TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Wish I could say that after a touch (4 and a quarter months after NOA1) on April 29th that something progressed. nope. Our Senator representative´s inquiry caused a touch only. Still waiting for the magical NOA2. Going on 5 months. In the meantime we are on a countdown for my trip to Ecuador. 34 days to go. If California isn´t on our case this week, I´m not even sure if we will get to the interview part while I´m there....and we were thinking originally he would be postponing the interview until mid June! Yikes!

Come on California! We want the whole family to come home in July...

I'm sorry to hear that there still has been any movement on your case :(.

On the plus side you are inching towards the 5 month moment so you can then make a formal inquiry on your case and see what the hold up is. Hopefully it won't even get that far.

That is really exciting about your trip though!

I really think as hard as this is you just have to start thinking about where you are at right now. The moment you stop thinking about it it happens. I know that is hard but when Angelo came to visit we got good news and I think it was because my mind wasn't on the whole process it was just on him being there with me.

It helps to be able to shrug off all of those feelings doing the k1 process does to you. Its really a nice break for your head.

I really hope you guys hear good news soon and get that July family reunion you are hoping for :)

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

I'm sorry to hear that there still has been any movement on your case :(.

On the plus side you are inching towards the 5 month moment so you can then make a formal inquiry on your case and see what the hold up is. Hopefully it won't even get that far.

That is really exciting about your trip though!

I really think as hard as this is you just have to start thinking about where you are at right now. The moment you stop thinking about it it happens. I know that is hard but when Angelo came to visit we got good news and I think it was because my mind wasn't on the whole process it was just on him being there with me.

It helps to be able to shrug off all of those feelings doing the k1 process does to you. Its really a nice break for your head.

I really hope you guys hear good news soon and get that July family reunion you are hoping for :)

I agree with Meggy

Oh and that is exactly what I hate about Fridays now! Well at least you guys got a hold of someone and are on the right path!

You will have to tell us as soon as you can when your fiance gets the interview date! YAY DECEMBER FILERS :dance:

Well we followed up with the lady at the embassy on Sunday and she said they person was out for a while he got back today ( i thought YOU were responsible and now there is another person, whatever). So she asked us to be patient, and they will call us blah blah blah.

So my fiance got a call from embassy this morning asking to come on Wednesday to drop off the paperwork, no interview. hmm.

Anyone heard anything like this before where they ask for paperwork ahead of time without interview?

Well we followed up with the lady at the embassy on Sunday and she said they person was out for a while he got back today ( i thought YOU were responsible and now there is another person, whatever). So she asked us to be patient, and they will call us blah blah blah.

So my fiance got a call from embassy this morning asking to come on Wednesday to drop off the paperwork, no interview. hmm.

Anyone heard anything like this before where they ask for paperwork ahead of time without interview?

Well that is odd. I know every embassy is different and they require different forms ahead of time that others don't. What embassy are you going through? And if your fiancee can just go drop off the paperwork she must be very close to the embassy.

I really have not hear of this happening it would be best to go to the forum that is the country of origin of your fiancee and ask them :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, FINALLY today I made the 100th call to the NVC and this time the application was there! Oh, YAY! I even have the new number the embassy will use. Now I have my Senator's Aide and a 'new-best-friend-manager-type' at the NVC trying to kick it out of New Hampshire and on to the embassy in Kiev. Despite an e-mail to me, an e-mail to the Senator's aide, and a hard copy letter from USCIS no one ever said why it was sent to the NVC on May 3 even though I have a hard copy NOA2 that says April 12th. Well, I'm just glad to have it out of the hands of the incompetents at CSC.

By the way, for any of you that are still struggling with the CSC you can send an inquiry to Csc-NCSC-FollowUp@dhs.gov Be sure and include your case number. You will probably get an automated reply back such as:

If you are asking for a status update you must contact the NCSC. We will not respond to your status update inquiry.

In order to assist you in a timely manner, please include the following information with your inquiry (Send a follow-up email including this information if it was not included in your first request to this e-mailbox):

· The service request management tool (SRMT) inquiry number that you were given when you called the NCSC,

o If you have called the NCSC and they informed you they are unable to complete a SRMT please provide a brief explanation.

· The date that you contacted the NCSC,

· Your name and receipt number and/or A-number, and

· If available, the name of the NCSC Customer Service Representative you spoke with.

After responding to that you should get a reply back in 1-2 weeks. I never did have an SRMT, just the name of the supervisor I spoke with. When you call the CSC always write down the name of the person you talk to and never speak to the first person who answers the call. They are useless contract employees that only read from a script. Always ask for a supervisor and include their name when you send the inquiry.

Good Luck!

MeggyMo, are you an American yet??? :)

~Casper

Hey Casper that is great news!!!

I am super happy for you guys.

