TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Congrats! Ya everyone is almost done and home with their loved ones. I am so happy for all of us!

BTW I am officially half packed. my room looks like a tornado hit it but I am halfway there!

I tossed3 large garbage bags of ####### that I wont ever use down there!

It is all coming together.

Emma you leave so soon! I am so excited for you

Where is your POE? What is ur flight like??

My room doesn't look like a tornado but it's very bare and is full of boxes! I took so much stuff to 3 charity shops yesterday (I wanted to spread the love) and now my room looks much better.

My POE is Chicago, Meggy and I fly via Paris which turns a 7 hour direct flight into about a 12 hour journey :( Oh well, it will be worth it just to get there!

I know how Diana feels, Caspar, but hopefully it will be alright - trust me, I had the biggest freak-out about all of this earlier in the year when I got back from visiting my parents in HK but after talking it through with them I managed to get over it and start looking forward to things again. I hope that Diana settles in easily and it will all be fine for her.

My room doesn't look like a tornado but it's very bare and is full of boxes! I took so much stuff to 3 charity shops yesterday (I wanted to spread the love) and now my room looks much better.

My POE is Chicago, Meggy and I fly via Paris which turns a 7 hour direct flight into about a 12 hour journey :( Oh well, it will be worth it just to get there!

I know how Diana feels, Caspar, but hopefully it will be alright - trust me, I had the biggest freak-out about all of this earlier in the year when I got back from visiting my parents in HK but after talking it through with them I managed to get over it and start looking forward to things again. I hope that Diana settles in easily and it will all be fine for her.

Oh Chicago is a great airport! I have been there through connections many times on my way to Ohio and everyone there was super nice!

12 hours just a little less time than me. I can't believe my flight is longer than yours and I live in Canada! Oh well thats what we get for booking late.

You must be so excited. Time seems to be just dragging on for me here. I cannot wait to leave!

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good trip Emma! Sheesh, you and Meggy have the connections from he**! We'll be coming back from Ukraine on Friday and it is also quite long, 2 layovers and 23 hours of travel before getting the hotel in Portland and then a 3 hour drive back to Bend on Saturday.

It will be fine though, except of course the airlines in their infinite confusion don't have our seats together. We'll try and change at the airport. Our drive back should be nice as we'll go through the Cascade Mountains and maybe go up to the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood for a quick sidetrip.

Happy Travels All! We leave in 70 hours. :D

Good trip Emma! Sheesh, you and Meggy have the connections from he**! We'll be coming back from Ukraine on Friday and it is also quite long, 2 layovers and 23 hours of travel before getting the hotel in Portland and then a 3 hour drive back to Bend on Saturday.

It will be fine though, except of course the airlines in their infinite confusion don't have our seats together. We'll try and change at the airport. Our drive back should be nice as we'll go through the Cascade Mountains and maybe go up to the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood for a quick sidetrip.

Happy Travels All! We leave in 70 hours. :D

Yea it ain't a pretty trip thats for damn sure BUT I am willing to do that just to finally be back home with Angelo!

Jeeze Casper you seem to be having nothing but trouble with the airlines! They lose your luggage and your seats! :bonk:

Anywho I can't believe we are all getting back home or bringing our loved ones back home at almost the same time!

What a great feeling guys. We all finally get to do what we have been talking about for months!

Big hugs to everyone!

PS I hope you have a safe and smooth flight today Emma!

Safe travels all...thinking of you all!

Things have been rough here the last few days -- Eric's best mate died over the weekend so he is seriously depressed atm. I feel lost in consoling him in any way *sigh*

On a bright note we mailed off AOS today YAY!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Sorry to hear the loss Terri. :( I'm sure Eric is just glad you are with him now. Guy's may not say much and when asked what you can do for them answer nothing, but they are comforted just to have someone important near to them.

Diana flew up to Kiev this morning to actually fetch the visas. FedEx called and said they had them yesterday but we knew they would likely not deliver in time for our Friday morning flight so planned to just go fetch 'em! Besides, Diana and I are both a bit controlling that way. :P:)

T -46 hours. But who's counting?

Sorry to hear the loss Terri. :( I'm sure Eric is just glad you are with him now. Guy's may not say much and when asked what you can do for them answer nothing, but they are comforted just to have someone important near to them.

