Lily1

nervouse about interview ( venting and ranting forum )

263 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks, you guys are sweet. I'm naturally devastated and scared that my future is nothing but sadness. I have health concerns, and care for my 71-year old mother, so I simply cannot move to Ireland. While I would happily die in the arms of my husband, I simply will not leave my mother, who took care of me when I was vulnerable.

In the end, I may be asked to choose between my husband and my mom - who can do that? It's an impossible situation.

BTW, Selma, your big day is fast approaching!

Edited by JustJ

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
I have to drive down to Bangkok for 8 hours and one day before the interview date. I have 2 heavy bags for this interview and one x-ray film..I just bring everything with me. I dont know how I am gonna be on that day...turbo speeding??..lol..

I try to relax here by keep cleaning my house since Saturday and lucky me, my son helps me that too..Wondering if anybody has some activities to do while you guys are waiting for the interview? and for whoever is waiting for log in fail or before POE..anyway, good luck for everyone..

Best wishes from me..

xo!

Angela here. i make my self busy going to gym, spending most of my time with my family here...

time moves so slow since i've got the interview sched.. :crying:

dear nattt , word on the gym part i have been doing that too , swimming is my best best relaxer and ofcourse the spa after 30 min of treadmill,, try to start making your list of things to take with you kind of a list on paper , may be get your hair done and menicure pedicure ( it makes me feel good some times too ) you will be good to go last but not list get your music on and drive girl lol

Angela, Lily,

It's cold here..can't swim..I just stay warm in the blanket..and when I'm at work...I just snoop on VJ's and Facebook..lol..I don't work much lately..I will get my curly hair done and make myself look good on the interview date..I hope I'm not that clumsy myself..get excited and forget thing and don't know how to speak english or say any words..lol..Last night I just painted my nailed..dark blue...my toe nails are red...hehe..I need to get a massage too..haven't got that almost 2 weeks now..hmm..it's a good idea...I should go get that one..hehe... :thumbs:

About the documents, I made a list..I have to check and make sue again and again that I don't forget anything..haha..

Alright girls...have a good week and hope time will fly...:D besides my hearth flew to US already..hehe... :devil:

XO!!

angie,, you look like you are set and ready to go , best time for me to swim is when it is cold lol

i love the nail polish you did love love red nail polish. , you said some thing about the massage the last time i got a massage was almost 10 month ago when i was with my husband ,,, forget it i never went to some where else to get it . ,,, it is either will happen again in a week or so :crying:

i miss my husband , i need a prayer . :crying:

why am i having mix feelings about this interview i am soooooooooooooooooooo nervouse now i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Timeline
why am i having mix feelings about this interview i am soooooooooooooooooooo nervouse now i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

You're in my prayers, sweet pea. :thumbs: Although I guess that doesn't count for much, since my prayers didn't work for me. :blush:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

You're in my prayers, sweet pea. :thumbs: Although I guess that doesn't count for much, since my prayers didn't work for me. :blush:

Omg don't say that :crying: ,, your prayer always work, god is arranging a better way for you ,

also guess what ,, i have a big big exam tommorow and wednesday , can you believe it is on corporate taxation , and i don't wanna say this but who would not blow a test on interview date hahahhaha NO ONE !!! as you know grad school exams are not jokes you will be sitting for three or four hours none stop , on top of that my husband's interview date is the same ,, julie honey i need some thing that would make me a numb. i would appreciate it if you tell me lol or i should just be a statue on wed and thursday for god's sake.. :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Lily1

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Timeline

Well, I feel for ya, Lily, I really do.

You will be fine! There are no impediments to your sweetheart's immigration, and he'll be here with you soon.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

just curiousity,, what are the questions they asked your husband at the interview?

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Hey guys. I wanna be added to the list too ... My interview is on dec 21st ..its only 14 days away ..i just dont know why i feel so nervous and insecure even though i have tons of evidence i keep thinking it's not enough .. I guess some of u may be feeling the same way ... it seems like days keep getting longer for me...i just want this to be over and be with my hubby .. Take care guys bye

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My wife's interview is on the 15th of Dec in Abu Dhabi. We have no idea what would be asked from her. She got a new police report and her original birth certificate. She also has lots of evidence of our marriage etc. I dont know why but i am pretty nervous. Nothing to be nervous about but i still am.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
Hello,

My wife's interview is on the 15th of Dec in Abu Dhabi. We have no idea what would be asked from her. She got a new police report and her original birth certificate. She also has lots of evidence of our marriage etc. I dont know why but i am pretty nervous. Nothing to be nervous about but i still am.

