TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!! After almost 5 long months. whew. Hey, I bet it beats me down to Ecuador and about the time I get there it will be showing up in their computer system just waiting for us to send in the paperwork! The question is....will Guayaquil, Ecuador be ready to interview him BEFORE I am set to leave the country July 6th??? To be determined. Oh, happy dayyyyyyyy :dance::dance::dance:

Interestingly enough, no touch except for middle of last month....then no touch today...just a text at 9:30pm Central Standard Time. SOMEBODY is working late in California or else the computer held the info a while before sending it out!!!

Congratulations ! :)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!! After almost 5 long months. whew. Hey, I bet it beats me down to Ecuador and about the time I get there it will be showing up in their computer system just waiting for us to send in the paperwork! The question is....will Guayaquil, Ecuador be ready to interview him BEFORE I am set to leave the country July 6th??? To be determined. Oh, happy dayyyyyyyy :dance::dance::dance:

Interestingly enough, no touch except for middle of last month....then no touch today...just a text at 9:30pm Central Standard Time. SOMEBODY is working late in California or else the computer held the info a while before sending it out!!!

:dance: :dance: CONGRATS!!!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh, you guys are all GREAT!!! Thanks so much for the support. Well, if the interview gets set for after my ticket date....I´ll just have to pay the fees and stay extra! I´d love that... (we teachers can stay longer in the summer). Not sure how my ex would feel about keeping our son there extra, but if he insists the little guy go home then my 18 year old will accompany him back to the states while I stay. Plan B. Plan A is...packet gets there in two weeks, interview is 4 to 5 weeks after that (yes, they are processing faster than usual right now), and ideally he comes home with us. Plan C we don´t discuss, being positive people and praying a lot.

Stephanie

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Same question to you, Y&E. What did you do once the packet was on it's way to the embassy? Your timeline says it only took 3 days(!) to get from the NVC to London. Wow, I hope mine is so fast!

Feels like life is rockin' and rollin' now!

Wonderful news, Caspar! Yeah, it was a really quick turn-around at the NVC and Yuri got notice that it had left quite quickly. Once I knew it was on it's way and had a case number allocated I booked my medical, and then I just waited. I had seen from the experience of other people going though London that the wait time once it arrived was about 5 -6 weeks before they heard anything so I figured there wasn't much point in trying to do anything. Unfortunately, London sped up from March onwards and now everyone but me who is on the LON 2010 waitlist forum with a March NO2 date (and some April people) have received their interview.

So basically, in a round-about way what I'm trying to say is find out what the average wait time at your embassy is and work to that.

As it is Yuri spoke to the DoS yesterday and got the trully helpful information 'You're in they system and someone's been assigned to your case' and 'It says you're waiting to be allocated an interview' - like we didn't already know this information. They couldn't even tell him if the release for my NZ police cert had been sent to NZ. Useless bunch of bureaucrats!

There's never any harm in calling the DoS but I don't know what the proceedre is for the Kiev Embassy so no idea if they'll be able to help you or not. I'm loathe to call the UK Embassy because it's £1.20 from a landline and who knows how much from a mobile. No wonder it's nicknamed the Extortion line! There's no point in wasting the money if there's no information to be given.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks E, I did spend about 4 hours yesterday on the DoS and Ukraine embassy websites and learned a lot of good info. (What will we all do with our free time when we don't have to do all this research anymore??). I think you and Meggy are right, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on the RUB forum (Russia-Ukraine-Belarus) and they will know better what the wait times and procedures are for Kiev.

For what it's worth, Diana is in a state of panic right now as the reality sinks deeper. :) Being divorced in the Ukraine means that you surrendered your marriage certificate at the time of divorce so bringing it to the interview is, ah, problematic! Also she was born in what is today Russia but lived in various parts of Ukraine and so has to get police reports from three places in two countries! ugh. I think I already mentioned that for her to close her little consulting business is a 3-6 month process with multiple visits to multiple agencies. And we hate our bureaucracy! I told her to just do only what has to be done for her to come home (USA) in June. Fingers crossed!

~Casper

Hey Casper,

Wow she has to get a few police certificates eh. Well hopefully it is able to be done quickly. Some places take awhile to get them. For mine it took them a week.

Yea now that it is going to all be happening so quickly I can imagine her head will be spinning. That is exactly what I am like right now! With me going over every single document I have for the interview 3 times a day and nagging Angelo to hurry up and send that stuff to me! Ugh I am just getting so frustrated with him! And that is my vent on that had to say it lol.

But yea even though she has a bunch of stuff to do she must be getting so excited!!

But yea I hope you find all the proper info on the other forum. I would hate to give you some wrong information!

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Timeline

Hello December Filiers! No real new news to report. Just thought I'd say hi to the few of us out there who still read this forum! I expect my package will be at the embassy in Kiev sometime this week. Diana said to wait until I talk to her on Wednesday to call and set an interview date. She's just not sure she can get everything together for my planned June 16 interview. I hope so!

In the meantime, I'm leaving today for 5 days at Zion National Park where I'll meet some buddies for our annual testosterone get away. A day of golf and 4 days of hiking the "slick rock" sandstone of one of the most beautiful areas in the world!

I hope everyone is good, happy, and making progress with their visas. :)

Hello December Filiers! No real new news to report. Just thought I'd say hi to the few of us out there who still read this forum! I expect my package will be at the embassy in Kiev sometime this week. Diana said to wait until I talk to her on Wednesday to call and set an interview date. She's just not sure she can get everything together for my planned June 16 interview. I hope so!

