killakhan4

Wife (USC) wants to leave!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sadly the marriege is not working out anymore. We recently sent in the AOS... Now my wife suddenly has become a strict Jehovahs's Witness. The marriage was in good faith but we do not get along have different outlooks on life. Wat can I do? I dont wanna have the feeling that i would have to give into her views just cuz i do not have papers. She wants me to become Jehovah Witness.. even threatened me once or twice i dunno if it was jokingly or seriously... :(

Aug 03, 2005 - Happily Married

Sept x, 2005 - Medical Done

Feb 28, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD

Mar 09, 2006 - NOA for AOS and EAD

Mar 22, 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

Sep 13, 2006 - Interview

Still waiting.....

True love should not be based on such, if she truly loves you, there always has to be a compromise and both should meet in-between. Acceptance works both ways and you and your wife will never be the same, because you are both different and special individuals. Try to talk things out and maybe something is bothering her that's why she's feeling indifferently. Communication is a good key.

Goodluck, and I wish you well.

Timeline

Yesterday she says to me she rather be married to another Jehovah Witness.... :( I was hurt. She barely talks to me anoymore.. I have tried to talk everythin over with her and im not giving up... I feel like i am forcing her to talk to me. She seems to be in her own bubble. I even tried to pick up some WATCHTOWER books but thats just not what i believe.

Sep 13, 2006 - Interview

Still waiting.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i used to be one of jehovahs witnesses and they are against getting a divorce unless the spouse cheats on you. Something doesn't sound right there. There lots of jehovah witnesses that are married to somebody that has a different religion. If you read the articles they have about marriage u will see that they don't believe in divorce. I hope things will work out for you. alison

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is sad to read things are not working out for you and, believe me, the behaviour of your wife would not be upheld by her religion. I suggest that she speak with the elders in her congregation as dicorce on any grounds other than adultery is totally unacceptable.

I wish you well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Sadly the marriege is not working out anymore.

Sorry to hear it's not working out. Better to know now than later. Her faith does not believe in divorce, so you might be in for a LONG ride. I would immediately hire an attorney and file for divorce. If your lucky, you could take her back home and leave her there...but that's probably not going to happen. On the other hand, you could give up and become a devoted Jehovah Witness. :huh:

Married, 7-4-2003 in Bucharest, Romania

I-130 sent in 7-11-2003

I-129F sent in 8-06-2003

VISA approved 6-22-2004

I-130 approved 8-10-2004

EAD approved 1-6-2005

AOS approved 8-10-2005

Green card received on 8-15-05

Green Card returned because of error...received back from INS on 2-15-06

Citizenship, not applied for...yet.

http://www.geocities.com/dan49508/mypage.html

Baby boy, born 8-25-2005

if you can't get her out of it .... i would run as fast as you can!! JW's are very serious about their religion.

if you entered in your marriage in good faith, there should be no reason why you can't adjust yourself. i'm not saying it's going to be easy, because it probably won't. you may want to seek some legal advice from an atty trained in immigration issues. gather any and all proof of your relationship before your wife can destroy anything (cards, letters, photos, bills, bank statements, previous visa documentation, etc)

best of luck to you!! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Timeline

You may be getting worked up over something that is just a short-term mood you wife is in. After all, you're dealing with an illogical woman here. :)

In fact it might be something else entirely that is bothering her and she is using the religion thing as an excuse.

Some of what you do depends on your goals. You have already sent the AOS package off, and your case might be transferred to CSC and your Green Card may arrive without much further effort, no interview. So, you may want to tolerate the wife, even though you are not 100% happy, until you reach the goal of permanent residency. Until you reach that point, your wife has a lot of power in the relationship.

Perhaps your best plan is to be extremely tolerant of her and cooperate a bit with her desires - but I think many here would agree she is being unreasonable.

