TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Yeah, I read that story. If only it was that easy for everyone :) I think of them like the monkeys in that episode of the Simpson's that Mr Burns has writing a book or something - but in that windowless room and with lots of coffee.

Definitely better to be in a room with someone than trying to convice them of a relationship using a piece of paper.

We were thinking of having the whole shebang (not that it'll really be like that, just small and nice) a couple of months after I arrive, but since neither of us really did anything towards it we're going to do the registry office thing (my kind of style) and then have a blessing ceremony (Yuri's thing) later in the summer or early autumn. That gives us time to sort things out and for anyone who can come to come. I think my Mum is more keen on the wedding part than I am, I'd be happy with the registry office and a party. At least I get to wear a pretty dress (2 in fact!).

What about you, Meggy? What are the plans? And you too, Caspar?

The Simpsons happens to be my all time favorite show and I know exactly which episode you are talking about!! That is a gooder :thumbs:

That sounds really nice Emma! I love simple weddings. Angelo and I plan on going to the courthouse with a few of our closest friends there and my mother and step dad. Then after that it is off to the local bowling alley/bar for a super bad #### party. I think it is much more our style just to be around great friends and have an informal kick #### time!

I do plan on getting a very snazzy dress for the occasion. I am thinking a 30's style flapper dress for the occasion!

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Iván and are are having a family get together July 4th in Ecuador before I leave. Yearly family reunion/engagement party. I´ve met all the in-laws including some cousins and aunts and uncles. This time all will be there both sides of his family.

When we have a ceremony here it will likely be by a retired judge who is a friend of my dad´s. Here at the house or up at my dad´s wooded retirement home. Just my kids and a few friends of mine. Nature is our backdrop... Dad has one of those large canopies as he sells woodcarvings in markets and fairs. Maybe will string some patio lights up around it, and put out some fresh flowers.... I can only convince Iván of this since woodtick season is over by August.

I have a Calvin Klein dress, nude tone, floor length with slight train behind. Might take the train off.

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

The Simpsons happens to be my all time favorite show and I know exactly which episode you are talking about!! That is a gooder :thumbs:

That sounds really nice Emma! I love simple weddings. Angelo and I plan on going to the courthouse with a few of our closest friends there and my mother and step dad. Then after that it is off to the local bowling alley/bar for a super bad #### party. I think it is much more our style just to be around great friends and have an informal kick #### time!

I do plan on getting a very snazzy dress for the occasion. I am thinking a 30's style flapper dress for the occasion!

The flapper dress idea is cool. I actually have a 1931 evening dress. I got the pattern from Vintage Vogue years ago (glad I did now, it's out of print) and i had it made the last time I visited my parents in HK. Now we have to plan the wedding around the dates when they're not travelling with work! So far it's looking like September some time.

The flapper dress idea is cool. I actually have a 1931 evening dress. I got the pattern from Vintage Vogue years ago (glad I did now, it's out of print) and i had it made the last time I visited my parents in HK. Now we have to plan the wedding around the dates when they're not travelling with work! So far it's looking like September some time.

I bet it is gorgeous Emma! I love vintage clothing.

Oh ok well September would be nice. Fall weddings are always pretty.

Ohh the Emma countdown is down to 2 days!! Ahh I can't wait to hear about your day. I will have my fingers crossed all day for you :thumbs:

Iván and are are having a family get together July 4th in Ecuador before I leave. Yearly family reunion/engagement party. I´ve met all the in-laws including some cousins and aunts and uncles. This time all will be there both sides of his family.

When we have a ceremony here it will likely be by a retired judge who is a friend of my dad´s. Here at the house or up at my dad´s wooded retirement home. Just my kids and a few friends of mine. Nature is our backdrop... Dad has one of those large canopies as he sells woodcarvings in markets and fairs. Maybe will string some patio lights up around it, and put out some fresh flowers.... I can only convince Iván of this since woodtick season is over by August.

