Filipina Lover

Plane tickets for my K1 girl in Philippines

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure how to buy plane tickets for my Filipina when the time comes.

Normally when I buy a ticket, I just print it out, they want to see the credit card at the airport, and I don't know if I can get her a credit card without a social security # and send it to her.

And if she goes to a travel agent, it might cost more, I can get a better deal on the internet

So what do I do, What do you do with your girl, my girl is really poor, she has no credit cards or anything

Normally when I buy a ticket, I just print it out, they want to see the credit card at the airport, and I don't know if I can get her a credit card without a social security # and send it to her.

And if she goes to a travel agent, it might cost more, I can get a better deal on the internet

So what do I do, What do you do with your girl, my girl is really poor, she has no credit cards or anything

My husband bought me a ticket online and did not even have the credit card or SSN. ALl i did was show the eticket to the airport and i was good to go with no problems at all.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband bought a ticket for me online more than 3 weeks before my flight, then sent it to me by emai and I printed out, then he also received the actual ticket and sent it to me. If the ticket will purchase in US she will pay 1,620 pesos for travel tax at NAIA and plus 750 pesos for terminal fee as pre-requisite, I do not know if the payment increase now, it was 3 months ago. There is no problem if you buy the ticket online and here in US.

Edited by Muns3n

5-20-2013 USC

I-130 Petition for my Mom

5-20-2013 filled I-130

5-21-2013 USCIS received the packet/Priority Date

5-22-2013 NOA1

10-28-2013 Expedite Request Submitted with the help of a Senator

11-13-2013 Additional document submitted for expedite process

11-21-13 NOA2

11-25-13 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-19-13 Expedite request approved (forwarded 24 hrs from NVC to consulate) received case number and IIN

12-24-13 Ready for interview schedule

12-26-13 Set the interview schedule

**** She could have the interview as early as Jan 7th but decided not on the rush for medical and for me to have time to forward all the document in the Philippines since I didn't pay or submit anything at NVC

1-8-9-14 Medical

1-27-14 Interview (submitted AOS & Civil documents, paid Visa Fee)

1-30-14 Visa Received

1-31-14 Immigration Fee $165 paid

**** We need my mom urgently but due of the cold weather in Minnesota, we decided to wait for warmer weather. She could be here as early as Feb....

2-3-14 Booked ticket for March due of cold weather

3-21-14 CFO seminar

3-31-14 POE

4-7-14 received SSN #

To avoid fraudulent transactions and to protect credit card owners, airlines reserves the right to require that the credit card used in purchasing the ticket(s) online be presented at the ticket collection point, upon check-in or in cases of reissuance, rebooking or refund of a ticket.

If the credit card owner is not part of the travelling party and is unable to present the credit card used, PAL also reserves the right to require the presentation of clear photocopies of the front of the credit card and the valid PHOTO ID of the credit card owner at the ticket collection point, upon check-in and in cases of reissuance, rebooking and/or refund. It shall be the responsibility of the credit card owner to ensure that the passenger(s) comply with the requirement.

If you buy your ticket thru a travel agent you will not have any problems at all, with the new requerments. Just have them email the her the itinerary and she's good to go! I used PAL for my asawa and anak in Aug. and had no problems.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

you may want to check orbitz, travelocity or directly from NWA/other airline, whichever offers the lowest rate for a one-way ticket. just send her the e-ticket together with the scanned image of your credit card used to purchase the ticket.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

My fiance just orders the ticket online and forwards the confirmation email to me. Then I print it out and go to the airport check-in with it. I never needed any credit card or SSN#. Just make sure you put *her* name on the ticket, not yours.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cathay Pacific does not require you to show CC.

Timeline:

03/15/08- Met online

01/03/09- Met in person for the first time.

01/15/09- Got engaged

02/18/09- Sent I-129F

02/20/09- Recieved at Vermont Service Center

02/23/09- NOA 1

02/24/09- Check cashed

02/27/09- NOA 1 Recieved hard copy in mail

07/04/09-NOA 2

08/08/09-NOA 2 Recieved hard copy in mail

09/15/09- Medical taken Sputum test required

9/22-9/24-Sputum Testing(Results negative) Now the wait begins for the culture results

11/24/09-Praise God Sputum culture negative......told to report to St Lukes for immunizations.

12/03/09- Medical Exam Passed and complete.

12/15/09- Interview Passed!!!! Visa Approved!! Praise be to God!!!

12/24/09- Visa in Hand

12/30/09- POE- JFK

02/22/10- Married

If God be for me who can be against me!!

Timeline

[/

Buy you ticket from Philippines airlines. They Issue tickets at checkin. Or go to the philippines to bring her back with you.

I sent my sweetheart the money and she bought herself a ticket at a reputable travel agency.

Also, I read somewhere here on VJ that first-time immigrants from the Philippines can get a big discount on their airfare. Maybe someone can find that thread.

To avoid fraudulent transactions and to protect credit card owners, airlines reserves the right to require that the credit card used in purchasing the ticket(s) online be presented at the ticket collection point, upon check-in or in cases of reissuance, rebooking or refund of a ticket.

If the credit card owner is not part of the travelling party and is unable to present the credit card used, PAL also reserves the right to require the presentation of clear photocopies of the front of the credit card and the valid PHOTO ID of the credit card owner at the ticket collection point, upon check-in and in cases of reissuance, rebooking and/or refund. It shall be the responsibility of the credit card owner to ensure that the passenger(s) comply with the requirement.

If you buy your ticket thru a travel agent you will not have any problems at all, with the new requerments. Just have them email the her the itinerary and she's good to go! I used PAL for my asawa and anak in Aug. and had no problems.

It is no big deal for the Kano to purchase the PAL ticket online for Pinay. PAL has a form for Kano to sign giving authorization. What I recommend is check the price online, and have Pinay go to PAL ticket counter at mall or airport if convenient, and compare prices. I try to avoid middleman travel agents if possible.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

If she has no credit card, I would get travelers' checks for more than the most you would pay for airfare and send it by regular mail.

Travelers checks are insured and you can get 100% refund if lost/stolen.

I send them all the time to Thailand. Never had a problem. I can't however speak for the mail in the Philippines.

She has to pay in local currency, you can't pay for it online because the flight will originate in the Philippines.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

My husband bought me a ticket online and did not even have the credit card or SSN. ALl i did was show the eticket to the airport and i was good to go with no problems at all.

What airline was that? if you get a quote in local currency can you elect to pay in dollars online?

- So far I've seen only quotes in local currency for buying tickets originating in Thailand.

Maybe the Philippines is different.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.