TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Hi I'm back online. Congrats to everyone who is here now or almost here. I'm glad to hear that you like Ohio, Meggy. Unfortunately I'm really not warming to Indiana (I never have). We seem to live in the middle of nowhere but downtown is only 15 minutes drive away. I don't have a car yet and I'm too scared to drive anyway so I'm feeling really isolated. And Yuri's parents want to visit and we don't get along very well.

I'm sure it will get better in time but so far the only thing achieved is a little bit of unpacking. I ironed for 2 hours this morning, what fun! Sorry for the whingeing. I'm so happy for everyone else and I really hope that you get your interview soon, Stephanie.

Emma x

Hey Emma,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough start to things but I am sure once you get used to your surroundings you will feel a million times better!

I haven't done too much since I have been here but today I tackled cleaning the bathroom!

The entire apartment needs to be completely cleaned top to bottom so I am happy I got started!

Also the flippin AC crapped out on us and it is like 90 outside! Ridiculous. But I got it fixed today so I am staying inside enjoying the cool air

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Emma I am so sorry you are having a rough start..I really hope that things improve greatly for you very soon *big hugs*

Meggy I am hearing you on the heat we are having at present..its 94 here today -- thank heavens for a/c or I would be wanting to die today LOL. We have managed to get the last few things we need for us to go away camping on Monday -- 2 days in Erie PA up at Presquile then 2 days up in Niagra Falls NY...truly can not wait! :dance: :dance: :dance:

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

All good here on the Left Coast, I'm happy to report! Diana is adjusting well and Denys could not be happier. This is a 14 year old boy who yearns for some male adult attention. We get along great and I have started teaching him how to throw an American football. He loves it all. This morning Diana is out looking for plants and flowers for my, uh, barren flowerbed while I'm at the office. Denys is sleeping in (surprise). While getting ready for work this morning I told Diana, do you know it is just 2 weeks ago today we were sweating bullets at our interview in the embassy in Kiev?

93 here in Oregon today (or 34C for those of you not from the US or Myanmar). Fortunately the AC is working and I think we will play hooky tomorrow and take the boat to the lake. Mm, yes, good idea!

Emma, hang in there! Your story is not unusual from what I have read. In fact for some women I have even heard they cried every day for the first year! (But it did get better after that) As the USC I can only imagine what it must be like to give up almost EVERYTHING just to be with the one you love. My hat's off to all you ladies who have made that choice.

Hey casper

I am so happy to hear everything is goin great on ur end! The heat yea I have never felt anything like this! Just craziness but as u said thank goodness for the ac. What a coincidence Angelo is playing hookey today as well. We thought hey we have waited so long why not just go shoot some pool and have a few beers! So that's our awesome plan for today. I am so happy to get on here and read about everyone's happiness with their new lives. Hey casper have u and Diana set a date for the wedding?

Timeline

Hey casper

I am so happy to hear everything is goin great on ur end! The heat yea I have never felt anything like this! Just craziness but as u said thank goodness for the ac. What a coincidence Angelo is playing hookey today as well. We thought hey we have waited so long why not just go shoot some pool and have a few beers! So that's our awesome plan for today. I am so happy to get on here and read about everyone's happiness with their new lives. Hey casper have u and Diana set a date for the wedding?

August 14th at our home in Bend, Oregon. All December Filers are Welcome! :D

ha, ha, you people and your aircon. I hate aircon and I turn it off when Yuri isn't home. What's the point of summer if I have to wear a jumper when I'm indoors :D ? So, I think that I deserve a place in the guiness book of records for most unpaid ironing done in one week. At least I don't mind ironing, I suppose.

Glad to hear that everyone is settling in. We're supposed to have thunderstorms here for the next week. The only one so far was the day we went to pick up our couch, typical!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So Ivan called the Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador, last Friday and they responded that they said we can finally set our interview date!!! We asked also about his boys, and they stated that policy at that US Consulate is that the children are allowed to interview at a later date if the desire, and it does not have to take place with the K1 recipient's. (Not true at some Consulates, all must interview together...) So Ivan was going to set his interview. But then I pushed him to go back one last time and talk to his boys. All three have been adamant that they are not interested in living in the States, only in visiting. Besides, the ex has primary custody (ages 15, 17, and 19). Nevertheless, we feel it is in the boys' best interest to get dual citizenship to guarantee being able to go back and forth and see their father, as the B1 Tourist Visa is never a 100% guarantee (could be revoked or not re-issued when expires if POE were to have fears single boys that age will come and overstay).

