jordanianprincess

Song of the day thread

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Oh yeah... and one other thing... that was kinda ODD to me..

I saw a commercial for this Product called "Fair and Lovely" Supposedly it clears the skin and makes it ... well... Lighter... and the way the commercial was portraying darker skin, was that it is not as attractive!

I was thinking, Oh no, don't tell me arab/me/na women have complexes about their skin color as well...?

The commercial shows the woman graduating from college and then she said the obstacle from her trying to get her dream job was her skin... I was like... she didn't get hired cause she's olive toned?

I didn't know any appropriate place to ask !

oh yeah the commercial is really corny too.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Oh yeah... and one other thing... that was kinda ODD to me..

I saw a commercial for this Product called "Fair and Lovely" Supposedly it clears the skin and makes it ... well... Lighter... and the way the commercial was portraying darker skin, was that it is not as attractive!

I was thinking, Oh no, don't tell me arab/me/na women have complexes about their skin color as well...?

The commercial shows the woman graduating from college and then she said the obstacle from her trying to get her dream job was her skin... I was like... she didn't get hired cause she's olive toned?

I didn't know any appropriate place to ask !

oh yeah the commercial is really corny too.

Lighter skin is a preference among arabs. The men there love women with milky white skin and all the woman want to have milky white skin. I use a beauty line that my fiance ships to me from Jordan, its a dead sea product. They actually have a skin lightening product. Its so funny, beacuse here we spend so much time trying to get that perfect tan :lol:

Ok to keep the topic on track here is another song:

El Tanora by Faris Karam

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Wow... that's interesting and I've never heard of it before..

One time I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how african americans discriminate against eachother because of skin tone.. it ran for about 2 hours, it was a hot button topic!

I've also heard that in India, lighter skin is a preference.

Timeline
Wow... that's interesting and I've never heard of it before..

One time I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how african americans discriminate against eachother because of skin tone.. it ran for about 2 hours, it was a hot button topic!

I've also heard that in India, lighter skin is a preference.

In many countries, lighter skin is a preference. In some countries it even casts you into socail preference.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

isn't that why everyone in the movies about people in the "olden days" have really white, powder-like skin? because if you were darker it meant you spent time in the fields and working outside, but if you had pale skin you were part of the upper class that didnt need to be outside? I'm having flashbacks of grade school US history...

AAAAAND back to music.....

I've been listening to a CD I made to listen to in the car with a lot of Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, DMX, Gnawa Diffusion, Beck, Bob Marley, Matisyahu, Paolo Conte, Kayne, etc, etc, etc.... it makes me happy :) if i knew how to find music online or add links, i would :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Best songs by far.....

YaTabTab - Nancy Ajram

Yana Yana - Sabah and Rola

Ana Haifa- Haifa

Kelly, these are 3 of my absolute faves!!! I could listen to Yana Yana over and over :D ...

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

(F) Esalaam, Salut and a Hello to everyone... (F)

Hmm... Well of course, no sound ever was created better and more divine then the verses of the Quran....but...as far as music goes...so many songs to list here...but let me try...

Amr Diab, Le Habibi Le

Ragheb Alama, Ginny

Ahmed Soultan, Give Me Your Name

Tamer, 7ubb

Destiny, Nekatrios

Gracia, Prince Igor

Sade, Love is Stronger then Pride

Dj Sammy, Heaven

Dj Murad, Hatirlarsi

Natacha Atlas, Hope

Daniel Beddingfield, If You Are Not the One

Faudel, Baida

Nouri Kaoufi, The way of the Wedding

Ma7mood al 3esseily, Esalaam Bledi

Sofiane Saidi, Minaret

Cheb Mami, Moonrise, Nagoumomo

Global Talk, Philosophhie dámour

Rohff Mohamed Lamine et Chebba, Rai nb Fev

Silentium, Unbroken

Ba Waddek, Warda

Tarak, Knossos and the Ambient Oudd

Kazim al Shahir, Ha Habibi,

Abdel Majeed Abdullah, Ruhi Habek, Tayebb Galbi

Most songs from Cheb Mami, 123 Soleil album,Warda and Kazim al Shahir

And the nasheeds of Sami Yusef ,Farqai and Ahmed Buktahir

Unfortunely I dont have any links for any of these songs...but have them in Mp3 form on my computer, so if anyone is interested...I will be glad to email them to you...