I have a Calvin Klein dress, nude tone, floor length with slight train behind. Might take the train off.

That sounds really nice. Outdoor weddings are my favorite.

Thats good that you guys are having a little party before he leaves with his family. Thats really nice especially since you said you enjoy his family that should be a great time!

Your dress sounds gorgeous too!

I gotta admit my favorite show on TV "Say Yes To The Dress" I secretly want to go to Kleinfelds and get an over the top fabulous dress!

That sounds really nice. Outdoor weddings are my favorite.

Thats good that you guys are having a little party before he leaves with his family. Thats really nice especially since you said you enjoy his family that should be a great time!

Your dress sounds gorgeous too!

I gotta admit my favorite show on TV "Say Yes To The Dress" I secretly want to go to Kleinfelds and get an over the top fabulous dress!

I can see why you love that show, Meggy. I just took a look at it. I could become a bit obsessive about a show like that I think. I love Bridezilla's too because it's just so funny the way that some girls get so OTT about their weddings! Thanks for telling us about it :)

I can see why you love that show, Meggy. I just took a look at it. I could become a bit obsessive about a show like that I think. I love Bridezilla's too because it's just so funny the way that some girls get so OTT about their weddings! Thanks for telling us about it :)

It is such a good show eh! My favorite is Randy on the show, he is the fashion coordinator he is just the best. He knows EXACTLY what would look good on any bride.

I have never seen the show Bridezilla's before we probably don't have that show in Canada. I can only imagine though. It is probably a lot like this show we have here rich bride poor bride (which I am also addicted to). Some of these women are such brats but it is even worse when it is the men who are acting insane

Ohh jeeze and your interview is tomorrow too! I am guessing you won't be on VJ so I am sending super good luck vibes to ya Emma!!

You will do great and let us know the good news as soon as you can! :dance:

Emma I look forward to your update...I am sitting here on eggshells watching my email hoping its something from you in reply to this thread LOL!

After reading over the last few pages I am so happy that everyone is in the final stages of the K1 process....soon everyone will have an amazing summer with their loved ones here in the USA.

We only have a few days left to our wedding -- everything is pretty much done. No big flash event, though I am wearing a black gown for the day. We will marry in a very simple ceremony on our new back deck with our closest family & friends in attendance followed by a cook out here at home...once the ceremony is done & the photos are taken, changing into jeans & shirt LOL. I must admit I am nervous as all heck especially considering the weather radar keeps saying rain on the day *pout*

Will peak in again in a few hours for any more news.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, with all this wedding planning talk now you've taken me ouf of my comfort zone! Hey, where did all the guy December filers go??? Funny though, I have done more thinking about the actual logistics of the wedding than my woman. Probably she is distracted by other things like, well, packing!

I'm thinking a little like you, Terri. Out on the grass at home and a reception on a new (yet to be built!) deck. I live on a bit of a hill and the grass overlooks a pond and the mountains beyond. Pretty. When asked, Diana just says she doesn't think we should spend a lot of money. Uh, ok. I said we could always take the car to 'Vegas and go through the drive-thru wedding chapel. Never even have to get out of the car. Mm, she wasn't too keen on that option either. Probably do it at home with ~50 friends and family. It'll be good.

Interview in 3 weeks and 2 days...

~Casper

Ok, with all this wedding planning talk now you've taken me ouf of my comfort zone! Hey, where did all the guy December filers go??? Funny though, I have done more thinking about the actual logistics of the wedding than my woman. Probably she is distracted by other things like, well, packing!

I'm thinking a little like you, Terri. Out on the grass at home and a reception on a new (yet to be built!) deck. I live on a bit of a hill and the grass overlooks a pond and the mountains beyond. Pretty. When asked, Diana just says she doesn't think we should spend a lot of money. Uh, ok. I said we could always take the car to 'Vegas and go through the drive-thru wedding chapel. Never even have to get out of the car. Mm, she wasn't too keen on that option either. Probably do it at home with ~50 friends and family. It'll be good.

