Together4ever

Whatcha doin?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It feels soooooooo great to just relax today. We had a horrible storm here in the evening last night but at least this time my electricity didn't go out. Some sorely needed soul-searching time. I'm darn tired of feeling so angry and out of control. This waiting game is starting to get to me so I searched for a new source of joy to focus on. (I've kind of forgotten all about that "joy" thing like a big dork.) I'm kind of into "the little things" so I tried to think of something, some little project I could do, to take my mind off the.......... ick......... I'm beginning to detest this word......... *visa*......... and off of the tough situation Moh is having in Egypt right now. A lot of pressure here and there. Hence my drooling and b*tching.

I remembered on my birthday he had mentioned regretting not being able to give me a flower because he knows I'm a real blossom freak. He asked me for next year what flower I would like, and while I was mulling that over he offered he would like to get me an orchid. For some reason that really surprised me. It was the last thing on earth I would have thought he would come up with. I had expected him to say lavender (because I'm a lavender junkie and he knows it's my favorite) or the good old fashioned stand-by the rose. I "OOooooOooOoo-ed" over the orchid one and he gushed on about how he just loves orchids and finds them very special. (Gee, yet another previously undiscovered corner of my sweet pea... I cherish these moments.)

So... now that you all are probably either off reading another more interesting post or sleeping... I treated myself to a beautiful yellow potted orchid. Now I'm not only enjoying just looking at it, I've been busy reading little tidbits about orchids and their care. This morning I went out and made a pretty little "humidity tray" from a shallow glazed clay tray. I added river stones, water, and set the pot on top of the rocks in the center and set it infront of my window on the floor. This way it gets the humidity that it likes at all times. When it gets closer to winter, I'll get a wee bit different pot and a pump to make my own fountain to set the pot over. That will give it more humidity (and I love the sound of trickling water). I'm sure given a day or two, I'll be off looking for a plant mister... So, inadvertently Mohammed gave me a very beautiful birthday gift. (Thank you honey!!!! Muaaaah!)

I told Mohammed about this last night and he went crazy. He wants to "play too". There is a closet gardner in him waiting to come out. (F) Maybe when he gets here we can add another orchid to our family for him care for.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I hope the next week brings even more good news to members. There's been kind of a flurry of activity lately. (CAN WE BE NEXT PLEASE????)

Edited by just_waiting

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sooooooooooo understand.

Finding an activity to keep the mind busy is the best remedy for me. So what is the activity for me???

W O R K I N G

Her I am at work once again.

Everyone have a great weekend!!

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'm in the office working today--no rest for the weary LOL--- well I did get to sleep a little late and I finally got all the papers copied and mailed to Yousuf for his interview---when he finally gets a date, which I pray will be soon inshallah.

When I get home I need to clean up a bit and then I'd like to finish watching Syriana and read a book.

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Layla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well, I just returned from the farmer's market, having my car washed, did my bank deposit from work and had a bran muffin & frozen latte'! I was supposed to work in the office today, but my 2 appts. cancelled and now I'm about to start some much needed work in my home. I'm trying to prepare for a roommate to move in next weekend til Said is coming... the extra $$ will be helpful! I think I will put a chicken & some okra in the crock pot and cook some brown rice and some kale... maybe a swim at my friend's house later, gotta check the weather. It's gorgeous for now, but I must get some stuff done around here! OH!!!! and I will see Said online in an hour for our visit - I better get crackin'! :o

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I slept and slept :( OH when will the jet lag end...

time to go cut the grass and wash the car!!

Yea me too! I am working (12 hr) the next 5 days. Wonder what my yard will look lie then if we get any more rain?? A jungle! Geeeeeeeeeeez why can't deer eat the grass and no the flowers???

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

is anyone else having trouble signing in to yahoo right now? i can't seem to get in!! :angry:

noura

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Timeline

is anyone else having trouble signing in to yahoo right now? i can't seem to get in!! :angry:

noura

Yep Noura. I've been sitting here waiting 3 minutes so far and my messenger won't log in.

me too, i keep trying and trying... no luck for abt 20 min or so! guess that's a sign i don't really need to be online! hehehe... time to go thru another cabinet i guess :whistle:

noura

noura

Yep Noura. I've been sitting here waiting 3 minutes so far and my messenger won't log in.

me too, i keep trying and trying... no luck for abt 20 min or so! guess that's a sign i don't really need to be online! hehehe... time to go thru another cabinet i guess :whistle:

noura

Yahoo's been down for a couple of hours here, figures....screw up the weekend for everybody. Hopefully they'll fix it before everyone is alseep over there.

Michaela

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.