So at my insistence, Ivan went back to double check with the boys. Sure enough, after my visit to Ecuador, and seeing that their dad and I are stable and happy, and finally getting a good explaination as to why the Green Card is the safest way to keep family together even though they have a Tourist Visa right now, the two younger boys admitted they really do want to live with dad. A less common request in a still very traditional society when it comes to divorced parents. So Ivan went to talk to the ex, and guess what? She is ok'ing the boys to interview next month and come!!! Shocker, because if these youngest two children are out of the house, she has no rights to continued alimony and child support payments. FURTHERMORE, the house AND business were legally put soley into the boys' names after the divorce, so her saying yes was the unimaginable, but after three years of loving his boys but living apart, they will now be reunited under one roof here in Wisconsin.

Ivan is on cloud nine today!!! So excited to have his kids back. Despite lectures about the differences in lifestyles and chores here (yes, boys do and will help cook and clean), they have asked if they can live with Dad and me and go to school here. Wow. A bit more work for me, but we are all very, very excited and rushing to schedule 2 more medical exams! So there you have it December folks. My case is further delayed...but we are as happy as can be here. Word at the Consulate is that if we can get the medicals done this week or next, they have no problem setting us up for an Aug. 30th interview. I will squeeze in attending between Open House and teacher inservices and 1st day of school...

Please send your good vibes, and hopefully the Consulate will accept tons of photograph and paper documentation that these ARE his biological children, and not make us do the extra step of DNA proof.

I'll keep you posted. Stephanie and Ivan.

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Hey Steph what awesome news on your end!!!

Congrats. I am super happy for you guys.

A little bit longer of a wait for sure but definitely worth it! I am for sure sending the good vibes your guys' way. I am sure everything will go super smooth for you guys. :dance:

Timeline

Yay, good news from Ecuador! (finally!)

All good here in Oregon. Sooooper busy. Took one daughter to Univeristy of Oregon over the weekend for orientation over the weekend. Sigh, another little bird flies the nest. :( Today I need to call the high school and talk about bringing in a Ukrainian lad as a freshman. :)

Still no routine to life but everyone is happy. Well, almost everyone. The ex-, who would call the son only monthly when he lived in the same city, now calls every day. Annoying but I'm sure he will lose interest in that soon as he did when he was married. Denys really wants nothing to do with him and is very happy in his new life.

Wedding is one month from today. Have done NO planning! :help:

Yay, good news from Ecuador! (finally!)

All good here in Oregon. Sooooper busy. Took one daughter to Univeristy of Oregon over the weekend for orientation over the weekend. Sigh, another little bird flies the nest. :( Today I need to call the high school and talk about bringing in a Ukrainian lad as a freshman. :)

Still no routine to life but everyone is happy. Well, almost everyone. The ex-, who would call the son only monthly when he lived in the same city, now calls every day. Annoying but I'm sure he will lose interest in that soon as he did when he was married. Denys really wants nothing to do with him and is very happy in his new life.

Wedding is one month from today. Have done NO planning! :help:

Awe well that must be super exciting for your daughter though!! What is she taking?

You guys are just planning a small wedding right? To be honest we haven't planned much either. We were going to the marriage license office to get one today but Angelo's ulcer was really acting up. We will have to do that next week. But I am getting my dress this weekend so I am just so excited about that.

I am really happy to hear everyone is doing well on your end Casper!

Congratulations Stephanie. I'm so happy for you and your ever-expanding family :)

Don't worry about lack of planning everyone, we haven't even decided on a wedding date - could be because Yuri is still yet to 'officially' propose - the reason is that he's unhappy that the ring that I designed wasn't made right and I want it altered. I think a registry office do is pretty easy to arrange and then it's just about how big it's going to be.

Meggy - are you going to a bridal shop? I have a phobia of them and anything that's not the dress is being done via the internet :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, we now have wireless internet so I should be on more and we have a washing machine and dryer!

