martin77

notarized statement of intent to marry

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey there, my interview is coming up fast and I've just realised that it's actually going to be just over 4 months since our noa2 date. I understand that I will need a notarised statement of intent, is that just me or my american fiancee to? What does notarized actually entail? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Does not need to be notarized, but yes both Beneficiary and Petitioner should prepare a renewed letter of intent to marry within 90 days of entry on a K-1 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

What to bring: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html

Moving.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
So just to confirm this definitely doesn't need to be notarized?

Depends on the embassy maybe.. sounds like your embassy needs it notarized. Mine will also need to be notarized as well.

It specifically states on the IV-15 Checklist from the US Embassy in London that if 4 months will pass before your interview, then you must provide a notarized letter of intent.

Someone on another thread verified this for me and advised that both the US Citizen and the foreign fiance/e will each have to provide a notarized letter of intent if 4 months will pass before the interview (4 months from the petition approval date).

Our NOA2 (petition approval) date was August 21,2009, so our 4 months will expire December 21, 2009 and I will send my fiancee in England a notarized statement and she will have to get hers notarized as well (assuming our interview date will be after Dec. 21st).

Just check online for a "public notary" in your area, and they will charge you a small fee and stamp the document verifying that it is all true and correct :)

........January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged! t4527.gif

........May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

...Februay 04, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

........July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

........July 14, 2010: Check was cashed

........July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

........July 19, 2010: "Touch"..biometrics appt. letter mailed (I-485 & I-765)

.....August 02, 2010: Biometrics appointment

.....August 03, 2010: "Touch" on I-485 & I-765

.....August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

.....August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview...APPROVED!!!

usabig.gifbig_heart_beating.gifukbig.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just check online for a "public notary" in your area, and they will charge you a small fee and stamp the document verifying that it is all true and correct :)

Just to clarify, "notarized" in the American sense of the word simply means that a notary confirmed the identity of the person signing the document, and witnessed the signature. It doesn't mean they verified anything on the document was accurate. In other words, don't sign the letter until you're in front of the notary, and be sure to bring identification.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.