TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

G'Day Ladies (and any Gentlemen still around!) Still moving forward here. I called Diana this morning and she was just getting on the night train from Kiev back to Donetsk (ugh, 12 hrs) after her and Denys' medical exam. Passed! She was also supposed to pick up her Police Report but when reading it she found an error so they are supposed to fix it and courier it to her by Monday. That made me hold my breath given the reputation of all things mail related in Ukraine! She seemed confident though so I am trying to relax. I leave a week from tomorrow for UA and our interview is on the 24th. Not much time left to get all our ducks in a row if one of them should step out of line. (How's that for a mixed metaphor?!)

As to working, yes, Diana CAN'T WAIT to get a job. I don't know what but likely it will be in something accounting/finance related. I told her that we don't need the money and this is an opportunity for her to consider anything she might have had a secret dream to do. We'll see. The first thing will be to get an SSN and then the EAD while filing the AOS while taking classes in ESL. (Don't you just love all the new acronyms we've gotten to learn in the last 6 months!)

Right now I have a daughter graduating from high school. Class is over, ceremony tonight, family party tomorow, then nephew's BD party on Saturday. So I am playing airport shuttle and hosting family at the house from around the country!

I bes' go make breakfast for the boarders...

That's fantastic that you're all prepared and ready to go, Caspar! Congrats to Diana and Denys for passing their medicals'. Fantastic mixed metaphor there!

Have fun with your family this weekend and good luck for the graduation.

Meggy, what is animal health technology? Is that like veteraniary nursing?

Kinda sorta. I could specialize in certain things from xrays to nutrition. It is basically yes like a vets aid but you do much more than it sounds and well I just think it would be a perfect fit for me :)

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Morning (or other appropriate salutation for whatever time zone you find yourself in when you read this!),

There is an interesting discussion going on in the RUB forum about food and favorite dishes from the Eastern European corner of the world. I'm curious what you are thinking about that part-of-our-every-day thing?

Meggy, my visits to Canada haven't revealed a lot of differences between CA and USA cuisine. Anything you're looking forward to or planning to avoid when here? (avoiding fast food is assumed)

Emma, I think I remember you are the USC and your man is UK? (Or do I have that backward?) Do you cook? What kind of cross-pond foods are you looking forward to (or avoiding)? My Sheffield buddies introduced me to many good things during my UK visits and I avoid the black sausage like the plague!

Terri, I've not been to your part of the world and other than Outback Steakhouse not sure how Aussie food differs. What treats will you bring Eric from Down Under?

Good Morning (or other appropriate salutation for whatever time zone you find yourself in when you read this!),

There is an interesting discussion going on in the RUB forum about food and favorite dishes from the Eastern European corner of the world. I'm curious what you are thinking about that part-of-our-every-day thing?

Meggy, my visits to Canada haven't revealed a lot of differences between CA and USA cuisine. Anything you're looking forward to or planning to avoid when here? (avoiding fast food is assumed)

Emma, I think I remember you are the USC and your man is UK? (Or do I have that backward?) Do you cook? What kind of cross-pond foods are you looking forward to (or avoiding)? My Sheffield buddies introduced me to many good things during my UK visits and I avoid the black sausage like the plague!

Terri, I've not been to your part of the world and other than Outback Steakhouse not sure how Aussie food differs. What treats will you bring Eric from Down Under?

Well the one thing that truly grosses me about concerning American food is that you guys have something called sausage gravy. You put it on your breakfast foods and it looks HORRIBLE! I will definitely be avoiding that. I wish you guys had poutine and donairs I will miss that quite a bit. Maybe I should open up a Canadian Restaraunt..Poutine and Maple syrup for everyone!

Caspar, you do have that the wrong way around and you're missing a country :) I'm actually a Kiwi but I've lived in the UK for the past 3 years (my Mum is from Sheffield). I have a really sweet tooth so I'll be missing the sweets that you can get here but even more I miss the ones from NZ because there's a very big selection there. Yuri reckons that chip dip is better over here in the UK than in the US so he misses that whenever he goes home.

I think mainly the fact that the culture is to eat a lot more fresh food in NZ / UK than in the US (sorry if that's a real generalisation) but from what Yuri says fresh food is much more expensive than processed food. I actually enjoy finding new food and things in all the countries that I go to so I find I look forward to that rather than miss things. I miss certain restaurants more than certain foods :) And you can BBQ anywhere in the world but only the US seems to do it with all those secret sauces and stuff, so that's different.

Time to go back to more packing. Had a panic this weekend about it now that Yuri has gone and taken my winter shoes and coats with him. Hope that he doesn't get too much stick over having all of my shoes in his hand-luggage :P

Caspar, you do have that the wrong way around and you're missing a country :) I'm actually a Kiwi but I've lived in the UK for the past 3 years (my Mum is from Sheffield). I have a really sweet tooth so I'll be missing the sweets that you can get here but even more I miss the ones from NZ because there's a very big selection there. Yuri reckons that chip dip is better over here in the UK than in the US so he misses that whenever he goes home.

