Enigma11561

Did you come home together or meet at the airport?

67 posts in this topic

I was picked up at the airport.

He had a bunch of sunflowers in one hand and a huge smile on his goofy face.

I'm glad he didn't come and pick me up in England because we wouldn't have had the 3 weeks off work to settle me in.

B-LISS.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are planning for me to fly to Morocco to be with him when he says goodbye to his family, and then travel to the states together. He is a big boy and very capable of negotiating airports alone, but he has never flown before, never even been out of Morocco, and I simply want the chance to witness his first reactions to these milestones. It's almost like enjoying one of your kids as they make a new discovery! We will very aptly be taking the first steps into our new life TOGETHER this way. I think it's an individual decision, no right or wrong answer in these cases. Yes, there is money to be saved by just meeting at the POE, perhaps even time to be saved. (Although in my case, my vacation time is decided by my employer (a doctor): we close the office for several weeks at a time when we take vacations, and since it is all paid time and amounts to 5 or 6 weeks a year, I don't ever complain!!) Anyway, every situation is different. But it's neat to read about the varying scenarios. I especially liked the story of the man who met his SO with the handful of sunflowers. Nice touch. :energy:

Do you see how big the sea is?

Do you see how big the sea is? My love for you is as big as the sea.

Do you see how far the sky is? My love for you is as far as the sky.

As big as the sea and as far as the sky I love you,

I waited for you, I called upon you, I drew you on the promenades,

You sorrow of my life, you tears of the flowers, you season of the birds,

How vast the forest is, my heart is as vast as the forest.

You who are drawn on my door, and drawn in my heart,

I waited for you a year, and throughout the year I would ask the walnut trees,

and I would see you in the sunny days, coming from the sunny days, and lost in the almond leaves,

How small is a tear, and I am just a tear in your way,

I want to vow a candle so that you would let me love you.

Fayrouz's song

K-1 Visa

AOS,EAD,AP.

Greencard Received : 2010/10/02

Date AP Received : 2010-10-04

Date EAD Card Received : 2010-10-06

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just didn't think it was fair for my wife to travel alone. I wanted to be with her on the day of the interview, to experience her last days with the family, and to show her how much it means to me for her to leave everything behind and be with me. Looking back, I'm glad I made the decision to travel with her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My hubby and I have spent the better part of 9 years traveling back and forth all over to meet up... I was working in Florida and hubby had to do the interview by himself... Of course he booked himself in a 5* hotel in Naples and had waterfront dinners every night and made it into a mini-"man(va)cation!!!

He flew over 5 days later by himself and had his POE in Charlotte before boarding another plane to W. Palm... But in my defense I did park the car and actually go INSIDE the airport and wait for him instead of picking him up outside at the arrivals terminal!!!...lol....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

I was supposed to go back with my fiance yesterday, but prices for plane tickets got way too expensive since I didnt have enough confidence in the postal system here.

So I'll be getting picked up at the airport.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

It seems that those couples who live closer together ( say the US and Canada) typically meet in the others country and come back together. Those who live further apart ( say the US and Ukraine) where those extra round trip tickets can be expensive ( money which could be used for other things)and having to eat into your vacation time typically, with exceptions, seem to be the ones who wait at the POE.

The reason for my post is that I will need to make this decision soon. she would like me to meet her in Kiev, after a 7 hour train ride from Belarus, stay there for only one day and come back to the states together. She is afraid of flying over the ocean, on a 10 hour flight, even though she has been in many planes before. A part of me wants to do this and I imagine some romantic moments on the plane. But the chances are we will both wind up sleeping most of the way. It is a bit boring. On the other hand, I would rather spend the money for tickets on other things she will need when she arrives. And my company restricts the number of days I can take in any given month and I want to spend as much time as possible with her when she lands. Decisions. decisions.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a question about that what if I were to meet my wife at POE in LA and I flew there to pick her up and we decided to stay there for 3 days vaction see universal studios, disney land ect. Can she get back on the plane and fly to denver then fly to my home city after that or will they take her visa from her at POE. Will they let her back on the plane a few days after she leaves the airport I guess is what im asking?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I am comtimpalting the same thing almost i was thinking about meeting my wife in Las Vegas or LA and drive her back to Wyoming sight seeing as we go...does anyone have ideas about ticket prices and availability for the latter part of this week? It's hard for me to decide but prices would be an easy way to make that decision too...thanks for any help you guys may have!

