TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Morning All,

Alas, I have no news on the NOA II front. There hasn't been one pixel of change in the display of my case on the USCIS website since December 14th. I think if I were a songwriter I would write some sorrowful lament titled, "Frozen In Time."

In the meantime, to feel like I'm at least doing something, I just work on the next set of forms that we will (eventually) need at the embassy interview: DS-156, DS-156K, I-134, and that crowd pleaser the DS-230 Parts I & II!

MeggyMo, did you ever find out if your NOA 2 was linked to Angelo's contacting his rep? Regardless, today I have decided that I will contact one of my Senators and see if anything more can be done.

~Casper

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In the meantime, to feel like I'm at least doing something, I just work on the next set of forms that we will (eventually) need at the embassy interview: DS-156, DS-156K, I-134, and that crowd pleaser the DS-230 Parts I & II!

~Casper

DS-230 is not required for K-1 visas in Kiev.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

I am thinking about contacting my local senators as well.

The problem (another one) is, I have moved to another state since applying for K-1. I didn't change the address because some of my family is still at the old address and CAN receive mail there, although my own mail is being forwarded to the new address.. Should i contact the senator in the new state or old state?

Timeline

The problem (another one) is, I have moved to another state since applying for K-1. I didn't change the address because some of my family is still at the old address and CAN receive mail there, although my own mail is being forwarded to the new address.. Should i contact the senator in the new state or old state?

You are a tad bit over 3 months of processing time. What are your concerns (besides the move) that you want to contact your senator with?

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

You are a tad bit over 3 months of processing time. What are your concerns (besides the move) that you want to contact your senator with?

Same as many others who applied mid-to-late December and see January/February cases get approved before December.

Good Morning All,

Alas, I have no news on the NOA II front. There hasn't been one pixel of change in the display of my case on the USCIS website since December 14th. I think if I were a songwriter I would write some sorrowful lament titled, "Frozen In Time."

MeggyMo, did you ever find out if your NOA 2 was linked to Angelo's contacting his rep? Regardless, today I have decided that I will contact one of my Senators and see if anything more can be done.

~Casper

Hey Casper,

I am very sorry to hear that there is still no change for you guys.

Angelo received an email back today stating that she spoke to them but they told her the processing was going as normally. Then we just were touched and you know the rest. So she really did not have an affect on it it was just a coincidence.

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Timeline

Same as many others who applied mid-to-late December and see January/February cases get approved before December.

Yes, this process is very far from being fair and transparent. But in all honesty, unless you are beyond 5 months processing your senator will get the same response from USCIS as you - "the petition is within it's normal processing timeframe"

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

DS-230 is not required for K-1 visas in Kiev.

Pravda? That wasn't clear to me. I looked at the Kiev US embassy website and downloaded the KEV-1 form that details the tasks to do before the interview. It doesn't reference any forms except the I-134. However, the instructions for completing the KEV-1 say to complete and bring to the interview the I-134, the DS-156 (&K), and the DS-230 (I & II).

It's true that it says the DS-230 is for "immigrant visa applications" while the DS-156 is listed under "fiance'e applications." This is an area that has been confusing me. It seems that in some cases the K-1 is considered "non-immigrant" and yet at other times it is also considered an "immigrant."

Sounds like you are saying the K-1 is non-immigrant (at least in this case) and so the DS-230 is not required?

Looks like you are a month or more ahead of me in the to interview stage. I would appreciate hearing back how that part goes for you. My fiance'e is very nervous about it but I feel it will be a breeze.

Thanks!

~Casper

Timeline

Hey Casper,

I am very sorry to hear that there is still no change for you guys.

Angelo received an email back today stating that she spoke to them but they told her the processing was going as normally. Then we just were touched and you know the rest. So she really did not have an affect on it it was just a coincidence.

Thanks Meggy! I'm going to say that the effect of the call from the Congresswoman was ambiguous. Maybe coincidental, maybe causal. Who knows what motivates the USCIS?!

Timeline

Ooo, tough question. I suppose, technically, you should contact the representative in the state of your legal residence. Likely that is where you moved to if it was a permanent move (and not, e.g., to go to university or a military posting). More technically, the correct answer is probably where you are registered to vote.

