carmen181

problem with first POE

65 posts in this topic

Here is the quote i was looking for: Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice.

None of us are professionals...so we can all comment

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Here is the quote i was looking for: Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice.

None of us are professionals...so we can all comment

There is no question that your are posting within the terms of service or that the site has protected itself to some extent with the above disclaimer. What people have repeatedly attempted to point out to you and others is that it is usually unproductive, sometimes counter productive and at other times even seriously misleading with potential disasterous results, to post responses that contain either speculation or incorrect information. The suggestion has been made that if you "don't know" it would be better to wait, read and learn from those that do, instead.

So, while you are certainly within your rights to continue to post such responses, I would suggest that if you find that people continue to take issue with those actions, you attempt to understand they are doing it for what they consider good reason. Won't you please give due consideration to refraining from such action in the future?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The whole deal was I told them to talk to a travel agent. That in itself was better advice than others gave in this thread but weren't singled out. I never stated i knew...i was leaving open for others to comment. Maybe i should just leave the disclaimer in my signature.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The whole deal was I told them to talk to a travel agent. That in itself was better advice than others gave in this thread but weren't singled out. I never stated i knew...i was leaving open for others to comment. Maybe i should just leave the disclaimer in my signature.

Scott and Mhay, the advice you gave in your post was good advice.. "Talk to the Travel agent before you purchase anything" And I agree that there were others in this thread who have given misleading advice. One persons expirence when transiting through any foreign country may not be the same for others.

On Visa Journey we can not give anything other than support and our own personal expirences, Yes we pick up immigration knowledge along the way but that does not make us experts in immigration and it does not give any person the right to insist that they are only giving correct information, everyone makes mistakes and gets things wrong, no one can ever be 100% right all the time.

All of this "I am right you are wrong" posting is not helping anyone. Neither is posting that someone elses post is "useless". So lets draw a line under this and move on. I am sure the OP will check with official sources before making any travel plans.

Tay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Scott and Mhay, the advice you gave in your post was good advice.. "Talk to the Travel agent before you purchase anything" And I agree that there were others in this thread who have given misleading advice. One persons expirence when transiting through any foreign country may not be the same for others.

On Visa Journey we can not give anything other than support and our own personal expirences, Yes we pick up immigration knowledge along the way but that does not make us experts in immigration and it does not give any person the right to insist that they are only giving correct information, everyone makes mistakes and gets things wrong, no one can ever be 100% right all the time.

All of this "I am right you are wrong" posting is not helping anyone. Neither is posting that someone elses post is "useless". So lets draw a line under this and move on. I am sure the OP will check with official sources before making any travel plans.

Tay

I would like to jump in on this particular part of this discussion before a line is drawn under it and we "move on" because I believe that it's important to future threads and posts.

I came to Visa Journey for one reason: I wanted to get the love of my life to this country, and I wanted it done quickly, efficiently, and with solid information. This is what nearly everone who happens upon visa journey is trying to do. As I went through the process, I poured over these boards night and day (as have many of us). It was exceedingly frustrating to find information based on guesses. While the intent of the people posting was no doubt to be helpful, I needed real advice. For this reason, Tay, I wish to respectfully disagree with your conclusion that the "I am right you are wrong posting is not helpful." In many cases it is very helpful. I hate it when personal attacks are used in these forums. However, in my opinion, pshbrk's comments are absolutely not personal attacks. A personal attack is something along the lines of "You are hugely stupid for posting this information. What kind of an idiotic, useless person would post something like this?" Simply stating "This information is inaccurate and could cause someone who takes it literally to suffer enormous pain" is not a personal attack, even though it is blunt and might be difficult to hear. Discerning readers of these boards are then able to discern whose advice is most useful. - Traci

PS - I happened upon this post in the first place because I tend to look up pshbrk (and other insightful poster's) posts to keep up on current changes in the system. That says a lot right there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.