TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

"Say Yes to the Dress?!" What the heck is that about. No, nevermind, I don't want to know. And besides, the last person Diana would want to choose her clothes is probably me.

Yeah, the Fahrenheit thing (and miles and pounds and inches). First let me apologize for my country of birth. The last time I checked the only countries left in the world who still not metric were us, Myanmar (Burma) and some god forsaken country in Africa. That's it!

At least you don't have a language issue. Diana and my new son Denys will also be learning English as a second language. Diana is hard at it taking intensive English classes 5 hours/day and making Denys take them too. They'll be fine. One of the posters on the RUB forum suggested putting post-it notes all over the house with the English word written on them. Not a bad idea! He also said the first thing to get is a temperature F/C conversion scale in the kitchen as none of their food was getting cooked at 200F! (93 C)

The ugly news right now is that because of the excuseless delays of my application at USCIS there are NO flights to/from Ukraine for less than $2,000 each (if there are any at all)! Multiply times 3 and it is going to cost me ~US$7,000 just to go and fetch the rest of my new family. ugh. Oh, well, I'd pay twice that to have them here for the summer!

Hahha ok Casper no more Say Yes To The Dress Talk.

Yea that is true. I can't imagine what that would be like. I tried taking Spanish in high school and well needless to say it didnt go so hot. But they do say English is the most difficult language to learn since we have so many slang uses of our words and so on. I am sure they will do great though. That post it idea sounds really good!

Wow Casper I am sorry to hear that your trip is gunna be so much. You will forget all about the price when you come home with them though!

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Just a quick note to say APPROVED! Will tell you more details later - v busy at work and didn't get back till 12pm last night. Thanks for all the good wishes before hand.

Just a quick note to say APPROVED! Will tell you more details later - v busy at work and didn't get back till 12pm last night. Thanks for all the good wishes before hand.

Right on Emma!! I have been waiting to read that post from you! Good for you and Yuri! :thumbs:

If you would like to read my long, involved and boring review it is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=77353

I had a great time in London, I always enjoy visiting. Kinda wish that I'd lived there for awhile now, but oh well. On Tuesday when i got down there I was going to a show, but by the time I'd checked the embassy out I was just going to walk down to Embankment - anyway, the heavens opened, I got soaked and ended up having to go and buy new trousers and a hoodie on Oxford street before the show! :rofl: that sort of thing always happens to me - that's what I get for coming from a country where carrying an umbrella is useless so I hardly ever do.

Looking forward to everyone's good news!

If you would like to read my long, involved and boring review it is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=77353

I had a great time in London, I always enjoy visiting. Kinda wish that I'd lived there for awhile now, but oh well. On Tuesday when i got down there I was going to a show, but by the time I'd checked the embassy out I was just going to walk down to Embankment - anyway, the heavens opened, I got soaked and ended up having to go and buy new trousers and a hoodie on Oxford street before the show! :rofl: that sort of thing always happens to me - that's what I get for coming from a country where carrying an umbrella is useless so I hardly ever do.

Looking forward to everyone's good news!

I read the review! I am so glad everything went well for you. It seems like the London embassy isn't very pleasant from your wording but oh well you got your visa. What was up with her saying "I THINK I am gunna approve this"

I woulda been like hey lady ya think or ya know? LOL probably wouldnt have been the best either. But anyways congrats hun!

I read the review! I am so glad everything went well for you. It seems like the London embassy isn't very pleasant from your wording but oh well you got your visa. What was up with her saying "I THINK I am gunna approve this"

I woulda been like hey lady ya think or ya know? LOL probably wouldnt have been the best either. But anyways congrats hun!

Thanks Meggy... yeah, I was totally thinking the same thing but thought it would be wise not to ask that! She had someone with her that I assume she was training but she didn't even say to me 'this is so and so, they'll be sitting in on the interview, is that alright?'. I thought that was a bit off.

All done and tickets booked now. I can look forward to my week with Yuri and then the mad rush of 2 weeks to get everything done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, one down and a couple more to go! Meggy, aren't you next Wednesday? Good luck, but I know you'll be fine. I bought my tickets to Ukraine yesterday. I leave two weeks from today and the interview is the 24th. I also bought Denys & Diana's tickets for return with me on the 2nd of July so I sure hope it works out ok!

Just think, only 2 more weeks of having to eat my own cooking. That's reason enough to celebrate right there!

Thanks Meggy... yeah, I was totally thinking the same thing but thought it would be wise not to ask that! She had someone with her that I assume she was training but she didn't even say to me 'this is so and so, they'll be sitting in on the interview, is that alright?'. I thought that was a bit off.

All done and tickets booked now. I can look forward to my week with Yuri and then the mad rush of 2 weeks to get everything done!

Yea probably not. Oh well you were approved so that is the main thing! Yea more than likely she was training so she was probably unsure of herself. I know it is always intimidating having someone watch you while you do a new job. She should have introduced the person to you though that is only proper but hey whatevs you got the big YES! :dance:

So when is the trip booked for? Did you make it for June?

Well, one down and a couple more to go! Meggy, aren't you next Wednesday? Good luck, but I know you'll be fine. I bought my tickets to Ukraine yesterday. I leave two weeks from today and the interview is the 24th. I also bought Denys & Diana's tickets for return with me on the 2nd of July so I sure hope it works out ok!

Just think, only 2 more weeks of having to eat my own cooking. That's reason enough to celebrate right there!

Nah I am in a couple weeks so next next Thursday it will be my turn to take the plunge. I have my medical the day before that so it will be a fun couple of days. M y Aunt and I are gunna tour the city on Tuesday and after my medical on Wednesday. Not a bunch of time but still we will get to see a few things! I am super excited I just want it all to go smoothly.

Ohh right on Casper ok I will be just home when you leave! I am sure everything will go just great for you guys! Man I am so happy we are almost all finally outta here. I think there is just a couple left waiting for an interview! Right on December filers pretty soon we will al be going home/bringing the loved ones home

Igor's list still showed 13 December people waiting NOA 2 as of today. I wonder if they got it and never updated their timeline or they dropped the application or what? Curious.

Yea that is usually the case that they just didn't update it. People sometimes forget about VJ once they get really into the process. But I hope all those people got approved and are on their way to being finished as well. Well finished for a month or so then on to AOS

Congrats on the approval Emma -- so happy for you both :dance: :dance: :dance:

A little update from me -- married yesterday YAY!

WEDDING176-1.jpg

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Terri you looked beautiful!

Congrats on the big day. Loved your dress :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow, congratulations Terri! Now you can relax for, oh, a day before getting your SSN, driver's license, filing your AOS, EAD... But for now, enjoy you've earned it!

Meggy - Funny, I was thumbing through the channels the other night (it's a guy thing) and came across "Say yes to the Dress!" So, now that I had a recommendation I had to look at it. Mistake! First up is this young couple with a $5k(?!) dress budget but the bride can't find anything she likes until they come across some designer dress for $10,500!!! The owner made then a 'deal' at $8,800 but the whole thing scared me so much I couldn't watch to see if they bought it and just went back to the SyFy channel and watched Stargate SG-1. Much better! I just hope Diana doesn't find that dress channel before we marry. Thank god she doesn't watch much TV!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.