dessndave

Age gap she is 18 turning 19 as I am 35

136 posts in this topic

Sometimes it's so easy to comment because we are not in the position, then when we experience the same thing we will realize why someone reacted that way. I am not jealous because I have my husband... my point, he married a young girl and was not ready for married life, but I even pointed there that not all young woman are like that. I even pointed there that the age gap is not a big problem...

Your point of bashing his ex wife (I have seen you post the same bashing thread 2 times so far) is un called for. I still say you are jealous.

Remember this, You heard the explantion from his side, and to every story there is always 3 sides to every story.

His Side, Her Side, and the Truth

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Wait, I'm confused, Cacerez. I thought we were listing the shortest age gap. Some one listed 6 months, and mine's 3 months.

I'm winning so far. So, HA! : )

Yea, I got confused - I was thinking about age differences where man is older than woman in general. Sorry - you win!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Sometimes it's so easy to comment because we are not in the position, then when we experience the same thing we will realize why someone reacted that way. I am not jealous because I have my husband... my point, he married a young girl and was not ready for married life, but I even pointed there that not all young woman are like that. I even pointed there that the age gap is not a big problem...

Your point of bashing his ex wife (I have seen you post the same bashing thread 2 times so far) is un called for. I still say you are jealous.

Remember this, You heard the explantion from his side, and to every story there is always 3 sides to every story.

His Side, Her Side, and the Truth

wow! for the first time I agree with you tallcoolone! LOL!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

LOL. I'm 3 months younger than my husband.

And you're older to your husband by 13 months, Cacarez?

What about everyone else?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok my fiance is 18 turning 19 within a month.

I am currently filling forms out. And preparing them to be sent in.

Yes some may think im crazy cause of her age. I thought about it many times. *But I Love her & am Happy with her*

But honestly At the beginning Never imagined being with her.

But in time things grew into more & couldn't get her out of my mind.

She is a great person & honestly not looking for money Thank god.

But down to my question.

has anyone gone to the interview and know what they say about that age gap?

Specific tactical questions etc?

My fiance is very shy and that is about all that I worry about.

And what issues that may cross our paths.

Idea's Suggestions Greatly appreciated.

I did hire a lawyer for the papers as I have a few complicated issues. in my thoughts.

example Taking time to perfect paperwork. etc. a bit of money for help to get it processed and done is better then spending 6months on my own to make sure it's all perfect.

I was going to do it on my own. until i read a bit deeper...

Thank you.

Your age gap (16) is quite average for a Fil-Am relationship (mine is 24). At the interview there was no specific "age gap" questions. However they did ask my wife why she wanted to be with me and her quick reply was simple and direct...."Because I love him". Our petition was approved shortly thereafter.

Your Pinay fiancee' is shy? JOIN THE CROWD! LOL

A 6 month approval time is very average.

Good luck and hope your lawyer works out your issues.

I agree. I think you should be with her during interview. =)

No need for Petitioner to attend interview

If he has time and money to do it, then by all means do it.

Being critical for him being there in order for his girl to get an approval, Not really............

True,,, When I had my interview hubby was there, the consul didn't let him in while i was interviewed.

Hubby was 44 and I was 19 when we meet each other,, been married for 4 years now..

Maddy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

18 turning 19, thats where i would have doubts. I would question her level of maturity. Not age gap. When I was that age I still had alot of CURIOSITY. and espcially for someone who grew up in a different country and then bringing her to US.... I think that will be a challenge.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, I just read through several pages of this thread trying to see if anyone else had mentioned this, but to the OP, because of your wife's relatively young age, you will need a written consent from her parents. I can't find the Philippine Law requiring this, but you'll need to have this before she goes to her CFO seminar.

You should consult with a lawyer there in her area as to the requirements for the validity of the letter of parental consent.

Filed: Timeline

I am married to a guy older thaN me too, he's 56 and i am 31,,, it can be challenging sometime especially when we first got married but so far our relationship is doin great,,,i think marrying to someone older than you is all a matter of chemistry, common goals, communication, & Love.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok, I just read through several pages of this thread trying to see if anyone else had mentioned this, but to the OP, because of your wife's relatively young age, you will need a written consent from her parents. I can't find the Philippine Law requiring this, but you'll need to have this before she goes to her CFO seminar.

You should consult with a lawyer there in her area as to the requirements for the validity of the letter of parental consent.

I found it:

Marriage in the Philippines

Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry).

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

Filed: Other Timeline

As I know, the number of divorced is high. I assumed most of them are almost same age. However, the young person is immature, but it doesn't mean that s/he is incapable to have relationship (why older partners are divorcing, too?). Being a hoer, the age doesn't really play. If you're that type of person, then you're.

Edited by S*J

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

You don't need to do all that. Simply go to the local city call and find the Civil Registrar's desk. Take one of your parents with you. Tell them you need to take CFO counseling and need the parental consent form for it. Everyone signs it, including the civil registrar, and you get it notarized. Just a small fee for it. Good Luck.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am 51 and Novie is 24.. The interviewer will not bring up the age difference. They see it every day. Not an issue. They will ask questions to insure there is a bonified relationship but generally are very gentle in their approach. If there is no issue regarding the bonified nature of your relationship then relax..

The pre-interviewers are sometimes a little more annoying with their questions.. I was at the window with Novie for this part of the process and ours asked "why Novie?" "what's so special about her?"

The only place where age difference was a factor was at CFO.. Commision for Fillipinos overseas... The counselor there denied Novie the document needed to travel and it took a week to get it fixed. The age difference and my divorce papers were the issue... your difference will mean nothing there as it is minimal.. My divorce papers read "mental cruelty" as the grounds for divorce.. pretty standard in the US but they take it seriously there when it is written on an official document.. The combination of the age difference and this made me a "mean old man"..

Of course that is funny only if you know me.. but anyway.. don't worry about it..

Its okay, it won't be a big deal as long as you can prove that your relationship genuine, there wil be no problem.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.