Interview in 3 weeks and 2 days...

~Casper

Hahaha sorry about that Casper. I mean you could always jump on the boat and start watching Say Yes To The Dress! Maybe you can then give Diana some pointers on what dress to pick LOL.

I know I think you are the last male who posts on this! I still talk to Bricar. He has his interview the week after mine!!

Which kinda sucks we were hoping we would get to see each other at the consulate but good news that he has the interview date!

Terri, the wedding sounds like it would be very nice. I love the idea of the outdoor wedding and I will have my fingers crossed that Ohio brings you good weather that day.

Angelo tells me it has been crazy hot there! I am definitely not used to that.

Sorry Caspar lol didnt mean to make you uncomfortable. We built our deck specifically for our wedding....we will be looking out over farm land & the woods...perfection!

Meggy, the weather has been yukky warm, though my tan is looking great from being outside getting the gardens all done etc lol

I am sitting here trying to get our play list done for the day -- I am now in need of a huge chunk of choccie cake -- if only I had baked one today!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

Yea I am really not looking forward to be moving there when it is like +30...oh and that is another thing they use Fahrenheit! I am gunna have to figure out that whole thing when I get there. But yea being from Canada I enjoy the mild summers but I will be happy when I get to enjoy the mild winters in Ohio. Last winter it got to -50 where I live!!!! We beat out Russia for being the coldest place in the world! I will for sure not miss that one bit.

A play list? Oh you are hand picking the songs for your guys' whole shindig? That sounds soo sweet! I wish I could do that!

Im kind of curious what songs you got on there Terri?

The whole Fahrenheit thing drives my daughter nuts....so I told her if it is around 72F -- it means 20C..it helps her cope I think Being from Australia the heat doesn't bother so much here, winter will be a struggle LOL

Our play list will be a mix of songs that are special to us as well as others mixed in for general entertainment. The song I will walk down the 'aisle' as such is George Strait's I Cross My Heart. No first dance or anything like that at all...just a day planned filled with lots of love & laughter amongst those close to us.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"Say Yes to the Dress?!" What the heck is that about. No, nevermind, I don't want to know. And besides, the last person Diana would want to choose her clothes is probably me.

Yeah, the Fahrenheit thing (and miles and pounds and inches). First let me apologize for my country of birth. The last time I checked the only countries left in the world who still not metric were us, Myanmar (Burma) and some god forsaken country in Africa. That's it!

At least you don't have a language issue. Diana and my new son Denys will also be learning English as a second language. Diana is hard at it taking intensive English classes 5 hours/day and making Denys take them too. They'll be fine. One of the posters on the RUB forum suggested putting post-it notes all over the house with the English word written on them. Not a bad idea! He also said the first thing to get is a temperature F/C conversion scale in the kitchen as none of their food was getting cooked at 200F! (93 C)

The ugly news right now is that because of the excuseless delays of my application at USCIS there are NO flights to/from Ukraine for less than $2,000 each (if there are any at all)! Multiply times 3 and it is going to cost me ~US$7,000 just to go and fetch the rest of my new family. ugh. Oh, well, I'd pay twice that to have them here for the summer!

The whole Fahrenheit thing drives my daughter nuts....so I told her if it is around 72F -- it means 20C..it helps her cope I think Being from Australia the heat doesn't bother so much here, winter will be a struggle LOL

Our play list will be a mix of songs that are special to us as well as others mixed in for general entertainment. The song I will walk down the 'aisle' as such is George Strait's I Cross My Heart. No first dance or anything like that at all...just a day planned filled with lots of love & laughter amongst those close to us.

Yea I know the whole thing is just silly! I am really glad Angelo has a converter thingy on his phone so he can tell me but one day I am just gunna have to make the change!. Oh yea right that whole it is always nice in Australia thing and you are gunna have to experience cold LOL. I am sure you will be ok. Ohio has super mild winters.

Awe that sounds really swee Terrie that is awesome! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.