Thanks,

Michael

My then fiance went to the Philippines to pick me up. Actually, he thinks it's the proper way to go so he could assure my father that I'm in good hands so to speak. He drove from Colorado to California, flew to the Philippines and stayed for a week. We flew back to LA then had a week-long road trip back to Colorado, visiting Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon along the way.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have a question about that what if I were to meet my wife at POE in LA and I flew there to pick her up and we decided to stay there for 3 days vaction see universal studios, disney land ect. Can she get back on the plane and fly to denver then fly to my home city after that or will they take her visa from her at POE. Will they let her back on the plane a few days after she leaves the airport I guess is what im asking?

Hi bryonm4,

Once your wife goes through the POE at LA she has officially entered the US. She is free to fly domestically anywhere within the US that she wants and doesn't need a visa. She will still have her visa too - it will be permanently fastened into her passport. So, yes you can meet her at the POE, spend a few days there together and then take take another flight or two to wherever you want to head in the US. If she has a ticket they will definitely let her back on the plane. If she is already booked through to your home airport, you will need to make arrangements with your airline to allow her to change her current ticket to a later flight, if they will allow it. It has nothing to do with her being an immigrant or having a visa, but everything to do with the airlines policies about such matters.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

The first time entering US for visa activation we flew in together for a short (2 week) vacation in the US. Then returned back to my home country to finish our contracts. Mu husband flew back to the States a month before I was done with my job. We met again at the airport a month later.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I flew all the way here all by myself for 2 reasons. 1) To save money from buying airline tix for 2 person. 2) Although I was nervous, I wanted to experience to fly alone (long distance) and feel how my husband felt when he flew to the Philippines to visit me. And I wanted him to feel how i felt while I was waiting for him to arrive at the airport LOL. I can say, it was an awesome experience and I just giggle everytime I find myself ignorant about the new stuff I've seen/witness on the way here. Getting confuse where to go, what to do next at the airport is like an adventure...luv it! :innocent:

I like how you said you wanted to fly alone to experience how your husband did every time he flew to PI. Nice :thumbs:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We are planning for me to fly to Morocco to be with him when he says goodbye to his family, and then travel to the states together. He is a big boy and very capable of negotiating airports alone, but he has never flown before, never even been out of Morocco, and I simply want the chance to witness his first reactions to these milestones. It's almost like enjoying one of your kids as they make a new discovery! We will very aptly be taking the first steps into our new life TOGETHER this way. I think it's an individual decision, no right or wrong answer in these cases. Yes, there is money to be saved by just meeting at the POE, perhaps even time to be saved. (Although in my case, my vacation time is decided by my employer (a doctor): we close the office for several weeks at a time when we take vacations, and since it is all paid time and amounts to 5 or 6 weeks a year, I don't ever complain!!) Anyway, every situation is different. But it's neat to read about the varying scenarios. I especially liked the story of the man who met his SO with the handful of sunflowers. Nice touch. :energy:

Like you, I wanted to be with my husband when he made his move to the U.S. We decided not to spend Christmas 2006 together so that we could afford for me to go to Rio for the interview along with my husband. It was very romantic (as you can imagine Rio de Janeiro to be) and we had our (pre wedding) honeymoon. It was amazing! The interview was a piece of cake and after 10 days on the beach we came back to the U.S. together. I wanted us to go through the interview and the move together. It was my husband's first trip outside of the north of Brazil and he didn't know English. I think it was better that I was with him (though he could have done it alone).

I'm glad we shared that experience.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Timeline
He flew over 5 days later by himself and had his POE in Charlotte before boarding another plane to W. Palm... But in my defense I did park the car and actually go INSIDE the airport and wait for him instead of picking him up outside at the arrivals terminal!!!...lol....

Excellent decision. :thumbs::lol:

The reason for my post is that I will need to make this decision soon. she would like me to meet her in Kiev, after a 7 hour train ride from Belarus, stay there for only one day and come back to the states together. She is afraid of flying over the ocean, on a 10 hour flight, even though she has been in many planes before. A part of me wants to do this and I imagine some romantic moments on the plane. But the chances are we will both wind up sleeping most of the way. It is a bit boring. On the other hand, I would rather spend the money for tickets on other things she will need when she arrives. And my company restricts the number of days I can take in any given month and I want to spend as much time as possible with her when she lands. Decisions. decisions.

That would be a no-brainer for me. I'd be greeting her at the airport. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I've flown countless times to the U.S. by myself. Can navigate JFK/EWR and Port Authority like the back of my hand. I've been flying alone since I was 16 and I'm a big girl. Don't need no adult chaperone during travel.

It'd be nice if the hubby could come to India and we could spend a week or two here before flying back to the U.S. but chances are he won't be able to get time off from work and tickets are mad expensive so I guess he'll be meeting me at his domestic airport after I clear POE. Even thinking about seeing his goofy face at the arrivals gate makes me mouth break into a huge grin. I cannot wait for the day. It is going to be great. I just know it.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.