bowflex

Good Reasons to Punch Someone in the Face

43 posts in this topic

Lol This has happened a few times but I'm seriously considering ending this old man's face today Lol. Just a quick summarization, he works with my wife at the digital design and printing company she works for. He's been a friend of the boss for decades so that's really the only reason he has a job. Barely comes in, goes home early, barely does anything, steals from the little change jar, just a horrible excuse for a person Lol.

Well my wife has practically been running the place for a year of the two she's been there now as the boss has a bunch of investment properties that he's pretty much managing now. The company is thriving, actually making a profit throughout these rough times, blah blah blah haha.

Anywho, the guy goes up to my wife from the back of the shop yesterday and starts asking her a bit about where she's from and stuff since my wife has quite the unique accent (imagine slight Romanian, Canadian, and American rolled into one). My wife was nice and told him the story of how she ended up here and then after all that he says "Oh so you married an American to get out of Canada and have a better life. I thought America has stricter laws on that stuff."

I'm really thinking about picking her up for lunch and just destroying the guy in the back of the shop, at least no one can hear him scream since the machinery is so loud Lol.

Edited by bowflex

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only post this because I'm sure some of you have come across the same type of ignorance and I'm curious how you just brush it off Lol. Knowing that some people know so little of other countries is one thing, but accepting that they could then just speak without caring about how it'll affect others just disgusts me haha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

sorry I lold for real and found this really funny. I too would want to throat punch that guy, and yea my husband and I share the same type of experience you have and wouldnt mind doing that to a few people !

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Moved to America to get out of Canada? I've honestly NEVER heard this before. Canada's a great place. I'm moving for the love of my life, not to have a "better" life in America.

I would definitely send my mini death star on him.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Don't bother hitting the old man, he may just lose some more of his marbles and god knows he needs every last one of them.

Moved to America to get out of Canada? I've honestly NEVER heard this before. Canada's a great place. I'm moving for the love of my life, not to have a "better" life in America.

I would definitely send my mini death star on him.

My boss thinks that my son and I came here for the opportunities... but then again she calls Syracuse "way up north" and thinks that there's Caribou there. :lol:

I don't even correct these people, they are my entertainment.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've thought this so much, I need to buy a punching bag just to release the energy.

Too bad we don't live in the wild west anymore.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Lol I've decided I'm just going to visit my wife for lunch and ask him how living with his mother at the age of 43 is treating him, that outta do the trick without him being able to sue me haha.

Lol Another funny part is that we're in friggin Michigan, not even an hour away from Canada. I don't know one single person around here who hasn't visited Canada their entire life. The change going over the border is barely even noticeable unless you count seeing people actually walking around or riding public transportation in Canada haha.

But if we didn't have stupid people who would we laugh at??

Lol Great Point :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Lol I've decided I'm just going to visit my wife for lunch and ask him how living with his mother at the age of 43 is treating him, that outta do the trick without him being able to sue me haha.

I like that!! ask him very pleasantly.

My fiancé's 40-something-misogynistic-loser-step-brother was telling everybody in the family to watch out because I was just using Matt to get a GC. It really p!ssed me off at first but then I realised everyone was getting quite a chuckle out it.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

With all respect to people who've found real love through IMBRA, I too have caught whiffs of some sentiment that meeting online and having a long distance relationship, never mind the Canadian factor, someone with a foreign fiance somehow "couldn't get a local and must be defective". What??

I mean, first of all, so what if we are defective :lol:

Maybe Boston is judgmental.

But any whiff of some perception that our marriages are not legitimate.. makes me ... argh. I'm Canadian. Have a beer (over the head), eh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiancé's 40-something-misogynistic-loser-step-brother was telling everybody in the family to watch out because I was just using Matt to get a GC. It really p!ssed me off at first but then I realised everyone was getting quite a chuckle out it.

Heh. I have joked that J is just using me to eventually get into Canada. Of course not.. coming from someone other than us? Tricky. But cool that they were finding amusement and not serious about it.

Yeah, it's funny how that assumption is made...

Hey, I told myself I would never have a long distance relationship. I was quite actively dating locally until a couple years ago etc....and then I met my eventual wife on a hockey forum of all places.

I've heard the saying "love is a choice" before, and while it IS, to some degree, there's no accounting for the "chance encounter" factor. It certainly trumps the distance / convenience factor! Both my wife and I knew within a week of our online courtship that we'd have a long future together. I think it was only a matter of two or three weeks before we told each other of our love.

There's no shame in it. There should be no stigma. It's almost like love exists on a different plane than ours, and sometimes we tap into it on purpose, and sometimes it's completely by happy accident.

People who don't understand how relationships like this can originate don't deserve to understand.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

I have heard from someone in regards to my husband: "I don't know why he couldn't find someone locally"

Umm because love doesn't work that way.

Though this came from the same person who told me: "I don't know why you have to go celebrate Canada day, you don't even live there anymore.."

You know I find that the most ignorant people are always the first to open their mouths and say something really stupid.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Lol I never thought if it that way, but the ignorant do seem to talk more than others, ####### just look at Fox News (hiyooooooooooooooo haha).

I've even had friends that never understood why I married my wife, even though for the first 11 months we were together we lived less than 15 minutes away from each other. When I stayed with her after she went to Canada and then got married a few years later I was still getting the little "why don't you get with someone that's already over here" comments. Some people will just never experience caring about someone enough to make going through something like the immigration process worth it I guess. All I can say is sucks to be them haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.