souljah4christ

I-134 question.. co-sponsor was not born in US..

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
See this post for comments from a recent Naples Consulate interviewee regarding the CO's being more diligent regarding the affidavit of support: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3519272

Very good.

We should note that that information pertains to the I-864, for which the State Department does issue more official guidance.

Consulates continue to operate under random and widely differing variances of financial proof for the hybrid K1 (which is the OP's query).

Yes, there are wide variances as to how things are handled at Consulates and the to best of my information, even within Consulates from one officer to another. This may or may not BE random but I can understand how they may seem so. I guess I'm still missing your point unless it's just to bust my chops per your usual routine.

Maybe we should ask Tay if this interchange qualifies as an attack on a member. It think I'll report my own post and see.

My point is this.

People fret themselves a good deal over the financial aspects of the process. It can be very scary.

It's an important part of the process as well. NOBODY wants to muck it up. But it's like any other "thing" with immigration. Factual knowledge is powerful and power over the process builds the chances of success.

I think it's better if we stick to what we know by actual anecdotal evidence and what we can prove by written guidance. I think it's unhelpful to those navigating this part of the process if they are led to think there are mysteries out there that only some of us know. It's the immigration equivalent of the monster in the closet. And it's unfair.

Edited by rebeccajo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
See this post for comments from a recent Naples Consulate interviewee regarding the CO's being more diligent regarding the affidavit of support: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3519272

Very good.

We should note that that information pertains to the I-864, for which the State Department does issue more official guidance.

Consulates continue to operate under random and widely differing variances of financial proof for the hybrid K1 (which is the OP's query).

Yes, there are wide variances as to how things are handled at Consulates and the to best of my information, even within Consulates from one officer to another. This may or may not BE random but I can understand how they may seem so. I guess I'm still missing your point unless it's just to bust my chops per your usual routine.

Maybe we should ask Tay if this interchange qualifies as an attack on a member. It think I'll report my own post and see.

My point is this.

People fret themselves a good deal over the financial aspects of the process. It can be very scary.

It's an important part of the process as well. NOBODY wants to muck it up. But it's like any other "thing" with immigration. Factual knowledge is powerful and power over the process builds the chances of success.

I think it's better if we stick to what we know by actual anecdotal evidence and what we can prove by written guidance. I think it's unhelpful to those navigating this part of the process if they are led to think there are mysteries out there that only some of us know. It's the immigration equivalent of the monster in the closet. And it's unfair.

Then I suggest you follow that advice and leave the verification of what others have actual anecdotal evidence of, for them to decide. Unless I've missed something, you haven't been assigned by the Captain to verify all claims made by other members. And whether you have been or not, please go ###### at somebody else for a while.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My posting has been referenced regarding my husbands recent interview at the Naples consulate. Whether it can be verified by internet I am not sure, however, my husband was shown a correspondance from the Department of State to US Consulates stating something like "due to current financial events they are requesting that consulates be extra diligent in confirming petitioners still meet income requirements" and it had a list of things for the consulate to check like recent pay verifications, bank accounts, employment validity etc... and it had something about "calculating real value of assets such as house etc" but he did not have a chance to read it all and since that part did not pertain to our situation he did not retain that info... it was in more formal govt mumbo jumbo, but the CO pointed to it and paraphrased that they needed further information.

It was not exactly a secret document, but it was in a big binder that the CO referred to and was dated from August. When my husband showed the asset info from Italy and his letter of employment she showed him this letter and proceeded to ask for a current bank statement showing that we had the liquid assets in an account in MY name. My income was iffy since I own my own business, so I produced the doucment and the visa was issued...

Not sure how many consulates are following this advice but better to be safe then sorry.

To the OP, there is a chance that they will not ask, or that they will RFE for it... Roll the dice or go with the secure route and send it in anyway. If you have a stubborn co-sponsor then wait for the RFE if you get it... All it costs is time...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you, Christeen, for further explaining what happened in regards to your case.

This is a lot less mysterious than "there appears to be pretty recent new guidance to Consulates to be more diligent in evaluating the public charge concerns".

Sounds like CO's received a cable reminding them to do their job.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Inappropriate posts have been removed. If you can not have a discussion without it ending up with personal attacks. Then please do not post.

Tay

Visa Journey Moderation Team

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you all for the help and the info!

