything done, i had 2 hours from my connectig flight and I was already sitting there waiting o board an hour before we were to board.. it was a smooth process and other people who went through detroit had saidthe same thing.. they're fast

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

So.. after she gets the visa she has to do a CFO.. Can this be done anywhere, or must be done in Manila?

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

LAX was easy for Claudeth. Airline service buses circle the terminal areas constantly so if the connecting flight is away from where she comes in at she can just catch the airline bus. LAX is a nightmare if you have to drive and park :whistle:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My golden rule, it to stay away from LAX, it suxs, it crowded and full of a$$holes.

SFO is easy to deal with as well as Las Vegas.

Plane ticket shouldn't be a problem.

In the contrary, I had my my POE at LAX but I experienced the "real service". I would say, if you arrive in LAX in the evening, or early morning wherein there aren't much arriving passengers, that would be a good thing. My boarder officer who catered me was a filipino so he must have loosen his belt on me plus he is funny. Moreover, there were only 2 plane who arrived so it wasn't much crowded in Tom Bradley-LAX.

If you entered US with a CR1 visa, you have to undergo few more steps with a boarder officer (which shouldn't take long) after you had your fingerprint scanning with an immigration officer at the airport. Unlike K1, they can go ahead and pick up their luggage.

So I would say it depends on the arrival time and also, luck.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline
The copying of your credit card was enforced by PAL in the past. They did not ask my wife for it though. Also, when you book through PAL the travel tax is normally included in the ticket price. With most other airlines you will pay the travel tax at the airport or PTA office. You still have to pay the terminal tax of 750 PHP.

i new i read that you had to copy it. i think i will just do it just in case to make sure she doesn't have to worry. She wil have enough to worry about lol

thanks guys you always have the best advise as we all have gone or going through the same stuff.

robert

have you gotten at ticket yet ? why dont you go see Linda on Charleston and Maryland parkway at the Lafayette Village Square, she owns the travel agency there, you can tell her your exact plans and she will hook you up;

No i havent' gotten the ticket cause her visa is still in reivew status. She turned in a paper after hr interview so they said 5-10 buisness days before she can get her visa.

i was going to swing buy the travel agency i went through when i went to the philippens but if there is somebody from VJ maybe i will swing by that one. Is it by the 99 cent store or by the gas station on charleston and maryland?

its neither the one of those locations here call this number : 702 384-5600, ask for Linda, she is a elder filipina lady thats caters to this type of scenario. Just tell her your entire story and how you want it done, she will be able to help you out.

Timeline
So.. after she gets the visa she has to do a CFO.. Can this be done anywhere, or must be done in Manila?

there are two locations in manila and i think one in cebu. I am not sure, maybe somebody else can help you if you ask a more direct question on your location.

she was able to do it well waiting for her paper work but she has to go back to get the stamp on her passport i think she was saying cause she didn't have it becasue they took it.

theres a CFO there CFO CEBU ;)

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

its neither the one of those locations here call this number : 702 384-5600, ask for Linda, she is a elder filipina lady thats caters to this type of scenario. Just tell her your entire story and how you want it done, she will be able to help you out.

Well she disappointed me. i am not going to use her. she kept pushing philippines airlines and kept saying only hawaian airlines only have flights til 28th. THAT IS BULLSHIT cause it is online plenty of seats with expedia. i don't understand why she was pushing philippines airline. I am going to find somebody else cause that price is almost as much as my round trip ticket.

She is very pushy as i was typing this she called back again. I am just going to pass on her thanks for the help.

Edited by robleftca

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
First questioon is about coming to America. The best deals i find is by expeida. The only problem is i worry about her flying into Los angeles, SFO or Hawaii then missing the plane transfer after customs. for me it was quick. I have read that they have to fill out many papers and go through long line for imigrants. A two our delay in plane transfers worry me. i know when i went into LA once, It took me about 1 hour just to get to the other terminal. She would be coming into LA and if I understand now she would have to REcheck her bags??

When I went through LAX (K1) it was pretty easy but it did take a while. You hop into the citizen line with your brown envelope out and it took about 5 minutes of chat with the guy. Next issue was collecting my bags... THAT took a while, and about 1/2 hour wait in the customs line HOWEVER once I was through that line right on the other side was a guy taking your bags and throwing them on a conveyor belt to be re-checked. Then I needed to go BACK through security to catch my connecting flight. LAX was FULL of people and crazy busy. The line to go through security took AT LEAST 1/2 hour so I was lucky to have a 2 1/2 hour layover but I was still cutting it a little close.

I want her to just fly to vancouver canada then to vegas would be so much easier but it cost about 100 more think all the hassel and them possibly chaarging her for bags when she switches airlines might be worth it? ANY ADVISSE WOULD BE HELPFULL.

If you buy tickets through an agent they tend to have all those fees taken care of. I flew American Airlines and United. I was allowed 2 bags for international flight at 50lbs each. You are also allowed 2 carry-on's such as a handbag and laptop bag. You are also allowed a book, or blanket or heavy coat etc (depending on your airlines but that's each time I've flown with any airline (malaysian, AA and United)). Personally I would spend the money on the easier flight. I was feeling VERY tired when I travelled (over 36 hours in total from my home town to the airport to the US) and very overwhelmed and stressed making sure I did everything right. Yeah $100 is a lot but it also saves a LOT of hassle.

Buying a ticket is my next question. I have read some people are givin a hard time trying to board the plane when a ticket isn't purchesed in their name? I am looking to buy it by expedia. I read i shoudl copy my credit card and send her a copy of this? Anyone have problems buying for their fiance? She doens't want to buy it cause she is scared she make mistake and fly wrong place lol.

I have never had this issue because as said above, when you buy a ticket you actually WRITE the details for who the tickets for, and the person paying is a whole other section. This could be a "her country" issue but I've never had it and I've bought a few tickets.

Now one more question guys, i read where they can have up to 23 killo bags. My future mother in law is givng grace a heaving blanket as it is cold here in winter(vegaas). How should she go about thsi as her bag already is close to or over 23 killos?

I said that above :P

Good luck. This probably doesn't even matter now but I thought I'd answer anyway :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.