I feel your pain though. I got trapped by Jehova's Witnesses on my front porch one day. They really like to talk a lot. I thought they were just lost and needed directions. A long conversation developed. And they keep coming back - but now I don't answer the door. :whistle:

She picked a very bad time to decide that she MUST have a Jehova's Witness as a husband, didn't she?

kenk3z

Timeline

Im thankful for you guys. She was indeed a Jehovah Witness when we got into the marriage but not one that was very religious. After the marriage she started being more commmited. Start going to meetings every tuesday.... the tues/thurs.... the tues/thurs/fri.... and now tues/thur/fri/sun.... When we argue and I talk about Jehovah witness she burst out and says I dont understand.... I feel like she is brainwashed or sumthin.... she feels sad when doin suimthin wrong.. and feel like she is a bad person... with a lot of guilt..... But anyways.. we did marry in good faith and she admits it and she is not the type to go around ripping up poroof of our marriage... she recently said she will write a letter sayin she was in marriage in good faith... but i have no idea that that would help... I am very stressed... She doesnt want a divorce... she wants me to get an annulment.. so she doesnt break any JW rules i guess. If she wants out Im not gonna force her to stay with me.... :(

Sep 13, 2006 - Interview

Still waiting.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We all know very little about your specific situation so you should not put too much into VJ advice on this subject:

Having said that:

I see two possibilities:

1. Your wife is not happy in the marriage and is using religon as a way out. There is really nothing you can do about that.

2. Your wife has had some sort of religous awakening and is disturbed because you do not share her excitement. This is something you can deal with. The general rule is " do not talk religon ". Keep a low profile and tell her to talk to her religous leaders about your relationship. Most religons will stand on the marriage.

Relax! This whole situation is out of your control unless you choose to debate with her.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

I wonder whether this is perhaps a very one-sided version of events. I know for a fact that JW's do not promote divorce for any reason other than adultery and that she would not get support from her church for suggesting an annulment either. The fact that she has married someone who does not share her beliefs is not a reason for annulment or divorce and I believe that if people in her church knew she was trying to do this they would actively dissuade her and try to help her to work on making the marriage a loving and fulfilling one for you both.

If she won't discuss this with her church I know they would appreciate you talking to them to tell them what's going on.

Someting doesn't seem right here though, because I have acquaintances who are JWs who married peoplewho don't share the same belief and the basic principles of being a JW are that you don't just opt out of something on the basis of having made a bad decision. You still have to work at the marriage and respect your husband as the head. I think we're not being told the wole story here or are hearing a very one-sided version from someone who is hurting badly.

Offer to go with her to the heads in her church and discuss what the options are. Surely she will see this as a positvie suggestion and one which will help her to live with the consequences of her decision which she now seems to regret.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Marriage

Jehovah's Witnesses view marriage as a serious, lifelong commitment. They look to the Bible for guidance in resolving marital problems in a loving and respectful way. Scripturally, divorce may be obtained on the grounds of marital unfaithfulness. Separation is acceptable in extreme situations, such as those involving willful nonsupport or physical abuse. Whether to separate or not is the personal decision of the wronged mate.—Matthew 19:6, 9; Ephesians 5:33.

Interfaith Marriage

Marriage mates with different religions are encouraged to treat each other with tolerance and respect. Children should be given the opportunity to learn about the religious views of both parents.—1 Corinthians 7:12-14.

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/family.htm

I think some thing is really wrong here and maybe her side of the story is very much diffrent

March 31 2004 spent 2 weeks with my love and her family

NOA1 July 16 2004

NOA2 Email notification Sept 2 2004

NOA2 approval letter Sept 15 2004

called NVC sept 16th told by operator fowarded to Manila

NVC forwarded to Manila on Sept 15 2004

NVC Hard copy received Sept 20 2004

called Manila embassy 10-13-2004 interview dec 3 2004

never received packet from embassy

Dec 3rd Visa approved and picked up

Dec 18th Married in Las Vegas Nv

AOS and EAD received in Chicago March 5 2005

NOA AOS and EAD received 3-28-05 dated 03-25-2005

Fingerrprint appointment 03-30-2005

EAD approval by email 4-19-2005

EAD card received 4-25-2005

Interview cancelled 9-6-2005 no interview ever scheduled

Applicattion transfered to somewhere 9-8-2005

9-14-2005 same message about transfer

9-24-2005 same message about transfer again

10-26-2005 approved without interview

• 3 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
i'm sorry to hear that. I hope it works out for you.

talk about diggin up an old thread.. i finally realized the dates were in 06. wonder what ever happened

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
i'm sorry to hear that. I hope it works out for you.

talk about diggin up an old thread.. i finally realized the dates were in 06. wonder what ever happened

Damn.. I was going to reply before I noticed it was from '06!

Edited by suzukiwookie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.