Icey, the MBC commercials killed me in Jordan, same ones every single day....the sunsilk ones are great, and then theres one for a whitening product, some girl singing on stage for a contest and they say she wont win cause of her skin...ohhh gosh....flashbacks...Im thankful for MBC though, daily i was able to watch, Dr Phil, Oprah, and Days of our Lives....even my in laws got ADDICTED to the american shows

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline

omg dollface yes.. I was like ooooh oprah!! yacine had never watched MBC 4 before and now he's watching it more... but he was always addicted to the movies on MBC 2... It's amazing how much english yacine has been picking up, because before he ignored the english and just read the subtitles, now he has incentive to pay attention :lol:

Timeline

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Fav song of the day.......................Your'e beautiful - James Blunt .... omg i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok time to go to sleep now another 16 hour work day tomorrow. will post a new one tomorrow night after work :)

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Timeline

Today's song (it's late I know :blush: )

Nasseni il Donya - Ragheb Allama

This song has a very special meaning to my fiance and I as it's our song. When we were engaged, so much family drama led to us having a simple engagement ceremony at home. It was still formally done by a priest, but no big hall or party. His brother and brother in law taped the entire thing and as a surprise he took them to a videographer and has the entire thing edited.

The DVD opens with this song and different segments and photos from that day. He sent it to me and it was sooo sweet. :luv:

Enjoy :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

It was too late to edit...and now for the lyrics :star:

Arabic Lyrics English Translation

Nasseni el donya, nasseni el 3alam, dawibny habeeby iw sibni a2olak ahla kalam. Let me forget the world, let me forget the land, melt me my darling and let me tell you the sweetest talk.

Law aliff el donya law aliff el 3alam, mosh momkain zayi gharamak inta alaa2y gharam. If I go around the world, if I go around the land, it is impossible to find love like yours.

Chorus

Law 2aolak inni bahebak, el hobbi ishwaya 3alaik. Law sanya ana bab3aid 3annak barga3 moshta2 li 3anaik. Dhomni khaleek wayaya dawibny we doob fi hawaya ta3ala in3eash agmal ayaam. If I tell you I love you, love is too little. If I am away from you one second, I return with desire to your eyes. Embrace me and be with me, melt me and melt in my love. Come and let us live beautiful days

Repeat Chorus

Kan agmal yoam fi hayaty, yoam ma 2abaltak ya hayati ma i2dirtish at-hammel min ghair ma afakkar lahza la2aitni badoob fi hawak. khadtiny min kolli elnaas 3isht fi ajmal ehsaas, we inseet ya habiby eldonya ma3ak It was the most beautiful day of my life when I met you o' my life. I could not bare without thinking for a moment that I found myself melting in your love. You took me from everyone, I lived in a beautiful feeling and forgot my darling the globe with you.

Aaaah Aaaah

Chorus:

Law a2olak inni bahebak, el hob ishwaya 3alaik, law sanya ana bab3aid 3annak, barga3 moshta2a li 3ainaik, dhomny khaleek wayaya, dawibny we doob fi hawaya, ta3ala in3eish agmal ayaam. If they told you I love you, love is too little. If I am away from you one second, I return with desire to your eyes. Embrace me and be with me, melt me and melt in my love. Come and let us live beautiful days.

Law 2aolak If I tell you.

Ana shaylak gowa i3nayya we il donya di shahda 3alayya. Ana ganbak wi bahebak mosh momkain a2dar ana ya habiby fi yoam ansaak. Batmana el 3omr iytool wafdhal ahebak 3ala tool dana yaama helimt akoon wayak. I carry you inside my eyes and the world witnesses me. I am beside you and love you and I can not o' my darling forget you. I wish life to get long and I remain in love with you for ever. I always dreamt to be with you.

Aaaaah Aaaaah

Chorus:

Laou 2aolak inni bahebak, ilhobbi ishwaya 3alaik. Laou sanya ana bab3aid 3annak, barga3 moshta2 le3aiynaik. Dhomny khaleek wayaya dawebny we doob fi hawaya ta3ala in3eash agmal ayaam. If they told you I love you, love is too little. If I am away from you one second, I return with desire to your eyes. Embrace me and be with me, melt me and melt in my love. Come and let us live beautiful days.

Repeat 3 more times.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.