Ours is the 15th too! Good luck! I have no idea what anyone asks. I'm excited, not nervous. The time is flying though!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
just curiousity,, what are the questions they asked your husband at the interview?

None! :lol: My husband carried 25 pounds of paperwork/photos around Dublin and they didn't ask a single question about the relationship. Everything he was asked had to do with his criminal history. He said it was really, REALLY relaxed, so guys, try not to worry.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have to drive down to Bangkok for 8 hours and one day before the interview date. I have 2 heavy bags for this interview and one x-ray film..I just bring everything with me. I dont know how I am gonna be on that day...turbo speeding??..lol..

I try to relax here by keep cleaning my house since Saturday and lucky me, my son helps me that too..Wondering if anybody has some activities to do while you guys are waiting for the interview? and for whoever is waiting for log in fail or before POE..anyway, good luck for everyone..

Best wishes from me..

xo!

Angela here. i make my self busy going to gym, spending most of my time with my family here...

dear nattt , word on the gym part i have been doing that too , swimming is my best best relaxer and ofcourse the spa after 30 min of treadmill,, try to start making your list of things to take with you kind of a list on paper , may be get your hair done and menicure pedicure ( it makes me feel good some times too ) you will be good to go last but not list get your music on and drive girl lol

Angela, Lily,

It's cold here..can't swim..I just stay warm in the blanket..and when I'm at work...I just snoop on VJ's and Facebook..lol..I don't work much lately..I will get my curly hair done and make myself look good on the interview date..I hope I'm not that clumsy myself..get excited and forget thing and don't know how to speak english or say any words..lol..Last night I just painted my nailed..dark blue...my toe nails are red...hehe..I need to get a massage too..haven't got that almost 2 weeks now..hmm..it's a good idea...I should go get that one..hehe... :thumbs:

About the documents, I made a list..I have to check and make sue again and again that I don't forget anything..haha..

Alright girls...have a good week and hope time will fly...:D besides my hearth flew to US already..hehe... :devil:

XO!!

angie,, you look like you are set and ready to go , best time for me to swim is when it is cold lol

i love the nail polish you did love love red nail polish. , you said some thing about the massage the last time i got a massage was almost 10 month ago when i was with my husband ,,, forget it i never went to some where else to get it . ,,, it is either will happen again in a week or so :crying:

Lily,

I like all kind of color it depends on my moods..my hubby always gives me like 2 second massage..nothing more or less..hehe..I hubby gave me that 2 sec massage like 5 months ago..lol..I miss my hubby too..just like everyone here...:(

I'm so nervous..when I'm nervous..I couldn't speak..lol..I can't help myself about it...urrggg....

Cheers!

Timeline

Any word from Precious and Abiding???

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

Best wishes from me..

xo!

Angela, Lily,

XO!!

Lily,

I like all kind of color it depends on my moods..my hubby always gives me like 2 second massage..nothing more or less..hehe..I hubby gave me that 2 sec massage like 5 months ago..lol..I miss my hubby too..just like everyone here...:(

I'm so nervous..when I'm nervous..I couldn't speak..lol..I can't help myself about it...urrggg....

Cheers!

lol when you are nervouse you speak ,, well when i am nervouse i eat any thing around me that is considered " food " ,,, :rofl::rofl: i suppose to be on this carb diet because i gained winter weight but i am not doing good at it :ot2: i talked to my husband this morning poor him he was printing more wedding pic they came up to be 100 lol and he said i just want to have extra , poor him he was running around like a rat, trying to get things done , also he went to the final visit at the doctor's office his appointment was this morning at 8:00 every thing came out fine.

as for me i am nervouse,,, :luv:

Edited by Lily1

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Timeline

actually i asked the same thing ,,

best best wishes for you guys hope to hear the great news !!

julie did you be able to send the draft???

he is the list continued

Precious , abiding = Dec 08

selma and elvin = dec 9th

Lily = Dec 10th

Nenita = Dec 12

Musashi= Dec 14

Finn = Dec 15

Bankermai= Dec 16

Natt = Dec 21

Munesh - Dec 23

new comers just add your name in the list!!!

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Timeline

I was asking the same thing ??

wish you guys all the best , hope to hear the good news !!!

Julie did you be able to send in the "cashier's check" ??

Here is gang's continue ,

Precious , abiding = Dec 08

selma and elvin = dec 9th

Lily, Ivylizih = Dec 10th

Nenita = Dec 12

Musashi= Dec 14

Finn = Dec 15

Bankermai= Dec 16

Natt = Dec 21

Munesh - Dec 23

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.