Sadly no I am not there yet Angelo is taking so long to send off all the stuff. I know he is super busy at work but it is getting frustrating I just wanna be there with him :(

He said he will definitely have it mailed out on Wednesday though so that is the plus. So i am just patiently sitting in Canada waiting for the paperwork so I can get my interview date. I am hoping for June 15th! That is the day after I get paid so I will have some cash on me jeeze I will for sure feel lighter in my purse after the trip to Vancouver!

Timeline

Hey Casper that is great news!!!

I am super happy for you guys.

Sadly no I am not there yet Angelo is taking so long to send off all the stuff. I know he is super busy at work but it is getting frustrating I just wanna be there with him :(

He said he will definitely have it mailed out on Wednesday though so that is the plus. So i am just patiently sitting in Canada waiting for the paperwork so I can get my interview date. I am hoping for June 15th! That is the day after I get paid so I will have some cash on me jeeze I will for sure feel lighter in my purse after the trip to Vancouver!

Hi MeggyMo! Yeah, feelin' a little better now but will be better still when the app leaves the NVC for Ukraine. Funny, on my new schedule & with a little luck, I'll be in Kiev for the interview the day after yours in Vancouver! The other funny thing I have noticed after reading hundreds of posts on VJ is that it seems one party is always much more anxious about the process than the other. Sometimes the guy, sometimes the gal. Sometimes the Petitioner, sometimes the Beneficiary. Diana is pretty patient to let things roll as they will. I'm like you and can't go 3 hours without doing something related to the visa!

Don't worry about Vancouver. Try to make it part holiday. It's a beautiful city and make sure to get down to the water and ride the ubiquitous water taxis. The Granville Island area is fun. The food is great. If the weather is nice the mountains are spectacular. Enjoy!

Hi MeggyMo! Yeah, feelin' a little better now but will be better still when the app leaves the NVC for Ukraine. Funny, on my new schedule & with a little luck, I'll be in Kiev for the interview the day after yours in Vancouver! The other funny thing I have noticed after reading hundreds of posts on VJ is that it seems one party is always much more anxious about the process than the other. Sometimes the guy, sometimes the gal. Sometimes the Petitioner, sometimes the Beneficiary. Diana is pretty patient to let things roll as they will. I'm like you and can't go 3 hours without doing something related to the visa!

Don't worry about Vancouver. Try to make it part holiday. It's a beautiful city and make sure to get down to the water and ride the ubiquitous water taxis. The Granville Island area is fun. The food is great. If the weather is nice the mountains are spectacular. Enjoy!

Oh I know I got super excited when my 50th call to the NVC gave me the good news! It will happen super quick Casper and before you know it she will be there with you :)

Oh that would be so awesome if we had pretty close interview dates. I will only be in Van for 2 days I am sure you will be in the Ukraine much longer than that. Is Diana flying back home with you?

I think I will be staying here another month after I get my visa I would like to visit with my family a bit longer and I have to settle everything up here as well.

I know I mean if I had it my way I would talk about the visa 24/7! I know it annoys Angelo though. We are both just quite tired with the process and since he is slow getting his stuff ready im getting all impatient and constantly bugging him.

My Aunt is actually coming with me to Vancouver which is nice I didn't really want to go alone. I'd be standing on the side of the road crying " I NEED AN ADULT!" hahah. So the first day we get there we are gunna do some sight seeing and she will be there to keep me calm throughout the whole ordeal!

Oh I know I got super excited when my 50th call to the NVC gave me the good news! It will happen super quick Casper and before you know it she will be there with you :)

Oh that would be so awesome if we had pretty close interview dates. I will only be in Van for 2 days I am sure you will be in the Ukraine much longer than that. Is Diana flying back home with you?

I think I will be staying here another month after I get my visa I would like to visit with my family a bit longer and I have to settle everything up here as well.

I know I mean if I had it my way I would talk about the visa 24/7! I know it annoys Angelo though. We are both just quite tired with the process and since he is slow getting his stuff ready im getting all impatient and constantly bugging him.

My Aunt is actually coming with me to Vancouver which is nice I didn't really want to go alone. I'd be standing on the side of the road crying " I NEED AN ADULT!" hahah. So the first day we get there we are gunna do some sight seeing and she will be there to keep me calm throughout the whole ordeal!

That sounds like a really great idea, Meggy. I hope that you get the date that you want. And Caspar, good luck in getting though the NVC quickly (that's been the only quick part of our process so far).

I'm still waiting. I bet they haven't even sent the request for police cert to NZ yet.

