TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wait on the AOS talk, I'm not done yet!! :) I got to Ukraine on Saturday after a reasonable trip (as reasonable as 23 hours and 10,000 km can be) but of course, the airline lost my bag again! That's the third time in a row. Been spending a couple wonderful days with Diana and new son Denys. It's better every time we meet. :D Went to the ballet last night: 1001 Arabian Nights. Diana commented how ballet is universal and no language or translation is needed. True, but sometimes I STILL don't know what message they are trying to send me!

So, today is Monday. Tomorrow we take the overnight train to Kiev for the interview on Thursday. Fingers trebly crossed. Yesterday Diana and I both woke at 04:30 dreaming about documents! I think we were having the same dream--I was copying and she was stamping. Funny!

I'm taking some hope from your experiences that it will be simple, straight forward, and quick with a happy resolution. After all, we have tickets to be home on the 2nd and our first house guests on the 3rd!

Congratulations again, Miss Meggy!

Wait on the AOS talk, I'm not done yet!! :) I got to Ukraine on Saturday after a reasonable trip (as reasonable as 23 hours and 10,000 km can be) but of course, the airline lost my bag again! That's the third time in a row. Been spending a couple wonderful days with Diana and new son Denys. It's better every time we meet. :D Went to the ballet last night: 1001 Arabian Nights. Diana commented how ballet is universal and no language or translation is needed. True, but sometimes I STILL don't know what message they are trying to send me!

So, today is Monday. Tomorrow we take the overnight train to Kiev for the interview on Thursday. Fingers trebly crossed. Yesterday Diana and I both woke at 04:30 dreaming about documents! I think we were having the same dream--I was copying and she was stamping. Funny!

I'm taking some hope from your experiences that it will be simple, straight forward, and quick with a happy resolution. After all, we have tickets to be home on the 2nd and our first house guests on the 3rd!

Good luck, Good luck, Caspar, Diana and Denys!

I'm sure it will all go fine. You're so lucky to see the ballet over there, Caspar. I hope that you keep it up when you're back home. I love the ballet, did you guess?

I don't think that you should use that airline again - how can they lose bags in this day and age when bags aren't allowed on board without a ticketholder? Oh well, I hope you get it back soon.

Emma x

Hey Casper glad to hear you made it there ok minus the lost bag fiasco!

Jeeze and it isnt the first time it has happened to you either!? Wow I would freak out if they lost my bag.

Anywho sounds like you are already having a fantastic trip! And believe me it will only get better! I have heard a couple reviews of the Ukraine consulate and it seems like it isnt too difficult.

Especially since you are so prepared everything will go just fine!

We are all thinkin about ya and have our fingers crossed for you :dance:

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Hey Casper good luck tomorrow!!!

I can't wait to hear how it went :dance:

Good Luck Caspar!! Fingers crossed for you both that Kiev is wonderful for you.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Visa! Visa! Visaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! It's unanimous. Just got back on the night train from Kiev. Yesterday went flawlessly, if a bit long. Got to the consulate at 8am, checked in, gave the documents, then waited, waited, and waited. Finally, they called all in the room up to the window and said to go to lunch and be back by 1pm. Finally called to the interview about 1:30. I was asked a couple questions, well, more like told, 'hm, looks like you've met several times' (yes, 5) 'traveled together' (yes, 8 countries in 6 months) 'and you have enough money to support them in the US' (agreed). 'Ok, please sit down and I will ask Diana and Denys a few questions.'

2 minutes later, Denys came out. 5 minutes after that Diana came out with a smile from ear to ear!

Looks like we are going to America! We have tickets already for next Friday but will probably have to make another trip to Kiev to get the visa in time and not wait for FedEx. No worries. Life is good!

Yay!

Visa! Visa! Visaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! It's unanimous. Just got back on the night train from Kiev. Yesterday went flawlessly, if a bit long. Got to the consulate at 8am, checked in, gave the documents, then waited, waited, and waited. Finally, they called all in the room up to the window and said to go to lunch and be back by 1pm. Finally called to the interview about 1:30. I was asked a couple questions, well, more like told, 'hm, looks like you've met several times' (yes, 5) 'traveled together' (yes, 8 countries in 6 months) 'and you have enough money to support them in the US' (agreed). 'Ok, please sit down and I will ask Diana and Denys a few questions.'

2 minutes later, Denys came out. 5 minutes after that Diana came out with a smile from ear to ear!

