TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Hey everybody it has been awhile.

I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying the new life. Yay for our 1 year since filing for all this anniversary lol.

We just filed for AOS not too long ago. Had a few things happen that set us back a bit. My mom had to undergo surgery. They thought she had breast cancer. She found out about this while she was in Ohio for my wedding. It was a long wait for the surgery and after they removed the lump further tests showed she did not have cancer! It was a difficult few months for me being so far away from her while all of this was happening. But now everything is great she is recovering well!

So Angelo and I have been enjoying being together but I have to admit I am going crazy not being able to work!

Once we get this AOS done I am going to an animal grooming school near by! I am so excited to start doing all of this and making my own money.

But Angelo did surprise me with a companion while he is at work! We adopted a cat from our local shelter! His name is Dub and he is 3 years old. The name is short for double since he has an extra 2 toes on his front paws! He is a great companion for me and I am so happy to have something to follow me around while I am at home.

So that is what is going on!

How about everyone else!?

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Greetings Fellow December-ers!

Are there any of us left? It's nearing the end of February 2011 now, 14 months-ish since we started the paperwork journey. I'm happy to say that Diana and Dennis got their Green Cards in the mail last weekend! Yay! We can leave the country AND return now. To celebrate we're going to Mexico for Spring Break at the end of March.

So now, no more paperwork for 21 months. Then we begin the next phase but I think each one gets easier. The AOS interview in Portland, OR was a piece of cake. I expect the Removal of Conditions in 2 years will be as well. One year after that (in 3 years from now) we can do the citizenship thing. We definitely will since Diana and I are international travel-aholics and it is so much easier on a US passport than a Ukrainian (except to Russia!).

Like Meggy Mo, we also have a new addition to the fam. Dennis begged us for a dog and we got him a puppy for his 15th BD at the end of December. Cody is 1/2 malamute, 1/4 black lab, 1/4 blue heeler and now 4 months old, cute as can be! (though no slipper is safe from those sharp puppy teeth!)

I hope all is well for all who read this (and everyone else too).

~Casper

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

It has been a long time since I have logged in. I am glad to read everyone is loving life in their new homes. Life here has been hectic as always. After my medical issues were resolved life returned to the usual rushed pace that it has had since I started working. The only difference was instead of working part time my work had me working 40+ hours every week and with Eric on 3rd shift and Bek in school I was not seeing my family a great deal. The kicker came when Bek told me she felt abandoned because I was working 6 days a week and Dad was sleeping through the day because he worked nights. I went into work that Monday and told my boss I want back to part time hours from 8-1 and every other weekend off. He was fabulous about it and finally got the district manager to approve hiring of support staff. I am now loving my hours and enjoying life with my family once again.

This winter has been beyond brutal. I am permanently numb with how cold it gets lol. I know most people on this thread are used to the cold from their home countries but this Aussie girl is not used to it in the slightest. I had never seen snow until I got here let alone had to drive in it or plow a driveway. Though it was fun to build my first snowman,have a snowball fight & wrestle in the snowbanks. I am just looking forward to spring!

Hope everyone else is doing as well...It is almost my 1 year anniversary of arriving in Ohio to be with my husband and I truly can not wait.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.