Señor Bonito

What's the most memorable event in your sporting life?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I recovered a fumble for a touchdown in highschool ball, pretty exciting moment for a fat lineman. Caught a 9lb speckled trout wade fishing off the gulf coast. Killed a gold medal axis with my bow. These are not huge sporting feats but they are all part of a blessed life so far.

Wyatt

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

I have been a Denver Broncos fan since about 1964 so my most memorable even was them winning the Super Bowl in 1997 and then doing it again in 1998. I was really worried they would become the first team in history to go 0-5 in Super Bowl appearances.

Bronco fans can tell you all about the early lean year, the middle lean years and the late lean years. Thank God for Elway and Shanahan! :dance:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
I presume most of us here are into sports, either as a player participant or as a fanatico. And as such, there should be that one particular moment or event that gave us the thrill of all thrills and will forever be etched in our memory.

For example, our buddy from East Texas and his wife would probably never forget that day when the missus caught her first bass. Or, perhaps that day when the Stanford Cardinal roughed up the once mighty USC Trojans, a day that my friend will always remember as he was in the bleachers at the L.A. Coliseum, so was his son who plays the saxophone with the band from Palo Alto.

Mine happened 25 years ago, at Bonita Golf Club outside San Diego. With a 7-iron in my hands, I made a hole-in-one at the 160-yard 9th hole. Wow, what a memorable sensation that was! As if I just kissed my first date when I was fifteen. That was my first ace, to be followed by another one 24 years later at Eagle Glen GC in Corona, Calif.

How about you?

Señor Ilocano, I don’t want to undermine your golf ability but have you heard the saying that goes “man blames fate for other accidents, but feel personally responsible when he makes a hole-in-one”? :whistle:

Timeline
I have been a Denver Broncos fan since about 1964 so my most memorable even was them winning the Super Bowl in 1997 and then doing it again in 1998. I was really worried they would become the first team in history to go 0-5 in Super Bowl appearances.

Bronco fans can tell you all about the early lean year, the middle lean years and the late lean years. Thank God for Elway and Shanahan! :dance:

Sorry Jas, but your Broncos won't make the playoffs this year either. That win on Thanksgiving Day was a fluke. The team from the Braille Institute of San Diego can give a run for their money! :lol:

I presume most of us here are into sports, either as a player participant or as a fanatico. And as such, there should be that one particular moment or event that gave us the thrill of all thrills and will forever be etched in our memory.

For example, our buddy from East Texas and his wife would probably never forget that day when the missus caught her first bass. Or, perhaps that day when the Stanford Cardinal roughed up the once mighty USC Trojans, a day that my friend will always remember as he was in the bleachers at the L.A. Coliseum, so was his son who plays the saxophone with the band from Palo Alto.

Mine happened 25 years ago, at Bonita Golf Club outside San Diego. With a 7-iron in my hands, I made a hole-in-one at the 160-yard 9th hole. Wow, what a memorable sensation that was! As if I just kissed my first date when I was fifteen. That was my first ace, to be followed by another one 24 years later at Eagle Glen GC in Corona, Calif.

How about you?

Señor Ilocano, I don’t want to undermine your golf ability but have you heard the saying that goes “man blames fate for other accidents, but feel personally responsible when he makes a hole-in-one”? :whistle:

My husband (El Ilocano) has repeatedly told me that a hole in one is 20% skill and 80% luck. And he added that golf and sex are the only two things that someone can enjoy without being good at them! :star:

My new hometown - Corona, California

3307743289_c59d750f74_m.jpg

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How about you?

My husband (El Ilocano) has repeatedly told me that a hole in one is 20% skill and 80% luck. And he added that golf and sex are the only two things that someone can enjoy without being good at them! :star:

well there's always fishing too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

It is hard for me to decide which is best so I listed two.

1. Racing Moto-X: On the first lap of the 125 A class on a sand track in Illinois my rear brake stay arm came loose from the rear brake hub causing the rear wheel to lock up. Frantically, I spin the brake hub back in position and tied the arm up with the jersey I was wearing. From about a half lap behind I was able to pass everyone into 1st place. With no rear brake I would through the bike sideways into the corner and the loose sand would scrub off enough speed to get around the corner without crashing.

In the first lap of Moto 2 I collided with another racer on a steep downhill with a single file corner corner at the bottom. I landed in the sand burrs on my hands. Ouch. In last place again I rode back up to win the second Moto. In the pit area while I was taking my gloves off and looking at my bloody palms many people were congratulating me. But, one fellow racer brought me back to earth in a hurry by asking, "Why don't ride like that every weekend?"

PS. Riding from last to first may look easy when watching Ricky Carmichael or James Bubba Stewart, but for an average racer like me it was a once in a lifetime event. As many Phils would say God was good to me that day.

2. One summer day a storm was approaching and my friend yelled the barometer is 29.7 inches. We had already decided to go fishing because of the approaching storm, but had never seen the barometer that low before. The fishing was great for about one hour. We caught a fish on every cast!! On one cast I was reeling in a bass when a second bass bit the 2nd treble hook on a Rapala lure. Two Bass caught in one cast. We threw back any fish smaller than 12.5 inches and had a great haul. When the first bolt of lightning rumbled with thunder the fish stopped biting altogether.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 great moments in sporting history:

The most exciting experience I have PERSONALLY had was when I went skydiving at 'Skydive Chicago' on 8/1/98. It was a perfect day, felt the rush of the freefall, and then glided under the canopy for about 4 or 5 minutes. I could see the fields below me gently rippling, and it was soooo peaceful! I still have the videotape and photographs from the experience.

Better yet was the Boston Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series, after 86 L-O-N-G years without a championship!!! For any long-suffering Red Sox fan, it was the moment of a lifetime. I laughed, I cried, and I was so glad that my grandmother had lived to see it! She was born in 1918, the last year they had won a World Series, and she wanted so badly to see them win another one in her lifetime. She saw it, although we lost her a little over a year later. But it was a wonderful moment in history for all of "Red Sox Nation"!!! (And then they proved they weren't a 'one-trick pony' team by winning it again in '06! ^_^ )

Your Boston story is one of mine.....but not in a good way. Still can't get over that loss! :crying:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Sorry Jas, but your Broncos won't make the playoffs this year either. That win on Thanksgiving Day was a fluke. The team from the Braille Institute of San Diego can give a run for their money! :lol:

But they have two superbowsl so I am satisfied. There are a lot of teams out there without superbowl wins and a couple that are 0-4. I have been through many seasons where they lost a lot more than they won but it just doesn't matter any more :D

Denver seems to be doing better with Orton that Chicago is with the cry baby.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

The best I can come up with is completing 'The Cannery' mission in Wolfenstein 2009.

That was one tought dude, my hands were shaking when I finally took him out.

-Phil

How about you?

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

But they have two superbowsl so I am satisfied. There are a lot of teams out there without superbowl wins and a couple that are 0-4. I have been through many seasons where they lost a lot more than they won but it just doesn't matter any more :D

Denver seems to be doing better with Orton that Chicago is with the cry baby.

Remember the Buffalo Boy I Love Losing Superbowls. The media can be mean at times.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about you?

A hole-in-one is 99.99 percent luck. By the way, the golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing. :star:

tex-mex.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.