Timeline

Hey MeggyMo, Only 2 days in Van? That's not enough especially since you will be panicking for at least one of them! :) Yeah, I plan to be in Ukraine with Diana at least 1-2 weeks. We will have a couple days in Kiev getting ready for the interview (medical exams etc.) and then back to Donetsk to wait for the passport with visa(!) to show up a week later. Then it's Do Svidanya Ukraine! and Privet America! I can't believe you will stay another month in Edmonton before going to Ohio. What strength! When we have Diana's visa, ready or not, I'm throwing her and my-new-son Denys on the airplane for home! :lol:

So, I got MORE good news. The application left the NVC for Kiev today! Now I'm in unfamiliar waters. I know the whole USCIS and NVC routine backward and forward but the embassy stuff feels unfamiliar! I do have a handle on most of the forms and have compiled hundreds of pages of documents and supporting information already. All the "I" forms and "DS" forms are done. Bank statements, W2's, tax returns, blah blah. But what next? I guess I wait 7-ish days and then start calling the embassy to see if they have the package? God knows I don't want to wait until they send some snail-mail!

What did you guys do? Did you get an e-mail promptly when the packet arrived in Van or did you have to call and call until they had it? From your timeline it looks like it took 9 days after leaving the NVC.

Same question to you, Y&E. What did you do once the packet was on it's way to the embassy? Your timeline says it only took 3 days(!) to get from the NVC to London. Wow, I hope mine is so fast!

Feels like life is rockin' and rollin' now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!! After almost 5 long months. whew. Hey, I bet it beats me down to Ecuador and about the time I get there it will be showing up in their computer system just waiting for us to send in the paperwork! The question is....will Guayaquil, Ecuador be ready to interview him BEFORE I am set to leave the country July 6th??? To be determined. Oh, happy dayyyyyyyy :dance::dance::dance:

Interestingly enough, no touch except for middle of last month....then no touch today...just a text at 9:30pm Central Standard Time. SOMEBODY is working late in California or else the computer held the info a while before sending it out!!!

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!! After almost 5 long months. whew. Hey, I bet it beats me down to Ecuador and about the time I get there it will be showing up in their computer system just waiting for us to send in the paperwork! The question is....will Guayaquil, Ecuador be ready to interview him BEFORE I am set to leave the country July 6th??? To be determined. Oh, happy dayyyyyyyy :dance::dance::dance:
Congratulations, S., si man! You know what's necessary vis-a-vis Guayaquil -- be there whenever the interview is, "or else."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hey MeggyMo, Only 2 days in Van? That's not enough especially since you will be panicking for at least one of them! :) Yeah, I plan to be in Ukraine with Diana at least 1-2 weeks. We will have a couple days in Kiev getting ready for the interview (medical exams etc.) and then back to Donetsk to wait for the passport with visa(!) to show up a week later. Then it's Do Svidanya Ukraine! and Privet America! I can't believe you will stay another month in Edmonton before going to Ohio. What strength! When we have Diana's visa, ready or not, I'm throwing her and my-new-son Denys on the airplane for home! :lol:

So, I got MORE good news. The application left the NVC for Kiev today! Now I'm in unfamiliar waters. I know the whole USCIS and NVC routine backward and forward but the embassy stuff feels unfamiliar! I do have a handle on most of the forms and have compiled hundreds of pages of documents and supporting information already. All the "I" forms and "DS" forms are done. Bank statements, W2's, tax returns, blah blah. But what next? I guess I wait 7-ish days and then start calling the embassy to see if they have the package? God knows I don't want to wait until they send some snail-mail!

What did you guys do? Did you get an e-mail promptly when the packet arrived in Van or did you have to call and call until they had it? From your timeline it looks like it took 9 days after leaving the NVC.

Same question to you, Y&E. What did you do once the packet was on it's way to the embassy? Your timeline says it only took 3 days(!) to get from the NVC to London. Wow, I hope mine is so fast!

Feels like life is rockin' and rollin' now!

Oh my gosh I know I am gunna be a mess but the less time I spend there the better. I will want to just get home.

Well thats great you guys will have a ton of time to prepare and just spend time together in her home country since she won't be able to return right away.

Oh I know I don't really want to wait but I think I should for my family. I know they are super happy for me and they all adore Angelo but it is gunna be hard on them and I have been so preoccupied with all the visa stuff to really get a chance to just hang out with them.

When it comes to the embassy stuff I know every single one is completely different.

I found out from the NVC that they had sent my stuff to Van and I just kept emailing them until they sent an email back telling me they had received it. Then they sent me a letter ( packet 3) telling me to go online and download the instructions. BUT like I said every embassy is different my advice would be to go on the either the Ukraine page or the embassy page here on VJ and ask. Someone who is or has gone through that consulate could give you a much better answer Casper :thumbs:

Interestingly enough, no touch except for middle of last month....then no touch today...just a text at 9:30pm Central Standard Time. SOMEBODY is working late in California or else the computer held the info a while before sending it out!!!

Oh that is such awesome news!!! Right on you guys really deserve it after all your waiting! And good timing too!!! :dance:

I am crossing the usual body parts hopin you guys can get that interview while you are there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.