Enigma11561

Did you come home together or meet at the airport?

67 posts in this topic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I didn't move until 5 weeks after my interview, though.

I moved 2 days before my visa expired. That might be why he came to get me. LOL

:rofl:

Okay that's about the funniest thing ever on VJ.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Chris happened to be on the mainland for training. So after courses ended in Kansas City, he flew to Edmonton. We packed up the car and drove to Seattle. Shipped it and then flew to Hawaii with the cat.

We processed the visa at the POE reeking of cat urine. :lol:

I flew all the way here all by myself for 2 reasons. 1) To save money from buying airline tix for 2 person. 2) Although I was nervous, I wanted to experience to fly alone (long distance) and feel how my husband felt when he flew to the Philippines to visit me. And I wanted him to feel how i felt while I was waiting for him to arrive at the airport LOL. I can say, it was an awesome experience and I just giggle everytime I find myself ignorant about the new stuff I've seen/witness on the way here. Getting confuse where to go, what to do next at the airport is like an adventure...luv it! :innocent:

ZlYHm6.png

I flew all the way here all by myself for 2 reasons. 1) To save money from buying airline tix for 2 person. 2) Although I was nervous, I wanted to experience to fly alone (long distance) and feel how my husband felt when he flew to the Philippines to visit me. And I wanted him to feel how i felt while I was waiting for him to arrive at the airport LOL. I can say, it was an awesome experience and I just giggle everytime I find myself ignorant about the new stuff I've seen/witness on the way here. Getting confuse where to go, what to do next at the airport is like an adventure...luv it! :innocent:

What a great attitude and response you have here! This is exactly what I am talking about. And your man is so lucky to have you!

Traveling to the US POE is part of the rite of passage for Pinay. Making an adventure out of the process, and not a daunting journey is such a great attitude, and way to make it fun for you. Plus, you are conscious of saving money! :thumbs:

Also, the man gets to save his vacation time from work to use to stay home with you every day for 2 weeks or more while you are first getting acclimated to your new home and community.

There really isnt a practical need for the man to be in MNL for interview, and fly home with Pinay to hold her hand. Now, one poster here wanted to fly home with his wife with young baby. I can understand and approve of this exception.

Happy days and nights to you!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

My husband came to be with me on my interview only to be told that he wasn't needed there. :P Regardless, he was there to support me and I appreciated that very much, less stress for me. We came through the POE together.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,

yes my wife just passed her interview and i am waiting to pick her up at the POE...with us it didnt make much sense to spend 1300 dollars for a ticket when we can use that money for Christmas presents. Plus I agree I cant wait to be waiting in the air port we have a bet who will see who first....im thinking of wearing a disguise...lol oh well hopefully visa come this week and we can introduce her to the family at thnaskgiving!

Take Care,

Michael

Our fiancees are "big girls" who can get on a plane in one city, and disembark the plane in your home city. I think it is more fun and romantic to greet the girl at POE. Plus, its more fun to use your vacation time and money to show her around your home town. Man makes 2 or 3 trips to foreign country to be with her, then she flies to be with him! This is the way to go. :dance:

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to my interview, my mom came with me and stayed at the hotel. I was planning to go alone but she was sad that I would be leaving if i get my visa so she wanted to have a 2 day trip with me to montreal.

My mom drove with me and my stuff down to the states for the wedding then she flew back a week after our wedding as she stayed and visited for a while cus she had never been here before. ( we had rented a truck and a car tow ).

My SO met us at the place we had to drop the car tow off at, then we drove back to his place and unloaded the truck.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

My then fiance went to the Philippines to pick me up. Actually, he thinks it's the proper way to go so he could assure my father that I'm in good hands so to speak. He drove from Colorado to California, flew to the Philippines and stayed for a week. We flew back to LA then had a week-long road trip back to Colorado, visiting Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon along the way.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

My then fiance went to the Philippines to pick me up. Actually, he thinks it's the proper way to go so he could assure my father that I'm in good hands so to speak. He drove from Colorado to California, flew to the Philippines and stayed for a week. We flew back to LA then had a week-long road trip back to Colorado, visiting Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon along the way.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Giving the biyenan half the cost of the airfare instead will DEFINITELY let them know that daughter is now in good hands ;)

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I flew back to see her 3 months after my first visit. At the time we thought she would be moving in another 3 months, but wow were we wrong. 5 months later she lands in Charlotte. It didn't make sense financially to fly back for her flight. :)

We flew home together. We were living together in NZ at the time. We spent a few weeks at his father during the interview and packet 3 stage. I think it was nice for us to spend time at his fathers for a few weeks since it must be emotional to have your child moving to the other side of the world. We had the interview and flew to the US 3 days later. We move fast and had spent the last 6 months preparing to come home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance (now husband) came up to help me pack and load up the moving van, and he drove the moving van across the border, with me following him driving his car.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I went over for the interview and we flew back together 10 days later.

I was glad we did it that way. I got to see (for better or worse) how it was for him making final decisions. And I was there to see him say good bye to his brother.

When they come here for good on that particular trip - it's different. There is so much finality. I'm glad I was there to see what he was experiencing. It made me appreciate what he was doing for me even more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.