In the meantime, I'm leaving today for 5 days at Zion National Park where I'll meet some buddies for our annual testosterone get away. A day of golf and 4 days of hiking the "slick rock" sandstone of one of the most beautiful areas in the world!

I hope everyone is good, happy, and making progress with their visas. :)

Hey Casper,

I check this forum everyday! I wish we could all post more but I think we are all at crucial stages in the process so that means we aren't paying attention to anything else but that.

Oh I hope you get the interview date on June 16th. That would be great if we had our interviews around the same time.

Also I have re thought staying here for another month after the interview and it is not gunna happen lol.

As soon as I get my visa I am gunna hop on the plane and head home finally! It does feel like I have been on a very long lame vacation. But anyways I hope Diana can get everything together in time!

How about everyone else any news?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hmm. My package is finally to the NVC. Don't know how long it will be there, hopefully no problems. I am hearing that Ecuador is taking a long time to process Visa interview dates. About 2.5 months, as they are busy processing Non-immigrant visas. They are filling already into end of July. So it looks like I will go visit (25 more days till I leave) with Mitch and Collin, stay, play, focus on family and fun, and we will do our best to set the interview date while I am there visiting. I will have to return to US with my boys, and cough up the money for another ticket end of August. Good news is, now we know that is what to expect...and accept...and in any event changing two tickets would have been pricey. It will be calling it darn close to back to school time for me!

Best of wishes to all of you interviewing. While you interview, I will be vacationing. I'll post pics of my tirp and connect my Picassa pics if others do too!

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Hey all I FINALLY faxed packet 3 today to the consulate in Vancouver! I can't believe it it only took a month :bonk:

Oh well it is done and I should know my interview date in a few days!!!

Ahhhh super excited

So I faxed my checklist an hour ago and I already have my interview date!!!

June 17th at 1PM!

I cant believe how fast that was!!!!

I am officially bouncing off the walls with excitement!! I just sent my request for my medical for the day before the interview as well. YAY almost done :dance:

Timeline

That's great news, MeggyMo!!! Yippee! I'm still not sure when I will be doing an interview. There are still some document issues. Diana is afraid there is a new birth certificate that she has to get. Should know soon. I hope!

Good luck. You will have no problems. :)

Awe thanks Casper! Yea I couldn't believe how quick that went! Faxed it then an hour later and I had the date. Same with my medical they responded back to me today confirming my appointment I didn't think I would hear from them for a couple days!

So everything is happening super quick!

I can't wait I am gunna be back in Ohio with Angelo so soon.

We have also decided on a date for the wedding ( if everything goes as planned)

August 20th I will be Megan Mocella! (HOPEFULLY)

Oh what is up with her birth certificate? Does she not have the long version?

I hope you guys can get everything together soon. Im rootin' for team Casper and Diana! :dance:

Congrats Meggy (btw - I'm jealous and I hate you :no:) I'm really pleased for you.

Sorry, I'm just getting really bitter about this whole process because London just seems to be giving me the runaround. So much for getting there in June - August is looking to be a more likely prospect now. I kind of want to cry :crying:

Caspar, I'm sorry to hear that there are some more difficulties with your documents. I'm worried about my B/C now because NZ doesn't issue a 'long form' it just issues one type that has all the parental info so I assume that's long form (luckily I brought it with me to the UK - it also has the scoring for a long ago game of scrabble on the back!). I hope that Diana doesn't have any problems with getting all of her documentation and you get the June interview date that you desire.

Best of luck Meggy. Have fun planning the occasion when you become Mrs Mocella (that's a nice name, I get Zubkus :blink: wish I could get Yuri to take my name :).

Edited by Y&E

Congrats Meggy (btw - I'm jealous and I hate you :no:) I'm really pleased for you.

Sorry, I'm just getting really bitter about this whole process because London just seems to be giving me the runaround. So much for getting there in June - August is looking to be a more likely prospect now. I kind of want to cry :crying:

Caspar, I'm sorry to hear that there are some more difficulties with your documents. I'm worried about my B/C now because NZ doesn't issue a 'long form' it just issues one type that has all the parental info so I assume that's long form (luckily I brought it with me to the UK - it also has the scoring for a long ago game of scrabble on the back!). I hope that Diana doesn't have any problems with getting all of her documentation and you get the June interview date that you desire.

Best of luck Meggy. Have fun planning the occasion when you become Mrs Mocella (that's a nice name, I get Zubkus :blink: wish I could get Yuri to take my name :).

Aw I'm sorry. I kind of forgot how much it upset me when other people gloated about their good news.

I just can't believe that this is taking so long for you. I mean it is just nuts. I wouldn't be worried about your BC because all it requires to be "long form" is your parents info your info (of course) and then signed by the official. Also I believe it needs a raised stamp of some sort. I don't know what they are called so if you are confused about what that is I am sorry. It is like a that uhh some sort of special stamp they put on there and you can feel that it is raised above the paper. Hahah wow I just made myself sound super intelligent there but yes that is considered long form so I am sure every country's is different.

Thanks yea I like how it sounds I especially like Meggy Mo it just kinda sounds bad a** LOL.

Hmm Zubkus that isn't bad at all. Pretty exotic! You get your new last name with a Z not many people have that!

I am glad to be taking Angelo's name thats for sure. My name right now is....MECHALCHUK.

I'm Ukrainian so well yea that explains all of that :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.