TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Oh you took the big leap did ya! I don;t think I am going to do that until I come back from Vancouver. They are already training someone that can do my job if I am sick so I will just wait until I have my visa.

Are you getting everything else settled up? I cant believe it your interview is in 5 days! I am getting super excited for you!

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Oh you took the big leap did ya! I don;t think I am going to do that until I come back from Vancouver. They are already training someone that can do my job if I am sick so I will just wait until I have my visa.

Are you getting everything else settled up? I cant believe it your interview is in 5 days! I am getting super excited for you!

Yeah, took the risk. Haven't booked plane tickets yet but if I have to stay a bit longer I can afford it for a while.

Yeah, 5 days, scary! We've got a holiday w/e and I'm going to visit friends in the Channel Islands so that should keep my mind off it and then I go down to London on Tuesday - so 2 days and 2 hours at work next week :)

Yeah, took the risk. Haven't booked plane tickets yet but if I have to stay a bit longer I can afford it for a while.

Yeah, 5 days, scary! We've got a holiday w/e and I'm going to visit friends in the Channel Islands so that should keep my mind off it and then I go down to London on Tuesday - so 2 days and 2 hours at work next week :)

Ok well that's good!

Oh that is awesome gunna go and say the goodbyes there. Yea I think one of my friends planned a going away party for me here at the local crappy bar so that should be fun but I am not supposed to know about that lol.

Ohh wow that is great Emma! Jeeze you seem so clam compared to me and mine is 20 days away :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

...and mine is 26 days away. It won't come too soon! Diana gave her notice at work 3 weeks ago but with all the documents she has to make and an apartment to pack up, I don't know how she could have done anything else. As it is she is panicking that there is not enough time to get everything done.

It's all good and by the end of June we should all be with our loved ones. Won't that be somethin'!

Oh tell her not to worry I am sure she will get everything packed up in time.

Man I can't believe that we all started this what has it been now almost six months ago! Jeeze it has been a long haul guys but like Casper said we are almost there and by the end of next month we will all have big smiles on our faces. Then I guess we can't relax for too long before we have to move on to the next step. I hope everyone plans on stickin around and posting on here. I like having my updates from everyone :)

I'm only calm now because everything is booked, all the paperwork is collected and organised and I'm looking forward to my day and 1/2 in London. I'm not looking forward to the interview (waiting mainly) but from what ppl on the UK forum have said the interview is nothing to worry that much about and the questions are pretty easy and answerable. I was joking to Yuri that I'd do deep breathing oms to keep sane but they just make me laugh. Maybe if you can find out the process and sorts of questions they ask at your consulate it will make you feel better, Meggy.

Okay, keep smiling everyone. So much to do now and so little time!

Emma x

I'm only calm now because everything is booked, all the paperwork is collected and organised and I'm looking forward to my day and 1/2 in London. I'm not looking forward to the interview (waiting mainly) but from what ppl on the UK forum have said the interview is nothing to worry that much about and the questions are pretty easy and answerable. I was joking to Yuri that I'd do deep breathing oms to keep sane but they just make me laugh. Maybe if you can find out the process and sorts of questions they ask at your consulate it will make you feel better, Meggy.

Okay, keep smiling everyone. So much to do now and so little time!

Emma x

Yea I mean I know the Canadian consulates aren't difficult to deal with I guess it is more just the thought that the end result is riding on me. I think maybe I will do some deep breathing and maybe some yoga and all those other calm yourself down methods!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh, I am crossing my fingers and toes that we can get in with the Dec. to June group! We should be able to book our interview date mid June, but as of yet our K-1 Petition is still en route to Ecuador. The Packet 4 (there is no packet 3) and all paperwork is in my hands, and flying down with me on June 9th. The K-1 petition will beat me there, but as soon as it shows up in the computer system, the Consulate will be getting a call to set a date! Ivan´s medical is this Thursday! Yeah!!!

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hm, maybe funny but I am not nervous at all at the thought of the interview. I'd MUCH rather deal with a human face to face than send paperwork to the nameless, faceless trolls that work in a darkened room without windows in the CSC! (Well, that's how I see it anyway.)

The funniest interview story I've run across was of the man who went with his fiancee to the interview. The consulate worker asked him about the nice sweater he was wearing. He said his fiancee had knitted it. Later, in the interiew the consulate examiner asked the fiancee if it was true she knitted the sweater, the fiancee said yes, and the consulate examiner said that's my only question. You pass!

I say don't worry! You'll all do fine. And Meggy, I'll keep posting through and after the interview. There's still a wedding to plan!

Hm, maybe funny but I am not nervous at all at the thought of the interview. I'd MUCH rather deal with a human face to face than send paperwork to the nameless, faceless trolls that work in a darkened room without windows in the CSC! (Well, that's how I see it anyway.)

The funniest interview story I've run across was of the man who went with his fiancee to the interview. The consulate worker asked him about the nice sweater he was wearing. He said his fiancee had knitted it. Later, in the interiew the consulate examiner asked the fiancee if it was true she knitted the sweater, the fiancee said yes, and the consulate examiner said that's my only question. You pass!

I say don't worry! You'll all do fine. And Meggy, I'll keep posting through and after the interview. There's still a wedding to plan!

Yea I guess you have a point there Casper at least then they will be able to see how much you care about the other person instead of them just looking at forms that they have read a MILLION times!

Hahaha you know whats funny I thought of them in almost the EXACT same way. I pictured them as like the OOMPALOOMPAS from Willy Wonka and every time they had to read another letter of intent they would almost snap. I really don't think I could ever do that job.

Oh I heard about that interview story too! Very cute.