Looks like we are going to America! We have tickets already for next Friday but will probably have to make another trip to Kiev to get the visa in time and not wait for FedEx. No worries. Life is good!

Yay!

Congratulations, Caspar. I am so happy for you all :dance: I hope that Diana and Denys enjoy their new life in America!

YAY CASPER!!!

I have been waiting to hear that awesome good news from you! I am so happy for you both...well I should say all 3 of you!

That is just fantastic.

I would just go pick up the visa so then you wont have to deal with the fiasco I just did!

Woke up at 5 this morning and decided to check on my visa. Apparently it went from BC to...ONTARIO yesterday. No clue why but I freaked! That is on the other damn side of my country for those who are unfamiliar with Canadian geography.

So I was so scared but all the Postal operators weren't working yet because well it was 5 AM. So I forced myself to go back to sleep. I woke up at 8 and went to call the Postal service. Right before I checked the tracking again and by some miracle it was in MY post office delivered today. Thank goodness! So yay I finally have it. We are booking the flight tonight!

But anyways enough about that lets all dance for Casper and Diana's success!! :dance:

YAY!!! CONGRATS CASPAR & DIANA!! So happy for you guys!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOOOT Meggy!!!

Looks like everyone is heading stateside YAY!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Congrats on the visa turning up, Meggy.

I'm off to the charity shops to drop stuff off and do last minute things in town. Then I'll be pretty much all ready to go except for some final packing. Roll on Tuesday morning.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiancee Nelly and her daughter start the journey from Cartagena to Seattle next Monday 6/28 and arrive in Seattle, WA 6/29. Pretty fast overall started the journey mailing in the packet December 8 and Nelly has had the visa most of this month. Nelly needed to finish some lose ends at home.

Glad to see so many others in the December Class of 2009 get approved and make their travel plans.

Good Luck to all

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2009-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-05

NVC Received and Forwarded to Consulate : 2010-03-12

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-12 Downloaded OnLine

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-15 Emailed Package 3, Confirmation of Email Package 3 2010-03-18

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-18

Interview Date : 2010-05-24 Approved

Arrive in Seattle, WA: 2010-06-29

Missouri Service Center

I-485 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-485 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

I-765 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-765 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

I-131 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-131 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

BIO Appt Seattle, WA : 2010-11-01 completed took about 2 hours had to verify name change for my wife

I-485 Appt : 2011-01-10

I-765 Approved 2010-12-16 (card production ordered could take 30 days)

I-131 Approved 2010-12-17

I-131 Recd Letter for Travel Auth. 2010-12-23

I-765 Card Received 2010-12-20

I-485 Approved 2011-03-31-2011 Yea

Greencard Received :2011-04-08

My fiancee Nelly and her daughter start the journey from Cartagena to Seattle next Monday 6/28 and arrive in Seattle, WA 6/29. Pretty fast overall started the journey mailing in the packet December 8 and Nelly has had the visa most of this month. Nelly needed to finish some lose ends at home.

Glad to see so many others in the December Class of 2009 get approved and make their travel plans.

Good Luck to all

Congrats! Ya everyone is almost done and home with their loved ones. I am so happy for all of us!

BTW I am officially half packed. my room looks like a tornado hit it but I am halfway there!

I tossed3 large garbage bags of ####### that I wont ever use down there!

It is all coming together.

Emma you leave so soon! I am so excited for you

Where is your POE? What is ur flight like??

Timeline

It IS nice to see everyone coming together. :) Well put Robert, it is very much like graduating (again)! The common pain, stress, studying, testing, and finally, the diploma! A little bitter sweet too, but clearly much more sweet than bitter. :D

We're maybe 10% packed. Diana's apartment is just starting to look like a tornado hit! Last night I went through all the documents and extra documents we brought for the interview and even after keeping one copy of everything we were able to toss about 10 lbs of paperwork! That frees up some more luggage room. :lol:

We fly out on Friday too. An oh-dark:30 flight from Donetsk to Kiev. Then Kiev to POE JFK. 4 hours in NY and then fly to Portland Oregon and overnight in a hotel. 3 hour drive home on Saturday, a few hours to orient and then our first out of town visitors come for a two day stay!

Diana is holding up very well. What a trooper! I definitely hit the jackpot when I found her (actually, she found me!). Some stress too. Last night she came over and sat on my lap and cried about giving up her plants to her sister. I think the plants were more a symbol than a cause. Today all is good. We have family coming to visit and then back to packing!

T -5 days and counting!

Good Luck to all

Congratulations, that's wonderful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.