pdcvcc

I love BBC America

22 posts in this topic

Oooh - on Netflix - have you seen The I.T. Crowd? I love that show!

You've just decided my next Netflix rental(s)! Went back for my first visit to the UK since moving over here (in April '07) this May, and one of my friends was insisting that we must watch the IT crowd. I'd never heard of it, what with having been in Ohio for the preceding two years.

Aaaand... we sat and watched our way through multiple episodes, and it was bloody marvellous. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Also... Paulinespens, what you said about BBC America being "what the BBC would be like if they abolished the license fee" - that is SO true - absolutely spot on! So much better-put than my estimation of "utter shite". :blush:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Yep seen the IT Crowd in England I think ive seen it on the IFC channel here also. My next plan is to get Netflix to be able to play streams on my tv.

The only programme I have been watching on BBC America is The F Word on a Sunday Morning.

Hi us Brits..

If your really home sick and want to watch some uk stuf online such as itv bbc ect....then google and download..its FREE also..

TVU PLAYER 2.4. 9

once you have then you will find a wack of tv stuff live also....footy..corey..emerdale ect..

Ok..hope that helps your home sickness...and if/when you win the lotto remember me please...

Nige;

Nigel

I downloaded this and dont seem to be able to get anything other than news, i want to watch whats currently showing on uk tv? Help?

I need some help too :) Found out that BBC One has Gavin and Stacey. So went to the website and yes good news it is there to watch on line. Click on, bad news, only can access in UK. Any other suggestions? I have asked Paul to record it but wanted to find out if any other ideas so I don't have to wait. :)

PD.....you can download Film On from www.filmon.com

This allows you to watch live TV....if you cant watch the live shows due to work/time diff etc then UK Nova for downloads is your best bet.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi us Brits..

If your really home sick and want to watch some uk stuf online such as itv bbc ect....then google and download..its FREE also..

TVU PLAYER 2.4. 9

once you have then you will find a wack of tv stuff live also....footy..corey..emerdale ect..

Ok..hope that helps your home sickness...and if/when you win the lotto remember me please...

Nige;

Nigel

I downloaded this and dont seem to be able to get anything other than news, i want to watch whats currently showing on uk tv? Help?

I need some help too :) Found out that BBC One has Gavin and Stacey. So went to the website and yes good news it is there to watch on line. Click on, bad news, only can access in UK. Any other suggestions? I have asked Paul to record it but wanted to find out if any other ideas so I don't have to wait. :)

PD.....you can download Film On from www.filmon.com

This allows you to watch live TV....if you cant watch the live shows due to work/time diff etc then UK Nova for downloads is your best bet.

Thank you. I downloaded both. UK Nova is the only option due to the work/time diff, sadly they don't offer Gavin and Stacy but says it is is b/c Series 3 has already been released on dvd in July. Just sent an email to my fiance asking for it as a Christmas present. :) So really appreciate the info. Take care.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

I am not a fan of BBC America. I think its how the BBC will be in England if the licence fee ever got abolished.

Top Gear is cut to hell. I watched last nights Top Gear that was shown in England last night on my dvd player via my USB stick which I downloaded from a UK TV torrent site.

How many times does BBC America have to show Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Knightmares and how clean is your house. They show repeats of repeats and its old news. How Clean Is Your House? How about How Current are your shows.

Im a member of Netflix they have a big British TV Section of DVDS and some you can actually stream to your PC. I have been watching Red Dwarf.

Eastenders is on PPV on Dishnetwork its like $10 to watch 24 hours worth of Enders.

Better still get a DVD player that plays DIVX and join www.thebox.bz dowload the torrents burn them onto a dvd and watch on your tv at leisure.

Oooh - on Netflix - have you seen The I.T. Crowd? I love that show!

I am glad someone else mentioned www.thebox.bz ! I have been watching Eastenders via that, and also downloading a really cool new show called Misfits which just started on E4.

ALSSSSSSSSO Adult Swim shows The Mighty Boosh and the Office (UK version) now which is awesome

One of my UK geeky friends told me how to get the BBC iplayer to work for us stateside... but I haven't figured it out yet as my computer skills aren't so good, but here are the instructions:

"ok

Well first, install this and this:

http://www.torproject.org/easy-download.html.en

http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/

Tor is a distributed proxy network. I bit like Torrents but for internet traffic.

FoxyProxy is a Firefox plug-in that allows you to set proxies for specific URLs (so all BBC traffic will go through the proxy without it affecting your other browsing)

Get the Latest Firefox if you don't already have it.

Also, if you're running Snow Leopard on your Mac, you'll need this Apple thing called 'Rosetta' to allow Tor to work- Leopard had it as standard, but it's removed with Snow Leopard and you need to add it back.

It'll probably prompt you when you try Tor (the app is actually called 'Vidalia.app' when it's installed) for the first time anyway....

That's to start with ... then you have to configure Tor to pretend to be in the UK and foxyproxy with the right patterns...."

If that makes sense to anyone let me know!

Edited by lovelyalex

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.