bsmerelda

Every message makes a difference

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Oh I understand completly because we have been trying to get my grand mother in Mexico City to come over here legally for 11 years

That's easy to do - have your USC Mother or Father file an I-130 petition for an IR-5 visa.

If Dad isn't legally in the country, could you ask him to leave?

haha it makes me laugh how clueless u really are! My mom was born and raised in SC my dad was born and raised in Mexico but he got his papers worked out ..which makes him what.?? (LEGAL) and I was born here in SC which makes me what? (LEGAL) Um how do illegals pay taxes? thats so easy it gets taken out of their check just like Im sure it gets taken out from yours and mine.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
It doesn't matter where you were born or where you are from, we all have a right to reach happiness.

As long as it's done legally, I'd agree with you.

If there is any hint of illegal aliens activity, though, I'm trigger happy to call ICE, regardless of who it is, and where they are from.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
haha it makes me laugh how clueless u really are! My mom was born and raised in SC my dad was born and raised in Mexico but he got his papers worked out ..which makes him what.?? (LEGAL) and I was born here in SC which makes me what? (LEGAL) Um how do illegals pay taxes? thats so easy it gets taken out of their check just like Im sure it gets taken out from yours and mine.

If the grandmother's child is a naturalized USC, then that (parent of yours ) child can file an I-130 petition (immediately ) for an IR-5 visa. Takes about 9 months, start to finish. What's keeping the grandmother's child from filing?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You don't know a thing about me and my finance's situation. Not to mention my previous past dealing with immigration. You think I would jump on an idea and support it with out having STRONG beliefs in it....UH NO!!!

Well, regardless of yer situation, coming here to support illegal aliens is a bad thing.

You've made a choice to support a bad thing.

It doesn't matter if you have a heart-felt desire to re-unite yer family in the USA.

What does matter is your preferred approach.

If your preferred approach is to blatantly be adamant for supporting illegal aliens in the USA, I think you've come to the wrong web portal.

Well, you don't think I would LOVE to get my finance his papers legally if I could? Yes I would so do it in a heart beat but unfortunaly the way the law is set up he will never be able to do it :(

It doesn't matter where you were born or where you are from, we all have a right to reach happiness.

As long as it's done legally, I'd agree with you.

If there is any hint of illegal aliens activity, though, I'm trigger happy to call ICE, regardless of who it is, and where they are from.

haha well good thing u don't know us!

Timeline
Well, you don't think I would LOVE to get my finance his papers legally if I could? Yes I would so do it in a heart beat but unfortunaly the way the law is set up he will never be able to do it :(

What, specifically, is keeping you from making this happen?

LEGAL PAPERS for a fiance visa start with an I-129F petition filed by a US Citizen. Could be naturalized USC, or in your case (as you say ) native-born USC.

What's the hold up?

What, specifically, is keeping you from making this happen?

LEGAL PAPERS for a fiance visa start with an I-129F petition filed by a US Citizen. Could be naturalized USC, or in your case (as you say ) native-born USC.

What's the hold up?

Whats preventing me from filing for him his papers is a lawyer who said he will NEVER be able to get his papers because he has been over here for 5 years illegally. and the law changed in Aug. 30, 2001 saying an illegal can not get their papers even if they get married with a USC

Timeline
Whats preventing me from filing for him his papers is a lawyer who said he will NEVER be able to get his papers because he has been over here for 5 years illegally. and the law changed in Aug. 30, 2001 saying an illegal can not get their papers even if they get married with a USC

Then here's my handy-dandy suggestion.

Have him go back to HIS country, and get a passport for HIS country. (sorry, I assume you are female )

Then you have a visit to him in his country, document the trip (just like every one here does ).

Then YOU FILE for the I-129F paperwork whilst he's back in HIS country, and let the paperwork flow through USCIS, NVC, and 'that' embassy.

Here's a hint - if USCIS / DHS / ICE has no current or prior record of him IN the USA - you have a hope.

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The only reasons he would be permanently prevented from coming to the US is if he is a criminal, Drug runner, Child molester, wife beater or something equally as bad. And if that is the case having him here illegally is even worse. There are people that have to work years to get their fiance or spouse here legally and yes it takes time and work. My SO is from Africa and it is ranked about the 20 poorest country in the world. So don't try to play to pity card. Others have it just as bad and maybe even worse and we are doing things the legal way. But thanks for the phone number , we can fill it with calls about how disgusting we think illegal immigration is

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline
the Immigration Reform law.

You mean Bill, not Law, right?

I'd not support this Bill at all, if it gives illegals any rights to file while they are in the USA, to become a legal resident, even for temporary work visa, must less legal alien resident.

The only reasons he would be permanently prevented from coming to the US is if he is a criminal, Drug runner, Child molester, wife beater or something equally as bad. And if that is the case having him here illegally is even worse. There are people that have to work years to get their fiance or spouse here legally and yes it takes time and work. My SO is from Africa and it is ranked about the 20 poorest country in the world. So don't try to play to pity card. Others have it just as bad and maybe even worse and we are doing things the legal way. But thanks for the phone number , we can fill it with calls about how disgusting we think illegal immigration is

What a jerk! and for your fyi no one is trying to play the pity card. We don't want or need it! and as far as him going back to his own country that would be a dum idea because then he will have a 10 year penalty against him from coming back and if we lie and say he has never been here and they find out then we would be commiting frad!!!! and go ahead and call im sure theirs way more 10000000 lations that out number ur #### so go ahead and waste your time!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the Immigration Reform law.

You mean Bill, not Law, right?

I'd not support this Bill at all, if it gives illegals any rights to file while they are in the USA, to become a legal resident, even for temporary work visa, must less legal alien resident.

I am just so lost as to why you all do not want illegals to come over here because from what I was told this website is for illegals trying to get their papers!!! I mean come on....#######?

Timeline

So, Dad might be a Permanent Resident by now, right? right after 3 years of him having PR status, he can file (cause he's still married to yer Mum ) for Citizenship status.

The day after he receives his Citizenship he can file an I-130 petition for his mother - she can be here within 9 months of filing (give or take a month ).

Really, what's the issue?

I am just so lost as to why you all do not want illegals to come over here because from what I was told this website is for illegals trying to get their papers!!! I mean come on....#######?

You were 'told' wrong. I suggest you get back to whoever 'told' you, and hit them upside the head with a tire iron for giving you the wrong information.

So, Dad might be a Permanent Resident by now, right? right after 3 years of him having PR status, he can file (cause he's still married to yer Mum ) for Citizenship status.

The day after he receives his Citizenship he can file an I-130 petition for his mother - she can be here within 9 months of filing (give or take a month ).

Okay wrong. Dad got his papers wayyyy wayyy long ago (years ago) and parents are divorced for almost 3 years but dad had his papers b/4 he married mom but neways do not feel like being on this lame website any more it's point less. I'm the type of person who likes to talk to positve people.

You were 'told' wrong. I suggest you get back to whoever 'told' you, and hit them upside the head with a tire iron for giving you the wrong information.

Well the person who gave me this website and told me about it was an IMMIGRATION LAWYER!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.