CONCRETE

Processing time in Bogota K3 and travel for a BIO appointment

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I recently filed a petition for I-130 and is processing at Vermont Center. I got a few weeks ago a confirmation letter. I been told the total processing time between USCIS and Department of State background takes about 8 months is this correct?? I travel with my wife often while she is outside USA and now we are temporally living in CANADA. Does she need to go to Colombia before the visa appointment for Biometrics or that will only happend when the visa is approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I recently filed a petition for I-130 and is processing at Vermont Center. I got a few weeks ago a confirmation letter. I been told the total processing time between USCIS and Department of State background takes about 8 months is this correct?? I travel with my wife often while she is outside USA and now we are temporally living in CANADA. Does she need to go to Colombia before the visa appointment for Biometrics or that will only happend when the visa is approved

I filed our I-130 in February of this year and my wifes visa was issued this past October (8 months). Now, here's the thing....We got our petition expedited once it reached the NVC. The normal time from start to finish is about 1 year (or so I've been told). Just be patient because it's a long journey and pray you dont get put on AP (like we did). Fortunately our AP only lasted 30 days.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.