That said, if you haven't done the change of address with the USCIS and you still have contacts at the old residence, I would use representative from the place you filed. But hey, what do I know?

~Casper

Timeline

Pravda? That wasn't clear to me. I looked at the Kiev US embassy website and downloaded the KEV-1 form that details the tasks to do before the interview. It doesn't reference any forms except the I-134. However, the instructions for completing the KEV-1 say to complete and bring to the interview the I-134, the DS-156 (&K), and the DS-230 (I & II).

It's true that it says the DS-230 is for "immigrant visa applications" while the DS-156 is listed under "fiance'e applications." This is an area that has been confusing me. It seems that in some cases the K-1 is considered "non-immigrant" and yet at other times it is also considered an "immigrant."

Sounds like you are saying the K-1 is non-immigrant (at least in this case) and so the DS-230 is not required?

Looks like you are a month or more ahead of me in the to interview stage. I would appreciate hearing back how that part goes for you. My fiance'e is very nervous about it but I feel it will be a breeze.

Thanks!

~Casper

Pravda, pravda, pover'!

K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, as far as the consulate is concerned. It's an immigrant visa in a non-immigrant clothing.

That checklist lists all sorts of stuff and it's also old. If you look at it, it says you have to fax it back with a request for an interview date. Also, isntruction package is useless, it doesn't even include DS-156K. That package is mostly for an immigrant visa if you look at all of the contents.

DS-230 is not required. I asked to be sure (asked when I phoned a call-center).

I will keep you posted how ours goes. I will be there for the interview too with her. Tell your girl not to worry, as long as everything is legit and you have your papers in order - Kiev is a good place to interview at.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Pravda, pravda, pover'!

K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, as far as the consulate is concerned. It's an immigrant visa in a non-immigrant clothing.

That checklist lists all sorts of stuff and it's also old. If you look at it, it says you have to fax it back with a request for an interview date. Also, isntruction package is useless, it doesn't even include DS-156K. That package is mostly for an immigrant visa if you look at all of the contents.

DS-230 is not required. I asked to be sure (asked when I phoned a call-center).

I will keep you posted how ours goes. I will be there for the interview too with her. Tell your girl not to worry, as long as everything is legit and you have your papers in order - Kiev is a good place to interview at.

Spasibo and thanks for the clarification! I did suspect the "age" of the instructions but figured it was a good place to start from for planning. Are you saying the KEV-1 is no longer required? (Sure, it is just a checklist). Where/when do you find out what is required for the interview?

Good luck with your interview. I'm using your schedule to estimate my time of K-1 completion once I finally get the I-129f NOA 2!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, this process is very far from being fair and transparent. But in all honesty, unless you are beyond 5 months processing your senator will get the same response from USCIS as you - "the petition is within it's normal processing timeframe"

It just seems bogus that so many petitions are being approved out of order.

I have worked in US municipal government for 15 years now and am still amazed at what is called "normal" at times...

12-14-2009 I-129F Petition sent

12-21-2009 Petition received CSC

12-24-2009 NOA1

12-28-2009 "touched"

12-30-2009 Check cashed

04-20-2010 NOA2 approved!

04-24-2010 NOA2 received hard copy

04-26-2010 NVC received petition

04-28-2010 NVC sent case to Montreal consulate?

05-07-2010 Montreal transferred case to Vancouver consulate!

05-18-2010 Vancouver received case and sent out Packet 3

05-21-2010 Received Packet 3 letter from Vancouver consulate

05-25-2010 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver consulate

05-31-2010 Received Packet 4 Vancouver consulate interview letter

06-09-2010 Medical exam appointment

06-23-2010 Vancouver consulate interview

08-24-2010 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

08-31-2010 NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

09-30-2010 Appointment for Biometrics

12-06-2010 AOS Appointment in Sacramento

12-10-2010 AOS Approved!

12-20-2010 Recieved Green Card

Timeline

Spasibo and thanks for the clarification! I did suspect the "age" of the instructions but figured it was a good place to start from for planning. Are you saying the KEV-1 is no longer required? (Sure, it is just a checklist). Where/when do you find out what is required for the interview?

Good luck with your interview. I'm using your schedule to estimate my time of K-1 completion once I finally get the I-129f NOA 2!

KEV-1 gives a pretty good idea of what's needed for the interview. I'll send you a PM

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.