Diana flew up to Kiev this morning to actually fetch the visas. FedEx called and said they had them yesterday but we knew they would likely not deliver in time for our Friday morning flight so planned to just go fetch 'em! Besides, Diana and I are both a bit controlling that way. :P:)

T -46 hours. But who's counting?

Sorry to hear that Terri. Like Casper said with you there for Eric it will make things much easier on him.

But congrats on sending the AOS. I can't wait to get that over with.

Right on Casper! :dance: Oh I am definitely counting with you. I am so excited. Today is the last day I can finish up packing. I am spending tomorrow with my Aunt in the city so she is gunna drive me to the airport early in the AM on Friday!!

Well guys this will be my last post for a couple days!

I can't believe the day is almost here!

I wanted to thank everyone for their support. It has been a long road and I am glad we all could do it together.

Now we have a bit of relaxation and of to AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

O my Gosh, I slip the country for three weeks and everybody gets approved and Terri gets married. A HUGE congratulations to all you regular December filers who still post. Your patience has paid off, and Terri, my condolences to your new family.

My trip to Ecuador went fantastic. Ivan's family is fabulous (minus his ex) and his mom cooked so well for us my kids adjusted well to the food. We went ziplining suspended through the rainforest canopy, repelling down a waterfall rock face, swam in hidden waterfalls, had monkeys climb on us, canoed in a dugout down the Amazon tributaries with the Shuar tribe Shaman's son, then had is dad do a "cleansing" ritual on us, stood on the equator line, went out drinking with our second born sons singing kareoke together, had a few fights over driving (lack of) rules, learned more of each other's bad side and how to go about making peace again, and...of course, visited several schools to study the educational system for the grant I won. BUT, one thing we did not get to do while I was there was interview!

As of this last Wednesday the US Consulate in Guayaquil posted on their website that our case is "ready to interview". Ivan called yesterday after paying the $12 at the Bank of Guayaquil to obtain a PIN code (proof of payment for the Consulate worker to be willing to attend your call), but when he got to the bank, he found out they won't do that service after noon, so I am forced to suffer until Monday and through the weekend. I suspect the first call will produce a "call back in a few weeks" response (standard protocol there) and maybe call two or three will produce an actual interview date. Did any of you other people experience the interview cost hike? Went from $131 to interview up to $350 two weeks ago in Ecuador for non-immigrant (including K) Visas.

I just got back from a family vacation there and all the expenses, but looks like I will be heading back next month! I'll just fly in directly to the city where the Consulate is located, and might not be able to stay until the Visa arrives. Won't know for a week or so yet until our date is set. Can't buy our tickets as Guayaquil is infamous for rejecting more than other Consulates.

I may be the last Dec. filer hanging out there waiting, but we are staying positive, and as slow as things are, they are moving along. Keep your fingers crossed everyone, and stay connected. It was good therapy to read up on the last 6 pages of your posts and see all the approvals!

Stephanie

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Hey guys I'm here! Oh I missed Ohio so much. Its nice to be home and know u don't have to get back on a plane! Anyways that is great news about finally getting the interview all lined up Stephanie! I have my fingers crossed for you guys. Also imvhappy to see u had a good visit over there. Everything will go great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ivan called the US Consulate today and got the standard response...You are in the system but we are delayed about 8 weeks, call back in 8 weeks and then we will make you an appointment. Also had his call answered by some woman who gave him misinformation regarding the interviews for his children. Told us we needed an I 130 for each, and the kids needed their own case number. Jeez, (Wrong!) I told Ivan I've read up on this website and other people's encounters at this Consulate, and to disregard what she said as NOT accurate. We are a K1 not K3. That startled him a bit!

Anyway, we expected a 6-8 week wait from showing up in their computer list until actual interview, so according to our guesses, we are right on for normal Ecuador interview timelines once the actual consulate gets the packet. We should interview around Aug. 24th. A fellow Ecuador VJer who interviewed this week said they are moving along at about 100 interviews a day there. In the meantime, I am watching flights for next month, and we will call back and bug them again in about a week...lol.