Emma xx

Hahaha awe Emma. Yup I am going to a couple bridal shop. I am super excited about it too. Im hopeful about finding something that looks good on me.

Oh that sucks about the ring hun. You will get it fixed up though! I wish I could have designed my own ring.

Timeline

Casper, now we are in the same boat! Oldest child is 20 and is packing not only to go back to colleg, but to move permanently into a house with friends. My second child is 18 and heading off to college, freshman year. And like you...I called yesterday about having a 15 year old moving in and attending high school. Good thing I WORK for the district's English Language Learner Dept. haha. I am worried about his classes, and Christian is asking when he can take driver's Ed. :blink: Daniel is 17 and I am trying to figure out what the school here wants to do since he officially is done in Ecuador. I THINK, since he retook a final exam, I could tell them to not award the diploma YET, if he wants to attend here a year for shits and giggles (social networking and English class, maybe phy ed. and computers, or some other fun class?) like exchange students do once they've fullfilled requirements in their home country. He keeps asking am I sure he can get a job? How much is a basic car, he says? :huh:

OK, regarding the dress. Don't fear the dress, haha. I bought a BEAUTIFUL dress online. Macy's.com So formal I am wondering if it will be over the top for our very small ceremony out back. We have no actual plans, yet, though.

Cannot BELIEVE Ivan's ex. signed over all custody rights to the youngest two. Crazy crazy woman. I guess she just wants to be able to do her thing, whatever that is. That means that they are in better hands here, as we are taking them and the extra costs are not an obstacle in our eyes, we just want the boys to be ok. Think she will stay in the house for now, even though she could be booted out and child support and alimony cut off, but one battle at a time...Oh, and on Monday night when she said, whatever, take them, and he did, Tuesday morning they were standing in the doctor's office and Ivan was asking for a (please) favor of the doctor to do the medical check on the boys ASAP as he is now allowed to schedule our interview but can't now that the boys need the evaluation first. His medical took two weeks from scheduling to actual exam. The doctor took pity on his situation and a liking to him, and did the boys' medicals ON THE SPOT! Every heard of that one?

And I truly wish we were out of rough waters, but not yet. The Consulate still holds the right to send us through much more of a process, but we will are hopeful that they will see how much love glue's this crazy Brady Bunch together, lol. PS. We now got a dog (puppy) to truly fit the Brady Bunch profile. Now where's the maid???

12/21/2009 NOA1

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

I am glad to read everyone is floating on cloud nine at present.

Ecuador that is super amazing about the boys..>YAY for a family being reunited.

Em I hope you can alter your ring quickly.

Meggy how did you go with the wedding gown hunt?? Any luck? I bought mine online as well from a site called eastbridal.com

Caspar I am so glad that everything is going smoothly for you in OR :)

We just returned from our belated honeymoon. 4 days in Erie PA & a day trip to Niagara Falls NY. LOVED the Maid Of The Mist boat ride...got some amazing photos of everything we did. Public link to the album on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=252996&id=810291631&l=3525159b60

I am hoping life will slow a little at present. We are having some huge issues with Bek. She has become this loud,rude & obnoxious girl...a total stranger to me. She argues & back chats constantly. I miss my daughter so much & no matter how many times we talk to her about her behaviour she still keeps going the way she is *sigh*

Anyway enough of my whining...time to go for a long drive to take our niece home.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Sounds like preteen girl behavior, and although unruly, probably normal since she has to deal with the reality of sharing mom. Fears of losing her place... Don't you think? hm. Understanding doesn't make it any easier to go through. Thank God my daughter is 20. She's having a hard enough time with this. Extra sassy talk too, in spurts and "whatever!" and "I won't be around anymore anyway"'s.

Casper, any reactions on the front with the boys? Just that my 8 year old is LOVING all this so far...the extra father he always wanted and the attention from stepdad that he has needed. But not so sure my new 15 and 17 year old stepsons will want the extra MOTHERING when they get here! Like me already asking them questions about who is sharing a bedroom, and pressure about what high school classes to take when they get here (and they JUST got on vacation, jeez!). So far all 5 of our boys have been super positive, respectful, and appreciative just to see mom and dad happy and in love. Terri, maybe it's more a girl thing...or the age...or most likely a combination of both...

Hang in there, and lot's o'love and patience. Stephanie

12/21/2009 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.