Very true!!! After all of this paperwork and talking about this whole process it will be nice to plan something fun! We have it pretty much planned on what we would like to do. Do you guys have a rough idea for the wedding?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

ooooooooooh, that was one of the cute stories on Ecuador´s portal page under Embassy reviews. Unfortunately, the rest are downright damn scary! Don´t read before your interview, they will freak you out, even if they are Ecuador specific. But I will be there, no matter what.

Is anyone else spending this Memorial Day weekend (in US) completely consumed with preparations to unite with your significant other? I´m washing clothes, starting to set aside what I will pack, writing in a journal the names and numbers of the hotels my family will be staying at when not with my new in-laws, buying new shoes for a treck in the rainforest, planning outfits!!! (etc)

Hey, on the subject of in-laws, has anyone else been webcam chatting with them? I have. So neat!!! Now they call me on the phone to wish me happy birthday! My mother-in-law is worried silly about how to cook for my boys during the visit. I tell her whatever is norm, it would be good for them to experience the difference, but she frets that she wants us to be comfortable.

Oh, and Ivan gave up his apartment and resigned his job back in Sept. to come visit me, and since being turned around at POE in Sept. has been staying at his parent´s house in the spare bedroom waiting word to come and be with me. He helps them a TON because of their age and before my visit next week he decided he would even put a new coat of paint in their LR, dining room, stairs, and painted two of the bedrooms for our stay. terracotta color I understand, and a green too (although it´s bright!) but purple? As in lilac? Very sweet of him to paint our room, lilac it is. lol, think I will be picking the colors in our new house in the States. Yikes!

So much activity. My son is graduating this Wednesday, end of the school year (job) activities, and mostly preparing for this teaching fellowship down in Ecuador. Lining up visits to schools there. So much to do, it keeps me distracted from focusing only on if my packet is still at NVC or if it left (although you can bet I will call them Tuesday to find out!)

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Yea I guess you have a point there Casper at least then they will be able to see how much you care about the other person instead of them just looking at forms that they have read a MILLION times!

Hahaha you know whats funny I thought of them in almost the EXACT same way. I pictured them as like the OOMPALOOMPAS from Willy Wonka and every time they had to read another letter of intent they would almost snap. I really don't think I could ever do that job.

Oh I heard about that interview story too! Very cute.

Very true!!! After all of this paperwork and talking about this whole process it will be nice to plan something fun! We have it pretty much planned on what we would like to do. Do you guys have a rough idea for the wedding?

Yeah, I read that story. If only it was that easy for everyone :) I think of them like the monkeys in that episode of the Simpson's that Mr Burns has writing a book or something - but in that windowless room and with lots of coffee.

Definitely better to be in a room with someone than trying to convice them of a relationship using a piece of paper.

We were thinking of having the whole shebang (not that it'll really be like that, just small and nice) a couple of months after I arrive, but since neither of us really did anything towards it we're going to do the registry office thing (my kind of style) and then have a blessing ceremony (Yuri's thing) later in the summer or early autumn. That gives us time to sort things out and for anyone who can come to come. I think my Mum is more keen on the wedding part than I am, I'd be happy with the registry office and a party. At least I get to wear a pretty dress (2 in fact!).

What about you, Meggy? What are the plans? And you too, Caspar?

ooooooooooh, that was one of the cute stories on Ecuador´s portal page under Embassy reviews. Unfortunately, the rest are downright damn scary! Don´t read before your interview, they will freak you out, even if they are Ecuador specific. But I will be there, no matter what.

Is anyone else spending this Memorial Day weekend (in US) completely consumed with preparations to unite with your significant other? I´m washing clothes, starting to set aside what I will pack, writing in a journal the names and numbers of the hotels my family will be staying at when not with my new in-laws, buying new shoes for a treck in the rainforest, planning outfits!!! (etc)

Hey, on the subject of in-laws, has anyone else been webcam chatting with them? I have. So neat!!! Now they call me on the phone to wish me happy birthday! My mother-in-law is worried silly about how to cook for my boys during the visit. I tell her whatever is norm, it would be good for them to experience the difference, but she frets that she wants us to be comfortable.

Oh, and Ivan gave up his apartment and resigned his job back in Sept. to come visit me, and since being turned around at POE in Sept. has been staying at his parent´s house in the spare bedroom waiting word to come and be with me. He helps them a TON because of their age and before my visit next week he decided he would even put a new coat of paint in their LR, dining room, stairs, and painted two of the bedrooms for our stay. terracotta color I understand, and a green too (although it´s bright!) but purple? As in lilac? Very sweet of him to paint our room, lilac it is. lol, think I will be picking the colors in our new house in the States. Yikes!

So much activity. My son is graduating this Wednesday, end of the school year (job) activities, and mostly preparing for this teaching fellowship down in Ecuador. Lining up visits to schools there. So much to do, it keeps me distracted from focusing only on if my packet is still at NVC or if it left (although you can bet I will call them Tuesday to find out!)

This Memorial Day, Yuri went canoeing and camping with friends and I have come to Guernsey (a Channel Island) to catch up with friends. So, not doing anything towards emigrating!

My future in-laws don't like the idea of me and don't know me, so I'm just trying to spend as little time in communication with them as possible - horrid in-laws seem to run in my family. However, my parents like Yuri so that's good.

Have you got any wedding planning sorted, EE?

I have spoken with Angelo's mother on the phone once. She seems real nice but I know she isn't very involved with his life so I won't be seeing much of her. None of his family is. I have met one of his sisters though! He has met my family since we stayed with them the last time he came to visit. He really enjoys them and vice versa.

That is really exciting about your son graduating! I hope you hear soon that it left the NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.