MapleLeafBaby

Holiday Hoopla...the good, the bad and the ugly...share stories, ideas, recipes etc

243 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a Santa address here in the US? In Canada it was

Santa Claus

North Pole

H0H 0H0

and it would go to Santa and the Post office would return a generic response for the kiddies...

Do any of you know if he US Postal Service does this?

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is our first Christmas together as a married couple and we plan to do our decorating this thanksgiving weekend. It's only to two of us this Christmas ( and the dog). His family lives in GA and he plans to get leave next year from the military for x mas, it's been like 5 years since he's been with his family for x mas, my parents will prob complain that it's two x mas in a row without seeing them, but that's what happens when your children get married!

Thanksgiving in canada was never a huge occasion for our family, very rarely the whole gang would get together. Thanksgiving in the US with my bf, fiancé and now husband will be filled with co worker get togethers, because like us we don't have family around. They have always been filled with fun, beverages, and of course the best turkey I have ever had in my life!! Deep fried turkey!! 3 different types of seasoning to choose from and so juicy!! I hope the get togethers here are as good as where he used to work:(

Anyways, I have a recipe that my fiancé absolutely loves! It's called the x mas morning wife saver. My mom has made it for as long as I can remember. Sooooo good!! Make it the night before so your not spending x mas morning in the kitchen!!

I have never made shortbread cookies in my life but I am going to give it a try!

Anybody have a good recipe??

The tradition that we cannot agree on is presents, there won't be much this year, but still. Our family we were allowed to open 1 gift x mas eve after church, then the rest plus stocking x mas morning.

His family opens all presents x mas eve, then stockings in the morning and of course "Santa" presents.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone know of a Santa address here in the US? In Canada it was

Santa Claus

North Pole

H0H 0H0

and it would go to Santa and the Post office would return a generic response for the kiddies...

Do any of you know if he US Postal Service does this?

They did, but recently they've made a lot of cutbacks with USPS and word out there is that this was one of the services they are, or are thinking of cutting.

Besides I think Santa probably uses email now.. I am sure he has an iphone or a blackberry. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw this story on the news the other day about the Santa letters... but it has more to do with canceling the USPS programme to answer letters addressed to "Santa Claus, North Pole"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world...o-1225800067812

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

just found this article...

Dear Santa Letters Headed to the North Pole After All

Kids who send letters in the mail addressed simply to "Santa Claus, North Pole," can now rest assured that their wish lists are being read by one of his elves.

Earlier this year, the US Postal Service announced it would stop sending those innocent letters to North Pole, Alaska, as it had for decades, citing privacy concerns. But after a huge public outcry — and perhaps some holiday magic — the USPS reversed the decision and decided to start sending the letters there again, albeit with some more stringent privacy policies to protect identities and addresses of kids.

"We never wanted to spoil people's Christmas," US Postal Service spokesman Ernie Swanson explained to The Associated Press. "It was just a decision we had to make based on privacy concerns, and it is labor-intensive. But it's still nice that we're able to resume this and still make people's holiday."

Meanwhile, if kiddies want to bypass the Post Office and their more strict privacy policies, they can send the letters directly to Santa via the Santa's Mailbag program. Letters can be addressed to: Santa Claus, 1 Santa Claus Lane, North Pole, AK 99705.

Full article here..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Whipped Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients:

1 lb soft butter

1 cup 10X sugar (icing sugar)

1/2 cup corn starch

3 cups flour

1tbsp vanilla

1/2 tsp. almond extract

MoP:

Beat butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients until well blended. Drop by tsp full on baking sheet 2 inches apart (like you would chocolate chip cookies).

Top with candied cherries or sprinkles.

Bake at 300 for 10 minutes. Cookies should be set but not brown.

Enjoy the melting in your mouth :)

1 pound of butter???

Well thank goodness calories don't count over the holidays! :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Im just hopping that my husband is home for christmas or ima be spending it alone with a ruind christmas surprise. Im planning to get some decorations with a budget and do up the house for when he comes home, also do his fav cookies and a cake. I have some money left saved from when I moved to get him some christmas gifts as well.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

1 pound of butter???

That's why they melt in your mouth!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I found a great idea for kids xmas lists and letter...you can google xmas letter heads and print out all sorts of stationary for free for making their santa wish lists etc... I think we will do that...it's free! lol

I think we will mail a letter anyways, even if it goes to no man's land lol...

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

I always type a letter up a few days before 'from Santa' and leave it under the tree for him. Usually it's the first thing he opens.

He loves it.

I am going to miss it when he no longer believes because there's so much magic there.

Donne moi une poptart!

@poprocks,

we saw this cool toy for boys at the local sam's club - it's a type of the connex toy where you make your own roller coaster and then this thingy goes down with it with a real digital camera and then you can re-design the ride the way you want it - scarier, higher... I think it was around $60.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

I picked up one of those flip video cameras for Ethan - or should I say Santa picked it up. :P I think he'll like that a lot. This years Christmas shopping is slower than last year I am really thinking about what I am getting him. He's 11 years old.. shopping for them gets harder as they grow up.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

I always type a letter up a few days before 'from Santa' and leave it under the tree for him. Usually it's the first thing he opens.

He loves it.

I am going to miss it when he no longer believes because there's so much magic there.

I was also a late bloomer when it came to santa claus, I think I was 11 or 12, I remember being so upset that my parents for not telling me sooner! LOL!

Peachey- Thanks for posting the recipe! I will have to try it out!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.