TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Congratulations! :thumbs:

No, Terri, that was not the reason. They understand that in this day and age digital photos do not have date stamps (you just write where and when it was taken).

Thing is, you can include 1000 of photos and no boarding pass - and they will send an RFE.

Photos are easy to forge, thus it's a secondary supporting evidence. Not just for I-129F, for all stages. AOS, ROC, whatever.

BUT! Photos in conjunction with primary evidence is a very good combo.

So true..we did include all boarding passes,hotel bills, complete photocopies of all our passports showing stamps etc as well as our photos with labels printed on the back stating when where who etc.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Morning All,

Certainly I understand the issue with being able to forge photo dates. Alas, I started my own "visa journey" before I discovered VisaJourney.com and thus relied on the assistance provided by the government. If I have a problem it is with the Instructions for Form I-129F. Section 5.A. simply says, 'provide evidence of meeting within the last two years.' It makes NO reference to what constitutes 'evidence.' However, the RFE I received was exceedingly clear on what is considered primary (ticket stubs, etc.) and states that even "film dated" photographs are considered secondary.

The same information in the RFE could have been included in the I-129f Instructions in 2-3 sentences. On reading the RFE forums here on VJ I found I was not the only one seduced by the simplicity implied in the instructions.

For the good of the couples to follow us, I think we should petition the USCIS to include links to VJ and recommendations to spend an hour or two on this site before submitting!

I should be express mailing the RFE response in one hour; 16 hours after I received it. Is that a record? :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Morning All,

Certainly I understand the issue with being able to forge photo dates. Alas, I started my own "visa journey" before I discovered VisaJourney.com and thus relied on the assistance provided by the government. If I have a problem it is with the Instructions for Form I-129F. Section 5.A. simply says, 'provide evidence of meeting within the last two years.' It makes NO reference to what constitutes 'evidence.' However, the RFE I received was exceedingly clear on what is considered primary (ticket stubs, etc.) and states that even "film dated" photographs are considered secondary.

The same information in the RFE could have been included in the I-129f Instructions in 2-3 sentences. On reading the RFE forums here on VJ I found I was not the only one seduced by the simplicity implied in the instructions.

For the good of the couples to follow us, I think we should petition the USCIS to include links to VJ and recommendations to spend an hour or two on this site before submitting!

I should be express mailing the RFE response in one hour; 16 hours after I received it. Is that a record? :)

Casper,

Very glad to hear you were so quick on turning around this RFE.

You are correct about government sites and forms not having good instructions. But, oh well, not everyone knows about VJ or hires an attorney or has someone else to guide them, so people will fall into that trap over and over and over.

All in all, you should hang out in RUB forums :P Soon you'll get your NOA-2 and you'll need consulate specific info which you will find there.

I'll be back around May. I'll have limited access to internet while in Ukraine, so once I get back, I'll write it up in a RUB forum for yours and others' benefit.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Sasha,

Just when I think I know what's going on, uh, what's a "RUB forum?" Is that the country-specific forums? Wow, you're going for the interview already! Wish I was going over too. At least it only took you a month from NOA 2 to Interview. Maybe I'll be in Kiev in mid-May! Your experience will be very timely for me. :)

Timeline

Thanks Sasha,

Just when I think I know what's going on, uh, what's a "RUB forum?" Is that the country-specific forums? Wow, you're going for the interview already! Wish I was going over too. At least it only took you a month from NOA 2 to Interview. Maybe I'll be in Kiev in mid-May! Your experience will be very timely for me. :)

Kiev is on about 1 week delay from inputting documents into the system and scheduling an interview. I called yesterday and was offered 13th for a date of the interview.

It took us about 12 days to be input into the system from the day DHL delivered our packet to Kiev.

RUB forums: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Russia-Ukraine-Belarus, got it. Yes, that's a good link too!

Well, the RFE response is in the hands of the USPS now. Hopefully lands back at CSC in the morning and now back to waiting. Gee, it was sure fun for 16 hours feeling like I actually had control of my destiny again! (And my wife- and son-to-be.)

Visa in hand -- I leave in 2 days :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Visa in hand -- I leave in 2 days :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sweeeeeet! That was fast! :thumbs:

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was asked a few questions and spent my time waiting talking to another lady who is married to the USC. They hired an Immigration Lawyer and she said they have given them nothing but grief & lots of misinformation. I told her about all you amazing people here on VJ and she said she had heard of this site but never came here.

I was asked:

Q. How did you meet?

A. We met in Second Life.

Q. Whats that?

A. An online game.

Q. When are you planning on travelling?

A. We are hoping for this weekend.

Q. What does he do for work?

A. He is a Windows System Administrator/Infastructure Analyst or I affectionately call him the IT Geek. (she laughed)

Q. How do you keep in touch?

A. We keep in touch via phone,email, msn, Skype whichever web cam program works best on the day really.

Q. DO you have any proof of the relationship?

A. (holding lime green folder full of it!) I said yes would you like to see the chat logs or the emails? She replied 'No its ok I found the photos and they are better'

Q. (She asked Rebekkah my daughter) Is that your brother?

A. Yes it is.

Q. Did he not want to go with you?

A. No he wanted to complete Years 11 & 12.

'Love the photos around Sydney...who took them?'

Oh a friend of mine who is from Seattle. We flew her in from Brisbane for the day to take our engagement photos.

'Ok everything is in order, your visa is approved. We will print out your visa & have everything mailed out to you in the satchel in the next 2-3 days. The yellow envelope you are not to open it, but keep it with you in your carry on and hand it over at the airport you come in to.'

Congratulations ! :)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Has anyone called them within the normal processing time and gotten a non-generic response?

You wouldn't receive a non-generic response until your five months is up

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Timeline

Bri's right. The staff at the USCIS 800-number are completely useless. Even after 5 months, all they can do is submit an inquiry to CSC on your behalf. Before 5 months they will do nothing. (But they are very polite!) Based on my recent personal experience, you can contact either of your US Senators or the US Congressman for your district and have them inquire for you. I talked to aides for all there of mine. One was clueless, one was "cluefull" and did inquire but would do no more, and the third was knowledgeable, interested, and willing to push to get something to happen.

My recommendation is to go to the Senator or Congressman who is most senior. They will be the ones who have been around to answer these questions before, have the staff dedicated to do it, and know who to talk to.

Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.