I think mainly the fact that the culture is to eat a lot more fresh food in NZ / UK than in the US (sorry if that's a real generalisation) but from what Yuri says fresh food is much more expensive than processed food. I actually enjoy finding new food and things in all the countries that I go to so I find I look forward to that rather than miss things. I miss certain restaurants more than certain foods :) And you can BBQ anywhere in the world but only the US seems to do it with all those secret sauces and stuff, so that's different.

Time to go back to more packing. Had a panic this weekend about it now that Yuri has gone and taken my winter shoes and coats with him. Hope that he doesn't get too much stick over having all of my shoes in his hand-luggage :P

Second the BBQ comment!! I plan on hitting EVERY BBQ joint I can find. We just don't have that kinda stuff here in Canada

Courier tracking says that I should receive my visa tomorrow! Yay!

Thought of other things that I miss: NZ marmite and pinapple lumps - my mum always brings me those; creamed rice (haven't noticed it in the US, it may be there). My room is starting to look empty.

Courier tracking says that I should receive my visa tomorrow! Yay!

Thought of other things that I miss: NZ marmite and pinapple lumps - my mum always brings me those; creamed rice (haven't noticed it in the US, it may be there). My room is starting to look empty.

Yay Emma! I am glad it will be there soon for ya!

All of those things spund so good. I might have to make a trip to NZ and taste some of that stuff myself!

Visa in hand!

Yuri is in a throughly foul mood though because he flew back through Newark yesterday and his connecting flight was cancelled. He didn't get home until after 1am. Don't know what happened but I'm sure that I'll hear all about it this evening.

Well everybody looks like it is my turn!

I leave tomorrow morning for Vancouver. I have my medical Wednesday and then the big interview on Thursday!

Wish me luck! Angelo is gunna update you guys on Thursday since I wont have computer access till Friday!!!

And away I go! :dance:

WOOHOO Emma -- CONGRATS on visa in hand!!

Sorry for being so MIA everyone -- we are now wading through AOS paperwork. Also trying to settle again now that my daughter is out of school for the summer...what to do with a 13year old girl for 3 months!! We have taken up Geo Caching as a family -- and we all love it. We tend to head out at least 3 days each week...wonderful way to get to see other part of the countryside that you normally wouldnt stop to see.

For work -- not sure if I will return to work here in the USA for some time yet. Eric works third shift, so that makes it difficult if I went to work on day shift...means we would not see each other a great deal at all...but we have been looking into me continuing studying for my photography & eventually opening our own studio (long term goal!) Financially we dont need me to work at all but for my own sanity (what little I have left LOL) I would like too.

For foods from AUS for Eric we brought over Tim Tams, Cherry Ripes, Pascall Marshmallows, Allen's lollies, Iced Vovo's and some other stuff...its almost all gone now after 2 months. We have found some stores both online & bricks and mortar stores that have some aussie foods...so that keeps everyone happy lol.

Best of luck Meggy -- will be thinking of you xx

Edited by TerriandEric

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Well everybody looks like it is my turn!

I leave tomorrow morning for Vancouver. I have my medical Wednesday and then the big interview on Thursday!

Wish me luck! Angelo is gunna update you guys on Thursday since I wont have computer access till Friday!!!

And away I go! :dance:

Good luck Meggy. You'll be so great that you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about at the end.

(L) Mwah big kiss and hug!

For foods from AUS for Eric we brought over Tim Tams, Cherry Ripes, Pascall Marshmallows, Allen's lollies, Iced Vovo's and some other stuff...its almost all gone now after 2 months. We have found some stores both online & bricks and mortar stores that have some aussie foods...so that keeps everyone happy lol.

Best of luck Meggy -- will be thinking of you xx

Oh, forgot Cherry ripes, I love them. So annoying they're just in Aussie.

Anyone know Parks and Recreation? I have to channel the character April just to get through work today. My boss is such an annoying micro-manager. She doesn't trust me to actually do any work now I've only got 2 more weeks here. I guess she's right - I hate this job now and can't wait to leave! Okay...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

WOOHOO Emma -- CONGRATS on visa in hand!!

Uh, what language do they speak in Australia, Terri??? Tin Tams? Cherry Ripes? They SOUND like English words but I have never heard them before. Guess, I'll have to Oz myself oneday and find out!

Good luck with the 13 year old! :D

Uh, what language do they speak in Australia, Terri??? Tin Tams? Cherry Ripes? They SOUND like English words but I have never heard them before. Guess, I'll have to Oz myself oneday and find out!

Good luck with the 13 year old! :D

:rofl: :rofl: Tim Tams are yummy chocolate cookies...Target usually sells them here in the USA from October - March each year. Cherry Ripes are a choclate bar...very yummy!!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.