Ivan is wrapping up the end of the year school meetings there, spending time with his boys, and finalizing legal docs with the ex, who has officially gone off the deep end asking for Power of Attourney over the boys' savings accounts, saying she wants to take the kids on vacation to the states, but saying she is waiting to see if she lands a bank loan for it, and asking for a notarized permission for said vacation out of the country with them (and then asking him to sign a blank paper which she will "fill in later", which was replied with "do I look stupid?"). On my end I am training the new family puppy, a 11 week old Havanese, and finishing up the follow up reports and work on the teaching fellowship. I will keep you December followers posted. Hopefully we can pin Guayaquil down to setting a date later next week...and find someone who can answer if his boys are recommended to interview at the same time, or if they can interview later on if and when they were to choose to pursue US citizenship (for now all three have lots of assetts and ties to Ecuador and say they are taking a pass on the option, believe it or not.

Stephanie

12/2006 Met while Ivan was in the US on a Turist Visa

12/15/09 I-129F Sent to California

12/21/2009 NOA1

5/11/10 K-1 Approved by CSC :)

6/9/2010 Traveling with my boys to spend a month in Ecuador

6/30/2010 Consulates list of "cases ready to interview"

7/5/2010 "call back in 8 wks and THEN we will set interview date"

July 2010 Three MORE calls-"now I can't book end of August, that's too far ahead to put on the calendar".

August 2010 Last-minute decision by two of Ivan's boys that they want the K2, two more weeks of drafting and Notorizing new legal custody agreements

8/12/10 A FIFTH PIN and call-- "call back just ahead".

8/16/10 A SIXTH PIN and call-- "we can book you for in two days, but if you want next Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, then call back later THIS WEEK, and we will book you for MONDAY MORNING". frustrated letter by me to Consulate email

8/17/10 Call from US Consulate Guayaquil, man profusely apologizing, books us for 24th.

8/24/10 K1 interview--denied--told he has a lifetime ban. Sad, sad, very sad day.

Currently investigating options on marriage...then 1.5 years of more wait.

Timeline

A quick update from Oregon: All is Well! Diana, Denys, and I made it to Portland on Friday night. Spent the night in a hotel and then drove to Bend (Central Oregon) Saturday morning. My girls were waiting for us and had the house full of flowers and even a "Welcome To Oregon" sign in English and Russian!

Crazy busy since getting back as I had some out of state guests until this morning and we are even back to this time zone yet. We got to enjoy the 4th of July celebration in the park during the day, a Bar-B-Que at my house in the evening, and fireworks (ours and the city's) at night.

Diana and Denys continue their English lessons at the local community college starting Tuesday. There there is the bank account thing, getting a social security number, and planning for a wedding in 5 1/2 weeks!

Still crazy busy but lovin' it. :)

WELCOME HOME CASPAR,DIANA,DENYS & MEGGY!!!

It is a crazy busy time now but none of us would change it at all...getting everything ready to marry,adjusting to life here etc...busy but oh so much fun!

Meggy -- let me know if there is anything I can do for you -- nothing a jump in the car wont fix :)

We spent our 4th of July out at Yankee Lake watching fireworks & 4wding...tonnes of fun..then the Sunday was a family picnic at my in laws place...I have not laughed so much in a very long time!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Glad to see everyone is happy and settling in!

I hope you guys get the interview date soon Stephanie!!

It would be great if we could get together sometime Terri since we are so close!

I am really enjoying myself here. Angelo and I had a great 4th of July. We had a BBQ at a friends place and then went to Canfield fair grounds for the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen!

I am so happy to be back here. Angelo and I are planning our wedding and I will be lookin for a dress here soon too.

We are planning the wedding for August 20th

Hi I'm back online. Congrats to everyone who is here now or almost here. I'm glad to hear that you like Ohio, Meggy. Unfortunately I'm really not warming to Indiana (I never have). We seem to live in the middle of nowhere but downtown is only 15 minutes drive away. I don't have a car yet and I'm too scared to drive anyway so I'm feeling really isolated. And Yuri's parents want to visit and we don't get along very well.

I'm sure it will get better in time but so far the only thing achieved is a little bit of unpacking. I ironed for 2 hours this morning, what fun! Sorry for the whingeing. I'm so happy for everyone else and I really hope that you get your interview soon, Stephanie.

Emma x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.