Yesterday I decided to print out my last 3 tax returns (instead of just last year's) because my dad was reluctant to include his cert. of naturalization. (He included a notarized letter of support, the 1-134 [which he 'checked' "I intend".."Leanne will be living at the house I share with my son, her fiance, in Rancho Cucamonga indefinately."], a letter from his employer & 2 paystubs showing y.t.d. income, a letter from a bank officer, and a notarized copy of his last year's federal tax return)

He said that they can just "type his cert. # in the computer if they want to verify it" LOL

I told him that was not necessarilly true, and that if he was born here they would want to see a copy of his birth cert. or passport... at which point he stormed off and slammed some doors and returned and threw his cert. of naturalization on my desk lolz. There was no need for a temper tantrum, I was just speaking to him calmly! :whistle:

I should qualify on my own, but since I was out of work for a year before landing this new job almost 2 months ago, I figured a co-sponsor might be needed.

I included: a notarized letter of intent to marry (since the interview might be after 4 months from NOA2), my I-134 (which i 'checked' "I intend".."LEANNE AND I WILL BE LIVING TOGETHER AT THE HOME I SHARE WITH MY FATHER IN RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIFORNIA, UNTIL WE CAN AFFORD TO MOVE OUT ON OUR OWN. I WILL PROVIDE LEANNE WITH FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER AND ANY MEDICAL NEEDS NECESSARY AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE."), a notarized letter of support, letter from my employer and last 3 paystubs, letter from a bank officer and last 2 bank statements, and notarized copies of my last 3 federal tax returns.

I just wanted to say "thanks" again for all the help, and give you an update regarding what we included :)

........January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged! t4527.gif

........May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

...Februay 04, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

........July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

........July 14, 2010: Check was cashed

........July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

........July 19, 2010: "Touch"..biometrics appt. letter mailed (I-485 & I-765)

.....August 02, 2010: Biometrics appointment

.....August 03, 2010: "Touch" on I-485 & I-765

.....August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

.....August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview...APPROVED!!!

usabig.gifbig_heart_beating.gifukbig.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yesterday I decided to print out my last 3 tax returns (instead of just last year's) because my dad was reluctant to include his cert. of naturalization. (He included a notarized letter of support, the 1-134 [which he 'checked' "I intend".."Leanne will be living at the house I share with my son, her fiance, in Rancho Cucamonga indefinately."], a letter from his employer & 2 paystubs showing y.t.d. income, a letter from a bank officer, and a notarized copy of his last year's federal tax return)

He said that they can just "type his cert. # in the computer if they want to verify it" LOL

I told him that was not necessarilly true, and that if he was born here they would want to see a copy of his birth cert. or passport... at which point he stormed off and slammed some doors and returned and threw his cert. of naturalization on my desk lolz. There was no need for a temper tantrum, I was just speaking to him calmly! :whistle:

I should qualify on my own, but since I was out of work for a year before landing this new job almost 2 months ago, I figured a co-sponsor might be needed.

I included: a notarized letter of intent to marry (since the interview might be after 4 months from NOA2), my I-134 (which i 'checked' "I intend".."LEANNE AND I WILL BE LIVING TOGETHER AT THE HOME I SHARE WITH MY FATHER IN RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIFORNIA, UNTIL WE CAN AFFORD TO MOVE OUT ON OUR OWN. I WILL PROVIDE LEANNE WITH FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER AND ANY MEDICAL NEEDS NECESSARY AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE."), a notarized letter of support, letter from my employer and last 3 paystubs, letter from a bank officer and last 2 bank statements, and notarized copies of my last 3 federal tax returns.

I just wanted to say "thanks" again for all the help, and give you an update regarding what we included :)

Just as a side note, I think that particular line doesn't sound very good. Is it even necessary to mention that you will move out on your own? It could be implied without this comment that possibly you intend to live with your father indefinitely, as he mentioned in his comment. Just a thought - don't want to provide extra info that could go against you if not necessary.

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Just as a side note, I think that particular line doesn't sound very good. Is it even necessary to mention that you will move out on your own? It could be implied without this comment that possibly you intend to live with your father indefinitely, as he mentioned in his comment. Just a thought - don't want to provide extra info that could go against you if not necessary.

I agree, I would put something like "due to current family reasons, we plan to temporarily reside with my father in Rancho cuco-whatever..." not that you cannot financially afford to live on your own... makes it seem more like a choice you are making rather then an economic mandate...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

ahh ok ... my line of thinking was the fact that they are looking for "definite" contributions, so I did not feel comfortable stating "indefinitely...", so I was somewhat trying to clarify my father's statement.

Thanks to everyone for your input! :)

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Based on the input of the last 2 posters, I have decided to change my form to read "LEANNE AND I WILL BE LIVING TOGETHER AT THE HOME I SHARE WITH MY FATHER IN RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIFORNIA. I WILL PROVIDE LEANNE WITH FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER AND ANY MEDICAL NEEDS NECESSARY AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE."

I have re-printed it and will send it to her now... I really appreciate your help!

I kept thinking about what you said, and it made sence!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.